• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anything else you want to do Detroit to give the series to Boston?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit has done everything in their power to give this series away!!!!!!!!! Poor base running. Blown game by the bullpen. Can't hit with RISP. Can't get runners in from 3rd base MULTIPLE times with less than 2 outs. Players thrown out at home by 20 feet. Players picked off first base. Costly error after costly error.

Detroit is gift wrapping this series for Boston and it is a shame.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a guess you can put a breaking ball on a tee for victorino. LMAO. have to love veras. let's throw back to back to back breaking balls over the middle of the plate, when you have a mid-90's fastball.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit didn't deserve to win this series. They have no fundamentals what so ever and a bullpen that is an utter joke.

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That error was the kiss of death and everyone in the world knew it once it happened.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is a shame -- detroit's starting rotation is unbelievable, while the bullpen is unbelievably inconsistent. couple that with a knack for untimely errors and poor baserunning, it is just a recipe for disaster.

i actually don't mind leyland, but his handling of the bullpen has me at a loss for words. why bother bringing in smyly for him to throw 2 pitches.

i do know the Sox fans should give a big thank you to the umpire who called the 3-2 change up that was a blatant strike, a ball to get Max out of the game.

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is a shame -- detroit's starting rotation is unbelievable, while the bullpen is unbelievably inconsistent. couple that with a knack for untimely errors and poor baserunning, it is just a recipe for disaster.

i actually don't mind leyland, but his handling of the bullpen has me at a loss for words. why bother bringing in smyly for him to throw 2 pitches.

i do know the Sox fans should give a big thank you to the umpire who called the 3-2 change up that was a blatant strike, a ball to get Max out of the game.

:sadbron:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it isn't crying -- even the boston fans on the game blog on CBS admitted it was a gift call by the ump. it is part of the game. some go your way -- some don't.

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Tim McCarver just say the typing run at the plate?

:L

Time to retire Tim

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i can't even stomach listening to him announce the games. i put the TV on mute and listen on the radio.

congrats the red sox -- best of luck in the world series.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit didn't deserve to win this series. They have no fundamentals what so ever and a bullpen that is an utter joke.

finally, you get it, thank you.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it isn't crying -- even the boston fans on the game blog on CBS admitted it was a gift call by the ump. it is part of the game. some go your way -- some don't.

So why complain about it Umps have been awful whole series for both teams

Sox were the better team best record in AL Tigers have better SP and nothing else:suds:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's hope the Boston "God we want to be the Yankees SO fucking bad, but we never will be" Red Sox don't bitch at the umps after ever pitch vs. the Cardinals like they did in this series. Once they figured out they actually were gonna have to play to win this series, and not have it handed to them on a silver platter out of sheer entitlement, they got their shit together. No crying in baseball.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So why complain about it Umps have been awful whole series for both teams

I only mentioned it because it changed the complex of the entire game. Instead of a strikeout and 2 outs, it was 1st and 2nd with 1 out and Scherzer was taken out of the game.

I could see if the pitch was on the black or it was borderline, but that was a blatant strike. As I said -- even the Bosox faithful readily admitted it, which you NEVER see happen on these game blogs.

In the end though -- I agree with you -- Boston was the better team. Detroit shot themselves in the foot way too many times to try and beat a quality team like Boston. You can't make as many mistakes as Detroit both on the base paths and in the field and expect to win.

Congrats to the Red Sox -- I wish you guys the best of luck and win the World Series for the American League!!!

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the complexity of the game was also changed for many other reasons, fielding, pitching, running, hitting all of which had more influence in the game than umps.

Tigertowner68

Church of Baseball member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit has done everything in their power to give this series away!!!!!!!!! Poor base running. Blown game by the bullpen. Can't hit with RISP. Can't get runners in from 3rd base MULTIPLE times with less than 2 outs. Players thrown out at home by 20 feet. Players picked off first base. Costly error after costly error.

Anything else Detroit could have done to give this series to Boston?

No.

Tigertowner68

Church of Baseball member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sure miss playing NY

:lol:

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As fun as each game was to watch, I agree it was sloppy all around... The team with less mistakes won, I guess...

I wonder if the series would have even gone back to Boston, if Pedroia hadn't booted the double play ball that lead to four additional Tiger runs in the 2nd inning of game 4...