• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone hear about the trashed combine hotel room?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I never heard about this. Good to hear my guy Mark Harrision isn't responsible. But Hopkins?

NFL Two trash hotel room at combine - ESPN
A trashed hotel room at the Indianapolis scouting combine belonged to Clemson wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins and Rutgers wide receiver Mark Harrison, according to league sources.

Recently, Yahoo! reported that a room shared by two players was left in bad condition, but did not identify who the room belonged to. It was learned this week, through multiple sources, that the room belonged to Hopkins and Harrison.

However, NFL sources are convinced that Harrison was not responsible for the trashed room.
Inside the room, urine and feces were around the bathroom, toothpaste was left on the mirror and partially-eaten food was left on one of the beds. Neither player made any attempt to clean up the mess that was created, according to witnesses. Nor has either player has taken responsibility for the room. But the NFL community is now well aware of the players whose room it was.

One NFL coach expressed disappointment to hear that Hopkins, who is regarded as a potential second-round pick, was one of the rooms' inhabitants.

What makes the action especially disappointing to NFL teams is that National Football Scouting president Jeff Foster warns each player at the start of the combine that all eyes will be on them and they will be evaluated from the moment they arrive in Indianapolis until the moment they leave it.

As it turned out, Hopkins' and Harrison's room was on the first floor of the Crowne Plaza hotel where players stay and teams conduct interviews. At the end of the combine, some scouts took pictures of the room because of the condition it was left in. Teams have inquired more and more about which players stayed in the room, and they have learned it was Hopkins and Harrison.

Hopkins' agent, Hadley Engelhard, did not return calls seeking comment. Harrison's agent, Ed Wasielewski, could not be reached for comment.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@RapSheet: Hadley Engelhard, agent for Hopkins, tells me: "DeAndre had as much to do with it as you did." Said Hopkins checked out 6 hours before any1

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@AdamSchefter: NFL sources said they are convinced that Rutgers wide receiver Mark Harrison is not responsible for the trashed hotel room.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, that just doesn't sound like something Nuk would do according to what we knew of him from his college career. The guy kept his nose clean and worked hard. He was never in any trouble. I hope it wasn't him and there is some mix up. But if it is him , it just goes to show that no matter how much you read about these guys, you can never predict their behavior or know their true self.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was probably a friend or another player pulling a prank.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wow - What a freakin idiot. Unless it is the best practical joke ever by another WR to leapfog.

If they do pin this shit (pun intended) on Hopkins I wouldn't even consider picking him with either of those first two picks and probably not even the late second. I mean you have to be a clueless blithering moron to leave that mess at the combine when millions of dollars are at stake and all eyes are on you. What will he do with his first paycheck? That's when the shit will really hit the fan.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Stupid but wouldn't be a deal breaker for me on these guys because I think you run the risk of over analyzing things.

If they were upstanding citizens their entire lives you can't one act of stupidity wipe that away. They're young and sometimes even smart good kids do dumb things from time to time.

Also you don't really know the circumstances around it either. Some kids grow up with slobs as parents and they themselves become slobs or they could've had a lot of other people in and out of their room that left and contributed to the mess.

dacey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An amazing story. Those players have some explaining to do Of all the many players at the combine only two created a problem and they roomed together.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Another non story. It's disgusting but no way a team would put this issue as part of the evaluation process (determining factor when selecting one player over another in which you had given the same draft grade to).

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
If Hopkins wasn't involved, then it's a non-story. If he were involved, that would relaly give me pause; someone with that little respect doesn't exactly scream model citizen.

So the verdict is nobody knows who did it I guess?

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh jeez. These guys must be running out of things to talk about. This is a non-story if I've ever seen one. College kids are gross, messy slobs! Any dorm that I've ever been in with a community bathroom, I've seen this type of stuff. And food on the beds? I've seen dorm rooms with half eaten sandwiches that have been sitting there so long that it had stuff growing on it. This is just how college guys are sometimes, they are gross and messy and don't clean up after themselves.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Oh jeez. These guys must be running out of things to talk about. This is a non-story if I've ever seen one. College kids are gross, messy slobs! Any dorm that I've ever been in with a community bathroom, I've seen this type of stuff. And food on the beds? I've seen dorm rooms with half eaten sandwiches that have been sitting there so long that it had stuff growing on it. This is just how college guys are sometimes, they are gross and messy and don't clean up after themselves.

Yeah, but piss & feces smeared around on purpose? That's a little more than just being a slob.

But it looks like someone was playing a prank on 'em.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but piss & feces smeared around on purpose? That's a little more than just being a slob.

But it looks like someone was playing a prank on 'em.

The story said that urine and feces were around the bathroom, I don't recall seeing that it was smeared or on purpose but I'll have to read it again. It could have meant that there some some of the toilet or next to the TP roll or something, I'm not sure, I didn't see the room. It could be a prank, I'm just saying it isn't something I would need to make a big deal about even if it wasn't. I imagine these guys don't do too much cleaning as it is.

I remember when I was in college these drunk dudes would get crap and pee everywhere and vomit too for that matter. Would clean up any of it.

EaseUrStorm

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

It would be cool to see a picture because it would tell you everything. What was described could be one way or a complete other if you catch my drift. I have a real biased picture in my head of a trashed hotel room because I experienced a real hotel thrashing by 20 drunk idiots in my college days. So for instance if a full beer happened to accidentally be launched into a mirror and shattered the damn thing, and say beer cans were sprayed out everywhere, and some drunk idiot pissed in the wrong place so the maid had to clean it up TRASHED - well that would be a red flag.

What one of these knuckleheads did could have been similar, it could have been some military ass GM making a big deal about a floater and a few crumbs on the bed. All I'm saying is if the place was really trashed, it would be really hard to explain given this is basically a final interview for a multi million dollar job.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An amazing story. Those players have some explaining to do Of all the many players at the combine only two created a problem and they roomed together.

Well, if it happened in any room, it would involve two players. One or both of them may be guilty or innocent. So it really is, of all the many players and rooms, only one got trashed. If it were either of those two players, they got to know their name is known. If someone else trashed it, I feel bad for them, but I guess they have to address it with the league, teams, or media or let it go. Not sure if anyone would do anything but deny it, regardless of guilt.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It would be cool to see a picture because it would tell you everything. What was described could be one way or a complete other if you catch my drift. I have a real biased picture in my head of a trashed hotel room because I experienced a real hotel thrashing by 20 drunk idiots in my college days. So for instance if a full beer happened to accidentally be launched into a mirror and shattered the damn thing, and say beer cans were sprayed out everywhere, and some drunk idiot pissed in the wrong place so the maid had to clean it up TRASHED - well that would be a red flag.

What one of these knuckleheads did could have been similar, it could have been some military ass GM making a big deal about a floater and a few crumbs on the bed. All I'm saying is if the place was really trashed, it would be really hard to explain given this is basically a final interview for a multi million dollar job.

HAHHAHA

EaseUrStorm

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah it has all the signs I'd look for if I were trying to find him - maybe he was there to interview them for his personal assistant "job."

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd still draft Hopkins in the first round. I'm not going to skip over him if I have any reason to believe he might not have been involved.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If this pushed Hopkins down into the late-second, I'd think he'd demand strong consideration.