• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anybody else think this is Gore's last season here?

Bracus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
To me it would make sense to go with Kendal Hunter next year just so they can use Jacobs/James more than this year.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You do realize that Jacobs' contract is only for 1 year and there is no guarantee that he will stay after the season

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it all really depends on if they believe Kendal can handle being the "every" down back. He's made strides with his pass blocking but Gore is far superior in that aspect. They really have to like what they see in James in order for them to be comfortable to let go of Gore. Frank has shown he's still got a bit of explosiveness left and is being very efficient with his runs.

Me personally, I really have to see what Gore Looks like in weeks 13-16 to make a solid decision on whether or not I'd let him go.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought hasn't come across my mind.

Even after reading the title of the thread. It still doesn't cross paths. Gore will keep running til Gore says he's done and the franchise, IMO, will love to have him. Especially if we're deploying the RB system we're running now(dual and maybe a 3rd with LMJ)

Do I feel Hunter is an every down back? nope. Do I feel he's a great change of pace back? Yep. Would I be worried if Gore goes down, if Hunter can shoulder the load? Nope, a little contradicting but I wouldn't be worried but at the same time, not yet ready to put more faith in him as our starting back(if Gore retires/cut/w.e.)

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wouldn't wanna go with hunter jacobs and james as our 3. we need to look for a replacement for gore.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may have 1 year left. It's hard to say right now because he's been holding up well so far. At some point within the next 2 years it will become the hunter/James show. Is it worth cutting Gore next year to keep Goldson?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depending on if if we draft a RB, and which RB, in 2013 - I wouldn't mind letting Gore and Jacobs walk. That's IF we draft a RB, though.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depending on if if we draft a RB, and which RB, in 2013 - I wouldn't mind letting Gore and Jacobs walk. That's IF we draft a RB, though.

So you don't have confidence in James and Hunter? I'm a big fan of Lattimore and ELlington, but they should both be gone by the time we pick.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may have 1 year left. It's hard to say right now because he's been holding up well so far. At some point within the next 2 years it will become the hunter/James show. Is it worth cutting Gore next year to keep Goldson?

HELL NO! call me a fool, but what Gore has done for the Niners and the offense is way more than what Goldson has done thus far. If Gore ain't running, he's picking up the blitz and helping the OL/Alex get the ball off. Guy doesn't go down either, he's a really good RB, under the radar being in SF during all those poor seasons.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Any RB or a specific RB?

I mean it's Lattimore for me IF Gore had to be cut(which I'm not for anyways)

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now - no

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HELL NO! call me a fool, but what Gore has done for the Niners and the offense is way more than what Goldson has done thus far. If Gore ain't running, he's picking up the blitz and helping the OL/Alex get the ball off. Guy doesn't go down either, he's a really good RB, under the radar being in SF during all those poor seasons.

The drop off from Gore to Hunter/James is less to me than going from Goldson to Spillman. I love Gore, so don't get me wrong. I like the fact that we are using him less, but the dude is going to start declining any day now and it would be better to move on and not lose Goldson than to keep Gore and all of a sudden he's not the same guy.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that money matters but I also think the level of involvement Gore wants is a factor. Obviously, we can't pay him a lot over some younger guy on the team that we need and he can't take a roster spot in expense of someone who contributes more if he's just back there not playing. Another question would be, if the Niners say they can't keep him, where does he go and how much does he play elsewhere? If that is limited to as little as it would be here, he might just stay, for lower pay? This of course does not address the roster spots available, though.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You can't really evaluate it as a drop-off from Gore to Hunter/James vs. Goldson to Spillman.

You'd have to anticipate the replacements that will happen:

Goldson with Hunter/James and a fill in FA (upgrade over Jacobs etc.), or a rookie

vs.

Gore with a FA safety who's cheaper than Goldson, or a rookie

Spillman will definitely not just be handed that job if we can't sign Goldson. If he vacates, we probably go with a S in the first two rounds, and add another vet to the mix.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the feeling Gore will be here until his contract runs out, ignoring all unforeseen events such as injury or sudden retirement if he pulls a Barry Sanders.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you don't have confidence in James and Hunter? I'm a big fan of Lattimore and ELlington, but they should both be gone by the time we pick.

I have a lot of confidence in Hunter/James. I just don't think either of them can carry the load. Depending on which RB is available and IF we take him, then I wouldn't necessarily mind letting Gore walk after this year.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frank is 738 yards shy of becoming the 49ers All-Time Leading Rusher. He is on pace to break that 49-year old record by 12/9 vs. Miami. After which the next milestone is 10,000 yards. Right now he is on pace to end this season with 8,929 yards, 1,071 yards shy of the 10,000 yard benchmark.

I say if he is healthy he goes for 10,000 yards in a 49ers uniform in 2013 then calls it a career. But, I think he needs to be closer than 1,071 yards at seasons end because Hunter is making a strong case for becoming our #1 RB.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I have a strong feeling that at some point Frank Gore may be asked to take a pay cut.

Other than that, let him keeping playing and retire a 49er. I'd love to keep him until he hangs them up.

Geraint

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
replace him and Alex Smith

Last edited by a moderator: