• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

anyone over it yet?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's cool. Most people think I'm bandwagoner when I tell them the teams I support.

I was born in London and when I moved to the States(FL) in 94 I was 8 years old. The Magic were always on tv b/c of local broadcasting so I got hooked to that team pretty quickly.

Pretty much the same goes with the Niners and Yanks. They were always on tv, b/c they were a good team. Naturally, I didn't know that b/c I was 8-10 years old. I actually almost became a Cubs fan b/c I remember watching a lot of their games on WGN. Since then, I have been a loyal fan to all three teams. Also, I don't chase players to other teams. I'm actually not a big fan of people who cheer for players over teams( ie kobe, lebron, melo,fuck dwight, etc.). I'm waiting to see who the real Laker fans are once Kobe retires.

It's really that simple. I have followed all 3 teams through thick and thin. Cheering for the Yankees has obviously been the easiest during last 15 years or so, but I enjoy all my teams even during the rebuilding years. Going through it right now(again) with the Magic.

You're kinda like my friend who moved to the U.S. from France when he was about 10 years old. He is a fan of the Redskins, the Knicks, and the San Francisco Giants.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I havent watched any sports since the super bowl or Chronicle Live, this sucks. I feel like someone died

I go to the gym daily, when I am on the treadmill warming up and I look up the TV screen and see highlights or commercials of the Ravens beating us, I end up getting off the treadmill real fast to avoid watching it. The night of was the worse, I had a restless night.

That one hurts, not sure how long it will take me to really get over it.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm astounded by the fact that even though Kaep had multiple delay of game problems in previous weeks, he didn't fix them. He cost the team a time out & 40 seconds.

And not throwing the ball away near the sideline was inexcuseable.

I share your frustration with Colin's lingering deficiency with his internal game clock; however, a time out AND 40 seconds in this case are one in the same and Kaepernick cost us neither - Kaepernick [would have] cost us 5 yards; Harbaugh took the timeout.

The question for high strategists to debate now is, was it the right call to take the time out or would it have been better to take the 5 yards? Statistically, the timeout was the right call - but what about strategically?

As for NOT throwing the ball away at the sideline being inexcusable - nothing could be further from the truth. He extended the play as long as he possibly could, then took a zero yard sack - what on earth is inexcusable about that?

Edit: Am I over it yet? - No, not until next season begins and I get used to being labeled, for the first time, Defending NFC Champions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should have used the final timeout on 4th down when he saw their blitz. Regroup and get a better play called on the next attempt. Once I saw the amount of guys they were bringing on the left I knew he wasn't gonna have any time to throw. He should have burned the timeout.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should have used the final timeout on 4th down when he saw their blitz. Regroup and get a better play called on the next attempt. Once I saw the amount of guys they were bringing on the left I knew he wasn't gonna have any time to throw. He should have burned the timeout.

He's young yet; he'll get there.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I never lost fights.

:llama:

I lost 2 fights, the first one I picked up a rock and busted the kid's head. The second one, there weren't any rocks on the floor so I grabbed him and bit him in the head. I fought a lot as a kid all the way through h.s. Those two losses made me a better fighter over the years.

As a matter of fact, this is the guy I lost to (in the hood we called him "Skillz". His real name is Rashid):
http://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/bouts/ces-14-dave-batista-vs-rashid-smash-evans

We fought again when I was in the 7th grade, and I beat his a$$. He had the first black eye ever in his life at that time.

Last edited by a moderator:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lost 2 fights, the first one I picked up a rock and busted the kid's head. The second one, there weren't any rocks on the floor so I grabbed him and bit him in the head. I fought a lot as a kid all the way through h.s. Those two losses made me a better fighter over the years.

As a matter of fact, this is the guy I lost to (in the hood we called him "Skillz". His real name is Rashid):
Dave Bautista vs. Rashid Evans, CES 13 | Tapology

We fought again when I was in the 7th grade, and I beat his a$$. He had the first black eye ever in his life at that time.

You sound like a real dick.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not me.

Thinking about it every day.

To vent I started a new season in Madden 13 with Kaep at QB and beating the shit out of every team so far in the regular season on All-Madden setting... and when I get inside the 10 yard line it's 3 straight runs out of a heavy formation which usually leads to a Gore or James TD almost every time. :-) I'm getting Gore and James about 20-25 rushes a game each.

have you played the Ravens yet? cause Ray Ray is going to knock the snot out of Kaepernick when you do :D

i kid, i kid....well fought game the 9ers had

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No. Haunts my dreams. I'll never not feel swindled.

Who's the thief? Fangio? The ref is one for sure, but Fangio has to be the other one as well, for allowing Culliver to play that long and trust him that much in one-on-one coverage.

TheNinerMind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well, I'll throw Harbaugh and Kaepernick in there too. Harbaugh for not calling Gores number late. Kaepernick for audibling to a fade route on 4th down. FADES DONT WORK. EVER.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well, I'll throw Harbaugh and Kaepernick in there too. Harbaugh for not calling Gores number late. Kaepernick for audibling to a fade route on 4th down. FADES DONT WORK. EVER.

Yeah, I agree that was a major :wtf2:

Also, I somewhat agree with your views on the fade. Not because it doesn't work, but simply because we don't have the personnel to run it efficiently. That's a patter for someone (WR) 6'2 and above.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I
The question for high strategists to debate now is, was it the right call to take the time out or would it have been better to take the 5 yards? Statistically, the timeout was the right call - but what about strategically?

I was having a thought similar to this. Would it have been better to kick the FG and then go for an onsides? I think with the low success for onsides kicks, I'd still rather go for the TD; but with limited TO's and within 5 points...two FG's would win it. For discussion's sake...take Akers' shakiness out of it for a moment.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly, Ray_Dogg that would have been a bad idea. Their blitz wasn't the problem - our protection was; and not from a man-on strategy but from a gap assignment strategy.

They rushed six with one in rush-to-cover and we had six in + Kap. What Kap needed to do or what Gore needed to realize was once Lewis came to the line that gave the Ravens an odd man advantage on the weak side.

Gore should have been re-assigned to the left side of the line. Instead, at the snap Gore leaped to his right leaving Ellerbe to come through the Left B-Gap untouched.

So, yeah, their blitz was not at all the problem even with their disguise - our protection scheme is what broke down on the final play. But that was only one of a few bad decisions/mistakes on that and the other three plays. IMO.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This still is and will piss me off forever!

He has been our workhorse all year, heck all career. I just dont see how he didnt get the ball at all. Has gore been interviewed after the game? I know he is a big team guy, but he had to be pissed.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was having a thought similar to this. Would it have been better to kick the FG and then go for an onsides? I think with the low success for onsides kicks, I'd still rather go for the TD; but with limited TO's and within 5 points...two FG's would win it. For discussion's sake...take Akers' shakiness out of it for a moment.

The FG idea, that is another interesting idea I hadn't considered. For me, it was six or nothing on that drive.

Strategically, I am leaning toward not calling the timeout, taking the 5-yard penalty and taking two shots from the 10. We were calling pass plays anyway so the extra 5 yards for the receivers combined with Kaps arm and accuracy might have been an unrealized advantage to our offense.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, I think the odds of scoring a TD there are much higher than the odds of recovering an onside kick.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The FG idea, that is another interesting idea I hadn't considered. For me, it was six or nothing on that drive.

Strategically, I am leaning toward not calling the timeout, taking the 5-yard penalty and taking two shots from the 10. We were calling pass plays anyway so the extra 5 yards for the receivers combined with Kaps arm and accuracy might have been an unrealized advantage to our offense.

Yeah, when that happened, I was sayiing why take the timeout there. We needed to keep the tiimeout. IMO, losing 5 yards there would've been nothing compared to losing 40 seconds of game time. And as you said, moving it back to the 10 would've given the receivers extra room to work.

mufasa76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
after watching the game a few times i am still not over it, i thought watching will make me heal faster. But, one thing that makes me smile is that our future is bright, very bright so lets embrace that and move on. We will have a sweet draft class and we will continue to kick ass maybe even better than this past season....

i am getting pumped...Go 9ERS!!!!!!!!

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I share your frustration with Colin's lingering deficiency with his internal game clock; however, a time out AND 40 seconds in this case are one in the same and Kaepernick cost us neither - Kaepernick [would have] cost us 5 yards; Harbaugh took the timeout.

As for NOT throwing the ball away at the sideline being inexcusable - nothing could be further from the truth. He extended the play as long as he possibly could, then took a zero yard sack - what on earth is inexcusable about that?

Edit: Am I over it yet? - No, not until next season begins and I get used to being labeled, for the first time, Defending NFC Champions.

You know you have a good point. Kaep's biggest weakness is probably really short throw accuracy under heavy pressure. Maybe taking the penalty and backing him up to the 10 yard line from the 5 would have given him some more breathing space. Fade routes to the corner to Crabs is not a high percentage call for this offense IMHO. Kaep doesn't have the best touch on those passes and Crabs is not the best receiver for those passes.