• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AP Poll is out

2Slick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess our 16 point head-to-head win over Nova while having the same number of loses means nothing.

BUT...still top 10! :yahoo:

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry didn't elaborate. How is it a transitive property argument if UVa did beat UNC and Syracuse, as well as the teams that Duke, Cuse and UNC lost to?

It's the your team (A) beat the teams C,D,N lost too (b) so therefore (A) is better than C (C,D,N).

It just doesn't work like that, that's all.

Jim Rome is Flaming

Check that, Chris Everett
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could have done without SDSU and Wisconsin and inserted Louisville and Cincinnati. IMO, one could possibly make a case for Wisconsin, not so sure about SDSU.

I can't speak for SDSU because I don't know much about them, but you think Louisville and Cincinnati should be ahead of Wisconsin? Based on what?

All three are currently sitting at 24-5, so let's look at the rest of their resume:

SOS:
Wisconsin: 2
Cincinnati 69
Louisville 107

Record vs. top 25 RPI:
Wisconsin: 5-2
Cincinnati: 0-1
Louisville: 1-3

Good Wins:
Wisconsin: Florida, Virginia, Michigan, St. Louis, Michigan St., Iowa x2, Minnesota
Cincinnati: UCONN, Louisville, Memphis, SMU, Pitt
Louisville: Cincy, UCONN, Southern Miss, SMU

It's not even close. Wisconsin is miles ahead of these two teams.

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't speak for SDSU because I don't know much about them, but you think Louisville and Cincinnati should be ahead of Wisconsin? Based on what?

All three are currently sitting at 24-5, so let's look at the rest of their resume:

SOS:
Wisconsin: 2
Cincinnati 69
Louisville 107

Record vs. top 25 RPI:
Wisconsin: 5-2
Cincinnati: 0-1
Louisville: 1-3

Good Wins:
Wisconsin: Florida, Virginia, Michigan, St. Louis, Michigan St., Iowa x2, Minnesota
Cincinnati: UCONN, Louisville, Memphis, SMU, Pitt
Louisville: Cincy, UCONN, Southern Miss, SMU

In terms of there resumes yes, but I wouldn't say Wisconsin is miles ahead in terms of what any of the 3 will do in the dance. I do think Wisconsin is better and a scary 2 seed. All 3 are great squads though.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When it comes to UofL....factor in Rick Pitino.

And you see....this is where the dance gets.....different. Everyone can tell me all about all those stats...not just yours but everyone's from kenpron right down to jonvistats.

The best team is SU. If you knock them out the dance, you will win the tourney. Till then, SU is the best team on the planet.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does anyone think that, at any point in any conference's history, 3 DIFFERENT TEAMS have had 11 game in-conference winning streaks in the same season? That screams of a lack of competition in conference, and I am willing to bet it's never happened before this year's ACC.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it comes to UofL....factor in Rick Pitino.

And you see....this is where the dance gets.....different. Everyone can tell me all about all those stats...not just yours but everyone's from ken prom right down to jonvistats.

The best team is SU. If you knock them out the dance, you will win the tourney. Till then, SU is the best team on the planet.

ditto, but for my team

Jim Rome is Flaming

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In terms of there resumes yes, but I wouldn't say Wisconsin is miles ahead in terms of what any of the 3 will do in the dance. I do think Wisconsin is better and a scary 2 seed. All 3 are great squads though.

I was speaking mostly in terms of resume. But even with the eye test, you have to give Wisconsin the advantage. Miles ahead in resume, but only strides ahead from the eye test.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest, I pray Florida gets Wisky somewhere along the way in March.

To many Wisky fans are riding that Florida win, but won't give any credit to the fact we were missing our star playerS (yes plural).

We had a true freshman along with Devon Walker running point (and walker is a small forward / shooting guard who plays maybe 10 mins a game otherwise). We had Eli Carter and Dillon Graham on the court and they haven't played since! We also had our team manager who was awarded a scholarship (a la Rudy) playing a lot that game and he rarely sees time outside the last 60 secs of a blowout. Hell, Billy Donovan Jr. even got some run... and we know why he is on the team (again, never sees the court until the final 60 secs of a blowout).

Missing Scottie Wilbekin (arguable one of the best college PGs in America), Finney Smith (one of the best 6th men in America), Chris Walker, etc.

And now that discussions about March seeding are being discussed on TV, it is a factor.

Keep in mind this SAME Florida team when healthy is not only undefeated but handed Wisky one of their worst losses ever last year. And yes, last year doesn't mean much for this year... but when the faces are the same there is some relevance.

So, enough trash talk.. just pray that we get a re-match in March with a full team.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm with you here, but it doesn't seem to be playing out that way. Keep on winning and Wisconsin may just earn them a one seed. The way they are playing, that's not out of the question.

But the attitude in the post. F'n A. March is coming! Time to crank it up. And no use talking shit to coppin state. Go after a big dog. :boss:

Jim Rome is Flaming

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To many Wisky fans are riding that Florida win, but won't give any credit to the fact we were missing our star playerS (yes plural).

We had a true freshman along with Devon Walker running point (and walker is a small forward / shooting guard who plays maybe 10 mins a game otherwise). We had Eli Carter and Dillon Graham on the court and they haven't played since! We also had our team manager who was awarded a scholarship (a la Rudy) playing a lot that game and he rarely sees time outside the last 60 secs of a blowout. Hell, Billy Donovan Jr. even got some run... and we know why he is on the team (again, never sees the court until the final 60 secs of a blowout).

Missing Scottie Wilbekin (arguable one of the best college PGs in America), Finney Smith (one of the best 6th men in America), Chris Walker, etc.

And now that discussions about March seeding are being discussed on TV, it is a factor.

Keep in mind this SAME Florida team when healthy is not only undefeated but handed Wisky one of their worst losses ever last year. And yes, last year doesn't mean much for this year... but when the faces are the same there is some relevance.

So, enough trash talk.. just pray that we get a re-match in March with a full team.

I'm not riding a Florida win. I've been including them in the list of impressive Wisconsin wins because, even without Wilbekin, Finnley-Smith and Walker, Florida is still a damn good team. No I don't think Wisconsin would beat Florida head to head with their current lineup, but I'd take my chances against anybody but Florida and Arizona.

Last year is irrelevant. This year's Wisconsin would destroy (yes, destroy) last year's team.

As far as a March matchup, I doubt it happens unless it's a Final Four matchup. My guess is Wisconsin is a 2 and gets matched up with Arizona as their 1.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not riding a Florida win. I've been including them in the list of impressive Wisconsin wins because, even without Wilbekin, Finnley-Smith and Walker, Florida is still a damn good team. No I don't think Wisconsin would beat Florida head to head with their current lineup, but I'd take my chances against anybody but Florida and Arizona.

Last year is irrelevant. This year's Wisconsin would destroy (yes, destroy) last year's team.

As far as a March matchup, I doubt it happens unless it's a Final Four matchup. My guess is Wisconsin is a 2 and gets matched up with Arizona as their 1.

I'd be ok with this. But I am fucking PRAYING we get Creighton as our 2 seed. It would mean if we made it to the Elite 8 we wouldn't be playing the 2 seed to go to the final four