• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anybody Know When the Trade Deadline Is?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's still pretty early but I think we've had enough of a sample size to go on so far. I still want another goal scorer. Assuming there are no injuries that require us to fill a void in the lineup, are there any changes we need to make?

Bottom 2 lines should be solid, second line of Elias-Truth Clarkson should be alright as well but I still am not sold on the top line. Kovy and Zajac need a higher calibre player with them. Are Poni or Matteau the answer on that line? If Zubrus comes back are we set with him there?

I would still like to make a play for a guy like Ales Hemsky. I think we could make a pretty decent package for Edmonton. Thoughts?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hensky does have a high price tag think 4+ million.

I really dont see Lou making another move. I do agree with need more scoring...its such a fucking shame that tedenby or jj couldn't produce. That would solve all the probpems right there.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, just looked it up. $5 million and it expires this year.

I have a feeling we don't make a move. Maybe if Zubrus comes back we'll be alright but I'm not sure I'm comfortable with either Matteau or Poni on the top line going into the playoffs.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i dont really feel well with it either. i know we went to the finals last year but lets face it we had some luck in our playoff matchups.

the panthers and their 1st playoff trip in 10 years...it still took us double overtime game 7 to advance.

then the flyers who come off their insane series against the pens which was their stanley cup.

then we get the rangers who we always play though...rangers coming off 2 hard fought shot blocked 7 game series with the sens and caps.

lets also not forget the perfect placement in the standings. we couldve played the pens or flyers in the 1st round....also the caps beating the bruins in game 7 was HUGE!

it does worry me when reading today the idea of the pens or bruins adding alfredson to to their lineups. i dont think this team was loaded with talent last year WITH parise. let alone this year with the exact same lineup MINUS him

Last edited by a moderator:

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i know i got away from the thread but wanted to add

i really do believe if the devils got the caps in the ECF they would've probably dispatched them in 5 games and easily wouldve won the cup IMO. the rangers series was too emotional and too much of a hangover...see the flyers/pens series for evidence