• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AP poll is out

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
stepbrothers-yep-gif.gif

z-lol-nope.gif

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...drop Lupo from the ranks of "objective."

Ellupo can be objective... you just have to read between the lines. But he is a Florida hater... through and through... I accepted that long ago!

I didn't say I did you tards. :rollseyes: I head other "experts" say they thought Toledo would win. I thought they would do better but not win.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say I did you tards. :rollseyes: I head other "experts" say they thought Toledo would win. I thought they would do better but not win.

heh heh heh!

I "hear" you...

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, this thread went supergay, right about the time the LSU and Bama fans showed up.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dahell did Fresno do?

Beat another D-1-AA equivalent, at home, in DOT?

They don't play Michigan this year, do they?

So beating up Wofford is impressive to you and Rutgers is now a FCS school....:wtf2:

It took OT for Fresno State to beat Rutgers as it did VTech in their bowl game vs Rutgers... Albeit a new season, Rutgers isn't a cupcake and David Carr is a good college QB.

Dahell does any college team have to do to get a #25 ranking this early in the year except beat a decent opponent or fall from an overrated ranking.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So beating up Wofford is impressive to you and Rutgers is now a FCS school....:wtf2:

It took OT for Fresno State to beat Rutgers as it did VTech in their bowl game vs Rutgers... Albeit a new season, Rutgers isn't a cupcake and David Carr is a good college QB.

Dahell does any college team have to do to get a #25 ranking this early in the year except beat a decent opponent or fall from an overrated ranking.

Shit yeah, Wofford is better than Rutgers. But did anyone hear me say "Baylor deserves their rank?"

If you're expecting Fresno to be ranked at the end of the season, then maybe you should rank them this early. I wouldn't, and I don't think winning at home in 2OT against Rutgers is proving much.

I understand you might want to defend the Scarlet Knights a little, based on where they're headed next year. They simply play in a league this year that is not much better than the Sun Belt, they'll be middle of the pack in that conference, and they'll be at the bottom of the Big Ten next year.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit yeah, Wofford is better than Rutgers. But did anyone hear me say "Baylor deserves their rank?"

If you're expecting Fresno to be ranked at the end of the season, then maybe you should rank them this early. I wouldn't, and I don't think winning at home in 2OT against Rutgers is proving much.

I understand you might want to defend the Scarlet Knights a little, based on where they're headed next year. They simply play in a league this year that is not much better than the Sun Belt, they'll be middle of the pack in that conference, and they'll be at the bottom of the Big Ten next year.

Sounds like a bunch of hot air. I have Fresno State at #25 and no hidden agenda. Now since you didn't watch the game I'll have to correct you (I let it slide once). The game ended in OT, not 2OT.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew tOSU would get jumped...but not really worried Oregon will slip up somewhere, they always do :D

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like a bunch of hot air. I have Fresno State at #25 and no hidden agenda. Now since you didn't watch the game I'll have to correct you (I let it slide once). The game ended in OT, not 2OT.

You are magnanimous in defeat.
(that's a joke...)

Of course i didn't fucking watch the game. Who did besides Fresno and South Jersey, other than large chunks of the state of Michigan?

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are magnanimous in defeat.
(that's a joke...)

Of course i didn't fucking watch the game. Who did besides Fresno and South Jersey, other than large chunks of the state of Michigan?

I just don't see the point in breaking down your "argument" any further. It's obvious you didn't watch the game therefore nullifying your personal analysis of either Fresno State or Rutgers.

The forum and thread topic, however, would lead any rational person to believe that we are talking about the current, overall, top 25 teams in the FBS (not the preseason top 25, not who played the best football last week, and not who will make the EOY top 25). Now, does that mean the current top 25 won't have any value in next week's poll and so on, throughout the season? No, it will, but unless you want me to whip out my crystal balls and predict injuries, player development, coaching, officiating, Ws, Ls and every other variable to transpire this year, then I cannot tell you what the top 25 will look like come January.

For now though, I am good with Fresno State at 25.

And no, Wofford is not better than Rutgers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see the point in breaking down your "argument" any further. It's obvious you didn't watch the game therefore nullifying your personal analysis of either Fresno State or Rutgers.

Come on, Nightmare...You expect anyone to believe that YOU watched it?

Further from that, you expect anyone to believe that you watched more than 20 games, since that is the criteria you are placing in order for anyone to have a valid opinion about any teams that are ranked in the top 25? If you're going to hold to that standard, then nobody is qualified to rank most of the poll.

Did you...watch...20+ games? Then how are you making a poll, without some of it being opinions?

we are talking about the current, overall, top 25 teams in the FBS (not the preseason top 25, not who played the best football last week, and not who will make the EOY top 25).

You sure about that sentence? I'm not sure about that sentence. Seems like at least one contradiction involved.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20 looks perfection to me. I wouldn't want to hit the teens till we follow it up with more wins against quality opponents. Beautiful way to kick off the season.

Go Dawgs!!! :suds:

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on, Nightmare...You expect anyone to believe that YOU watched it?

Further from that, you expect anyone to believe that you watched more than 20 games, since that is the criteria you are placing in order for anyone to have a valid opinion about any teams that are ranked in the top 25? If you're going to hold to that standard, then nobody is qualified to rank most of the poll.

Did you...watch...20+ games? Then how are you making a poll, without some of it being opinions?

You sure about that sentence? I'm not sure about that sentence. Seems like at least one contradiction involved.

Why would you think I didn't watch the Rutgers-Fresno State game? Were you in my house over the weekend? Was that you poking his little head over my fence during our bbq? If you don't watch many college football games and would rather spend time watching the Mets lose, or whatever it is you do with yourself, enjoy it. I happen to watch a lot of college ball. Not always live, and much of it just from the snap to the whistle, but I watch a ton nonetheless. Is that unbelievable to you?

I didn't say one can't have a valid opinion based on what they've read or heard second hand, I said your own personal analysis was nullified because you didn't even have the facts of the game straight.

I should have clarified it for you. The top 25 rankings list will not be the exact rankings list at the end of the year as you see it today (never have the team rankings remained the same from week #1 polls to the EOY polls). I do expect most of those teams to be ranked but not necessarily in that order. Shit, it's not even the same as it was yesterday. How well each team plays, compounded by the aforementioned variables from my earlier post, will determine the end results. So one, two, maybe even ten teams in the current top 25 may not be there in January but that doesn't mean they don't belong right now. If you have a problem with early polls, jump aboard, most of us do. But if we're to create early polls, which we have, then we should be as knowledgeable and objective as possible. The same goes for any poll). Bias and agendas can be left at the door. Did I watch 60 college football games over the last 5 days? Nope. Did I at least gather accurate information and form unbiased opinions on each FBS team? Yes.

yourTEAMreallySUCKS

Sooner, Cock, Rise Up
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 Bama
2 Oregon
3 Ohio State
4 Clemson
5 Stanford