• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Any word on Josh Morgan's ankle injury?

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe PUP is an option in-season.

Thanks, I am pretty sure you're right. I think the PUP is for about 8 weeks? but I guess you need to put them on it before the season starts.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn, remember before the season we were overloaded with WRs?

KW is going have to step up his game and get ready for a bigger role(i'm sure he's capable of).... especially slot. Do lose a good blocker down the field though...

Sh*t....

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Thanks, I am pretty sure you're right. I think the PUP is for about 8 weeks? but I guess you need to put them on it before the season starts.

The PUP, at least before the new CBA, was for preseason injuries and the players could not be activated before week 6 and if they were not activated by week 10 they went to IR.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morgan has been quiet but pretty productive and that downfield blocking is gonna be a huge loss.

Haven't gone down the entire list, but this seems pretty accurate.

2011 NFL Free Agents

SRPnVA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man this sucks but I think we'll be OK. Hopefully Braylon can get back and actually be an upgrade over Morgan, if he can produce. Not taking anything away from Josh. He's definitely made some huge plays for us. This is the perfect time for Crab to elevate his game.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's bad news but I don't find fault with him being in there. Also...since when is he our #1? I hate sensationalist journalism...it's the greatest evil since Hitler..other than Obama playing golf with Boehner.

HAHAHA

I think he's our #1 WR. He plays more snaps than Crabtree, has more catches and has more yards.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAHAHA

I think he's our #1 WR. He plays more snaps than Crabtree, has more catches and has more yards.

Probably true, but I think that's been by default due to injuries. It's hard to argue that if everyone were healthy, he'd be the #1. Side note..Crabby has had a couple decent games. He also drew some penalties today that don't show up in the stats. He needs to keep improving, but it's good to see.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
BAHHHHH....

Yeah you do... you're a prideful guy :tea:

Who? I mean, we were loaded at WR in the sense that we had a bunch of guys that played the position, but it's not as if our castoffs are setting the league ablaze.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tai Streets is available.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Harbaugh better not be getting shit for having Morgan in there and throwing. I loved seeing our killer instinct at the end of the game. Too many times these past years we go into a shell with a lead, it was nice to stomp on the throat of the opponent.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Next man up. Kyle Williams and Crabtree should be the starters next week.

I hope Detroit stays undefeated after MNF... that way we can ruin their world!

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fractured ankle. Yikes.

4 weeks? That's a very optimistic time table a few of you are giving him. I'm looking at more along 6-8 weeks for just the HEALING TIME alone (being optimistic) not including rehab.After that, it could take several weeks here to get that puppy rehabbing/evaluated for ROM (range of motion), endurance testing, etc.

Just as a FYI, I had a grade 2 -3 sprain on my ankle after a soccer accident and that alone took me 6 weeks to heal, and about another 2 weeks of rehab.

I hate to be the purveyor of bad news, but I wouldn't be surprised if Morgan misses the entire season, unless of course his healing/rehab time is accelerated and the niners make a deep run into the PO's. A deep run may not be out of the question, but you don't want to rush the guy back with a bad ankle. Doing so can lead to even more damage and possibly career ending.

Last edited by a moderator:

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love for us to bring T.O. back, only if he's fully healthy though. Can you guys see a 3 wr set of Braylon and T.O on the outside, with Crabtree in the slot? That would also be a great set to run out of too. If the defense went to a nickle package and we run those 3 guys would be throwing db's around like ragdolls in the secondary.
I'm on the bring T.O. back wagon.