• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

anyone else think puig is a POS?

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm tired of hearing how he's "just being himself" or that it's not his fault he's so energetic. that monster bat flip and stare down of a non homer last night, and then celebration while pulling up to 3rd, and then celebration after getting there was ridiculous.

if i was a pitcher, i'd spend the rest of my career celebrating like a mad man every single freakin' time i got him out. line drive, strikeout, grounder, whatever. i'd flip my glove high in the air, scream, smile and point. every. single. time.

it's a lock next year that he gets drilled and charges the mound.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's still new to professional baseball having defected from Cuba in 2012. Obviously he has a little to learn about sports etiquette. So he should get a pass for now.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Needs to grow up even with his fake birth certificate.

Caligula

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He's a tard, like most athletes.

I don't think he is a piece of shit, though.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Puig is a little over-exuberant, but I think baseball players in general make too big of a deal over this sort of thing. Is it really that offensive that he deserves to be beaned, as many have called for? I don't think so. He's stupid for celebrating a home run that didn't happen, but that hurts the Dodgers, not the Cards. If you're Beltran, just let him keep making mistakes instead of trying to educate him. It's not Beltran's job to teach Puig.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I myself can't stand it. I hate hot dog stuff like that. If it was just the one incident fine but it has been continual with him. And I throw the argument that he is some poor sheltered rookie out of Cuba so he doesn't know any better.

Screw that. That's where the so-called "leaders" of the Dodgers should take him aside and tell him to knock that stuff off.

That being said though....I agree with WestCoast - I would love to have him on the Phillies. He is a tremendous talent.

:2cents:

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Phillies, who need all the help they can get, and every other team in MLB, would take Puig in a heart beat. Sure, he's unconventional, but he's a helluva player and brings excitement to a game that can be pretty tedious at times.

Puig will be a Dodger for another five years. That's five more years of tedium in Philadelphia.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone who has played sports before at any level knows this is not the way to act. as snowdog mentioned, this is continual. it's not one time. and as the douchy post above me states, for the billionth fucking time, "excitement." it's not excitement when you wildly celebrate, show off and irritate the other team. as if he's the only fucker in any sport that gets excited and loves to play.

it's a pitiful excuse for someone who loves to show off (again, the monster bat flip and stare on a ball that wasn't even a damn homer.) thankfully, turds like this are usually flushed down the toilet eventually. either a pitcher will rip one in his earhole, the team will get tired of his attitude and kick him while he's down or he'll just fade off for some other reason. see another cuban in yunel escobar and how he derailed a chance for a very strong career.

and i'll take the 'boredom' of the phils, with their recent championship and NL pennant over a team that once again is getting bounced before the big show.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see the games so I can't comment on Puig but it is interesting that in football they actually have rules against excessive celebration and you see way more people acting goofy in that sport. At least baseball players don't leap into the stands every time they hit a homerun. A lot of times the guys that are so into baseball's unwritten rules look kind of ridiculous to me. For example, McCann blocking home plate, that pitcher on Oakland that got all bent out of shape because Rodriguez ran over part of the mound on his way to the dugout, or Cole Hamels and whatever his bizarre reasoning was for hitting Bryce Harper.

Caligula

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'd love to have that piece of shit on the phillies! Yeah he needs to learn how things are done in the MLB. Beltran called him out.

I don't get the people that hate Puig and Harper. If you hated every player that might be a douche, you'd be able to cheer for maybe five players in the entire league.

Caligula

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
anyone who has played sports before at any level knows this is not the way to act. as snowdog mentioned, this is continual. it's not one time. and as the douchy post above me states, for the billionth fucking time, "excitement." it's not excitement when you wildly celebrate, show off and irritate the other team. as if he's the only fucker in any sport that gets excited and loves to play.

it's a pitiful excuse for someone who loves to show off (again, the monster bat flip and stare on a ball that wasn't even a damn homer.) thankfully, turds like this are usually flushed down the toilet eventually. either a pitcher will rip one in his earhole, the team will get tired of his attitude and kick him while he's down or he'll just fade off for some other reason. see another cuban in yunel escobar and how he derailed a chance for a very strong career.

and i'll take the 'boredom' of the phils, with their recent championship and NL pennant over a team that once again is getting bounced before the big show.

We had Delmon Young on the Phillies this year. HE THREW A BAT AT AN UMP.

Puig paid for the celebration. If he had run out of the box and ran hard the entire time he would have had an in the park homer.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reggie White once said that players should act like they have been in the endzone before and in all aspects of the game carry themselves with dignity and respect. In Puig's case, being from Cuba, he probably has never experienced the excitement of the big show and all of its trimmings on this level and thus does not know about the traditions of baseball or its professionalism dictate allowing his exuberation to run wild.

However, other players not from Cuba are just as bad and I think all of the traditions and respect for the game went down the krapper when steroids and PED's calamity showed up and Bud Selig as the commish and owner allowed baseball to degrade to the point (like other sports) where players can do just about anything they want and get paid gobs of money to do it or so it seems.

I suppose ole Bud Boy could do like the NFL and fine the dude for excessive celebration but then there would be a lot of pissing going on if he did.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He sure has been acting like one so far. I give him a pass for his celebratory antics in the playoffs since it is the playoffs after all. I just hope he can come back next year and take it down a notch. It has already gotten old.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see the games so I can't comment on Puig but it is interesting that in football they actually have rules against excessive celebration and you see way more people acting goofy in that sport. At least baseball players don't leap into the stands every time they hit a homerun. A lot of times the guys that are so into baseball's unwritten rules look kind of ridiculous to me. For example, McCann blocking home plate, that pitcher on Oakland that got all bent out of shape because Rodriguez ran over part of the mound on his way to the dugout, or Cole Hamels and whatever his bizarre reasoning was for hitting Bryce Harper.

some of the unwritten rules are idiotic, but that's what makes baseball, baseball. these other sports already have their established actions as well. and the big key is, they are dead time reactions.

soccer with it's corner goal celebration. football, basketball and hockey after the whistle. no one is going to get a huge hit at center ice and then start fist pumping the crowd. no one is going to make a great sliding tackle at midfield and then start clapping and staring down their opponent.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the people that hate Puig and Harper. If you hated every player that might be a douche, you'd be able to cheer for maybe five players in the entire league.

i don't hate harper or anyone else. i don't even hate puig. he's just an arrogant tool and acting like a piece of shit. it's on a consistent basis.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had Delmon Young on the Phillies this year. HE THREW A BAT AT AN UMP.

Puig paid for the celebration. If he had run out of the box and ran hard the entire time he would have had an in the park homer.

and delmon young is a piece of shit. that didn't change because he put on a phils uniform.