• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone get a chance to catch NFL Films Presents: Superbowl 48 Recap

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got so emotional watching it just now

For those that aren't familiar with NFL Films Presents, they're the ones that recap all the Superbowl games with the epic deep voice narration, player sounds mic'd up, and classic NFL Films music.

I don't know about you guys but I grew up watching all of these classic Superbowl recaps showing Elway winning it, Favre winning it, the Rams-Titans game with Kevin Dyson laid stretched out one yard shy of tying the game, the Montana superbowls, the Dallas superbowls...each time I watched them I just dreamt that one day it'll be the Seahawks

And being able to watch it just now just made my entire year all over again. Felt like we just won the Superbowl again.

I remember a few years ago I finally mustered up the courage to watch the NFL Films Presents for Superbowl 40 and my one take away was Steve Raible's lone "Touchdown SEAHAWKS" call. You can hear the desperation behind his call almost like he's trying to inject as much passion into the call as possible to somehow push the team forward to the win (but to no avail)

Listening to that call compared to his touchdown calls in this year's game where he's fully energized and filled with enthusiasm...not only that but we got to hear FIVE "Touchdown SEAAAAHAWWWKS" was simply amazing

This has been a crazy past couple weeks. The build up to the Superbowl, the Superbowl win, the mayhem downtown that ensued after that, the parade, the after party getting to meet Earl Thomas and Kam Chancellor, watching ESPN analyst have to eat crow and finally talk good about the Seahawks...can't ask for anything better fellas

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL films does such a great job with those.

When it comes to dramatic music and narration they pour it on pretty thick! They make it seem like you're watching a WWII documentary or something.

I haven't seen them give our SB the treatment yet but I'm sure it's great.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Can we score more points?"

It makes you wonder if Marshawn is harboring some ill feelings towards PC's defensive philosophy. I know he is happy with winning, but the middle finger earlier in the year and this moment seem like Marshawn feels PC/Bevell are intentionally holding him back. I doubt they are, but that is the impression I get.

Curious if he gets traded to Oakland after next season for some draft picks if Turbin and Michael show more improvement.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched it and enjoyed it a lot. It's my favorite NFL Films presentation ever, for obvious reasons.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Can we score more points?"

It makes you wonder if Marshawn is harboring some ill feelings towards PC's defensive philosophy. I know he is happy with winning, but the middle finger earlier in the year and this moment seem like Marshawn feels PC/Bevell are intentionally holding him back. I doubt they are, but that is the impression I get.

Curious if he gets traded to Oakland after next season for some draft picks if Turbin and Michael show more improvement.

I didn't get that impression with this particular quote and I'm not sure why Lynch would be unhappy with the philosophy, either on defense or offense. Yes, there were a few games where it seemed like Bevell forgot that he had Lynch for the redzone/goal line plays (hence the middle finger), but it isn't like Lynch hardly ever carried the ball or scored points. He had the second most carries in the league and the most rushing touchdowns in the league. It'd be very hard for him to make the case that he's underused. He was held in check in the Super Bowl aside from his touchdown run, but I think that had more to do with Denver's defensive approach in the game than anything we did on offense or defense. The Broncos clearly didn't want Lynch to beat them, so they focused a lot of their attention defensively on making sure he didn't.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still love Sherman all throughout the game, but always chuckle when I hear his "Lord have mercy, it's Percy".

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still love Sherman all throughout the game, but always chuckle when I hear his "Lord have mercy, it's Percy".

I loved it when he went right up to Welker after Kam broke off a pass and literally broke Welker off too and said "don't you ever say you wanna take one on ones with us!"

And on the sidelines when he said something along the lines of "he's throwing to us cause we're the only ones open out there. He hit you right on the numbers Kam. Good catch!"

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't get that impression with this particular quote and I'm not sure why Lynch would be unhappy with the philosophy, either on defense or offense. Yes, there were a few games where it seemed like Bevell forgot that he had Lynch for the redzone/goal line plays (hence the middle finger), but it isn't like Lynch hardly ever carried the ball or scored points. He had the second most carries in the league and the most rushing touchdowns in the league. It'd be very hard for him to make the case that he's underused. He was held in check in the Super Bowl aside from his touchdown run, but I think that had more to do with Denver's defensive approach in the game than anything we did on offense or defense. The Broncos clearly didn't want Lynch to beat them, so they focused a lot of their attention defensively on making sure he didn't.

Yeah I didn't take that from Marshawn's comments at all. I think that was just essentially Marshawn being Marshawn (The new Manny being Manny lol)