• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anybody else feel sad now that the season is over

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really.

They look lousy. But you're probably right they will be in the hunt for that 8 seed too.

I would replace Utah with Denver and the Clip Show with Houston. I'll get a better look at the Jazz tonight, but I think the losses of Boozer and Matthews have really hurt them. Having Deron Williams might make Jefferson a less lazy player, but I doubt it. Millsap does a lot of the same things as Boozer in the stats, but as far as play he has a better mid-range jumper, worse post moves, worse rebounding (again not numbers but position) and worse defense. If AK-47 stays healthy, they've got a chance, but I wouldn't call them probably in right now. In fact, my prediction at the beginning of the year was/is:

West
1. Lakers
2. Thunder
3. Mavs
4. Blazers
5. Hornets
6. Spurs
7. Nuggets (once Nene, Kenyon and Birdman are healthy, Melo will be happier)
8. Warriors

East
1. Heat
2. Celtics
3. Magic
4. Bulls
5. Hawks
6. Nets
7. Bucks
8. Pacers (if Granger stays healthy, of course, otherwise the Wizards or Knicks could slip in, man, the bottom of the East is awful)

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great win for the Dubs last night without Steph Curry. Dorrell Wright is an absolute revelation to me. I wasn't alive the last time the Warriors won, so let's hope this is the start of great things.

I hope that either the Ducks or Stanford face an SEC team in the bowl season and win big. I'm real tired of all these Team SEC people.

I don't post much on the ESPN GMen board, but I post on the Niners board and talk a lot about basketball on off topic threads.

I am a heavy Lakers fan, but the W's are my second favorite team. The Warriors are a better team this year for several reasons:

- Keith Smart: the intricacies on defense are more apparent this season. Players are contesting every shot and every pass even if they're trailing to the spot. Also, Monta is much better on the other end of the court. He's always had the physical tools to be a good defensive player, but the mental aspect of it is starting to come into play. He made a lot of good reads in anticipation of passes against the Jazz The W's seem to have more players around the rim and are playing more man to man as opposed to some of this zone crap Nellie had in year's past. The W's are getting more into the half court aspect as opposed to fast breaks.

- Passing: Dorell Wright was a former 1st round pick out of HS. He's more of a stat filler than an exquisite scorer. He is also an outstanding passer but was a victim of the cap with the Heat's summer splash. Lee is also a very good passer and overall, the W's are moving the ball so much better than previous years. Maggette was never really a good passer, and more solely a scorer. The closest the W's have had to a solid passer in the SF is Stephen Jackson, although Captain Jack had the worst ball handling skills, which is why although he didn't necessarily have a lot of TO's, he seemed to have them at the worst moments.

- Depth: This team, like the Giants, seems to fill in a lot of the pieces. Good backcourt, more active frontcourt. Looks good. Wouldn't be surprised if they were the 7th - 8th seed in the West.

- Concerns: Ekpe Udoh: still think the W's drafted this guy way too high. They should have traded down or maybe grab Monroe. Udoh is athletic but he's too much of a Brandon Wright clone to me - athletic but no proven go to move and needs bulk. Speaking of B. Wright, I just wonder how much contribution he can provide at this point. He was solid as a frosh for UNC, but the amount of missed time has no doubt knocked him backwards as far as his development is concerned.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I just haven't watch enough of Thompson, but I just don't see him being another C-Webb. C-Webb was real slick and had special skills for a big man.

C Webb was a MUCH better passer than Thompson can ever hope to be. Not only did C Webb have good low post moves and rebound well, but how he made his other teammates better a la Jason Kidd was where his magnificence came into fruition. He and Divac was a slick passing forward combo back in the day.