• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Any word on Josh Morgan's ankle injury?

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man this sucks but I think we'll be OK. Hopefully Braylon can get back and actually be an upgrade over Morgan, if he can produce. Not taking anything away from Josh. He's definitely made some huge plays for us. This is the perfect time for Crab to elevate his game.

Edwards isn't expected back until after the week 7 bye (approximately late October/early November) with that meniscus tear.

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
2011 NFL Free Agents

list of wr free agents

if you click on the link...There is not a big group of wr's to choose from...i do like owens and Zeigler..zeigler already knows the offense and he did a decent job catching the ball in preseason and owens is at the end of his career and he knows he won't get many offers why not come back the 49ers one last time and try to win a super bowl!!

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A fracture is not that bad really. Maybe 3-4 games out. A tear or a bad sprain can be season ending.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's different with a broken ankle, isn't it? That's a major weight bearing part of the skeleton. This would probably be the 4-6 week variety of an expected heal time. I know he'll be back, I'm just curious about what they'll have to do at WR in the meantime. Do they cut someone and sign a WR, or do they try to stick it out with only 3 WRs and run a lot of two TE/ three TE formations until Braylon comes back?

49ermann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
I think it depends on the type of break. If it is a hairline fracture that doesn't require surgery, Morgan will be out 4 to 6 weeks. If the ankle requires surgery, he's done for the year. I always hear sports medicine professionals talk about how a bad spain is worse than a break.

Alex Smith and Morgan have developed chemistry. That will be missed. Crabtree and Smith aren't always on the same page. Morgan has proved to be a good outlet under a blitz. Kyle Williams has the ability to be a slot receiver. He doesn't look as strong as Morgan, so it looks like we might lose some in the run blocking game.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A fracture is not that bad really. Maybe 3-4 games out. A tear or a bad sprain can be season ending.

Tears/Sprains don't typically refer to bones - they are typical with ligaments/tendons/muscle sheaths that support the bones around the ankle/lower leg area. We know now for a fact that he has a fractured right ankle, where a broken ankle is a type of "fracture". What we don't know is the severity - is it one bone (the fibula) or does it also involve the tibia and the talus?

If you're saying it's 3 - 4 games out, basically Morgan will be healed and rehabbed within a 1 month period for a fracture to an ankle? Rehab in itself isn't overnight.

You guys are somewhat right - non-surgical treatment will probably be around 6-8 weeks. Morgan could conceivably come back before the season ends. However, if it's a more severe fracture, we're looking at the entire season. Another thing as well, will Morgan require a cast because that can also lengthen the rehab period.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it depends on the type of break. If it is a hairline fracture that doesn't require surgery, Morgan will be out 4 to 6 weeks. If the ankle requires surgery, he's done for the year. I always hear sports medicine professionals talk about how a bad spain is worse than a break.

Alex Smith and Morgan have developed chemistry. That will be missed. Crabtree and Smith aren't always on the same page. Morgan has proved to be a good outlet under a blitz. Kyle Williams has the ability to be a slot receiver. He doesn't look as strong as Morgan, so it looks like we might lose some in the run blocking game.

The bold was actually told to me during my injury, although I think the physician was wrong because I actually had a grade 2 sprain (not the most severe sprain). The bold part is mentioned because it's easier to get a clean break and let the ankle heal as opposed to having tissue/ligament damage which can cause things such as that nasty looking purple, ring shaped bruise around one's ankle.

Hairline fracture denotes one bone is involved, but we don't know exactly how severe it is and the only ones who will know are team physicians and the coaching staff.

You have to remember, Morgan couldn't even bare weight on his ankle. I hope you guys are right, but if Morgan comes back before 2 months I'd be really surprised.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see what Kyle Williams can do. He showed a little something in the pre-season, we found ways to get him open, and neither of the QBs hesitated to get it to him. I want to see what he can do against starters. I'd also like to see if I have a coaching staff that can find ways to utilize strengths effectively. I don't know if I can say that yet, but I'm interested to find out.

Right now is the perfect time. If these players are just now learning this offense, then how likely are the available WRs to pick it up before Morgan comes back? No names really stand out to me anyway.

Williams doesn't have to be the main go to guy, or even do it in the way Morgan was. We still have other targets available. I thought we found effective ways to use our TEs, even more so if you included the missed opportunities. We got them open. We should be able to fix the miscommunication.

Edwards should be back after the Bye, I can't see one game with Williams crippling us, and who knows maybe we have a hidden weapon waiting to be used.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We still need to add a WR though. We have THREE healthy WRs on the roster and one of them has a foot problem. I'd bring back Zeigler just to have another WR dressed so you can at least threaten to put 4 WRs on the field.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see what Kyle Williams can do. He showed a little something in the pre-season, we found ways to get him open, and neither of the QBs hesitated to get it to him. I want to see what he can do against starters. I'd also like to see if I have a coaching staff that can find ways to utilize strengths effectively. I don't know if I can say that yet, but I'm interested to find out.

Right now is the perfect time. If these players are just now learning this offense, then how likely are the available WRs to pick it up before Morgan comes back? No names really stand out to me anyway.

Williams doesn't have to be the main go to guy, or even do it in the way Morgan was. We still have other targets available. I thought we found effective ways to use our TEs, even more so if you included the missed opportunities. We got them open. We should be able to fix the miscommunication.

Edwards should be back after the Bye, I can't see one game with Williams crippling us, and who knows maybe we have a hidden weapon waiting to be used.

Well said, X. Harbs ran a lot of 2 TE sets at Stanford, so I can see him utilizing Delanie W. a bit more to compensate for the extra passes going around with Braylon and Josh out.

Zeigler was also mentioned earlier - I kinda like that idea since he was somewhat familiar with the playbook and won't need as much time to acclimate to the intricacies of Harbs' offense.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The sad irony is that Morgan was injured last year on the last play of the loss at Kansas City as well.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We still need to add a WR though. We have THREE healthy WRs on the roster and one of them has a foot problem. I'd bring back Zeigler just to have another WR dressed so you can at least threaten to put 4 WRs on the field.

Yea I agree with that. Who gets cut? Norris?

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bring back T.O! Let's get this circus started!

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KW is going to get some opportunities to play that's fore sure.

Probably more of Walker lining up as WR.

Bring back Ziegs or promote Long from the Psquad?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh sh*t.... took me a minute to really see the position of his foot/ankle.... yeah... that one hurts.