• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

any updates on injuries???

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Henderson? You disgrace Howley with having his name along side. Henderson was what? 2/3 years? Dave Edwards was better than Henderson, maybe even Ken Norton Jr, DD Lewis as well. Henderson's time in Dallas was much like Duane Thomas. Great footnotes, not exactly great all time cowboys. Haley and Sanders are more cowboy than those two to me.
Henderson was a more athletic Chuck Howley. If it wasn't for his cocaine issues, I honestly believe he would have been the best linebacker to wear a Cowboy uniform.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you are right pday. You have to go with D.D.Lewis or Dave Edwards with Chuck Howley. Bob Bruneig deserves honorable mention. I'd take any of those guys including Henderson in a huge game, championship or super bowl rather than Ware or Norton.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give it a few more years and you will have a definite name to put with Howley hopefully.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give it a few more years and you will have a definite name to put with Howley hopefully.

No doubt about that. Lee may already be playing at that level. I take him over Hollywood

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just having a little fun with jarntt. I meant Lee all the way.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Bill Bates mystic in Lee. Just please stay healthy.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joke how you want ........

I still think Carter is a player ....I'll be the driver of the wagon when everyone else tries to jump on

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carter is a good player. I havent heard anyone say he isnt

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just playing around with pday a bit. But just so there is no misunderstandings and being serious for a moment, as of this moment in time, the following is my current all time best Cowboys at each position:

LE - Ed Too Tall Jones
LT - Bob Lilly
RT - Randy White
RE - Harvey Martin
OL - Chuck Howley
ML - Leroy Jordan
OL - Dave Edwards
CB - Mel Renfro
CB - Dionne Sanders
SS - Cornell Green
FS - Darren Woodson

QB - Roger Staubach
RB - Tony Dorsett
FB - Moose Johnson
WR - Drew Pearson
WR - Bob Hayes
TE - Jay Novacek
RT - Erik Williams
RG - Mark Tuenei/ Nate Newton (Tie, hard choice)
C - Mark Stepnoski
LG - Larry Allen
LE - Rayfield Wright

Coach - Who else, Mr. Cowboy Tom Landry.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid list i'm shocked non of the triplets made the list and of course Ware not making the list. Good list though. I can understand holding Irving out, but Smith I don't get. I know how you fill about Ware. My question with the other 2 is, does any personal bias have anything to do with them being omitted (are you simply a bigger fan of Dorsett over Smith...did Micheal's character maybe turn you off to him)? Regardless of the reasons it's still a great list.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the offensive line that he had ..I get why smith is not on the list.

What I don't get is Jay Novacek (who is actually hands down my favorite player from that era)

That has to go to Witten. Even though you could make the case that Witten lives in a pass happy league.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that.....nobody talked about how great that line was when Smith wasn't there though.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RG - Mark Tuenei/ Nate Newton (Tie, hard choice)

Tuenei was a converted Dlineman to o tackle. nate was good and a household name due to Madden

best right guard....Herb Scott or John Niland....both were great at pulling
I thought Blaine Nye was better than Big Nate

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Help me out Pday- I wouldnt know. Surely Rafferty, Donavan, or Fitzgerald would be on the list .

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Help me out Pday- I wouldnt know. Surely Rafferty, Donavan, or Fitzgerald would be on the list .

Donavan certainly belongs in the discussion for LT...both Wright and Williams played right tackle. Tony Lissieo was good. Brought him back from retirement and won our first SB. Ralph Neely was the best left tackle to play in Dallas

Raffy and Fitzgerald both took time to become starters but were solid centers. Step was just that good at his craft. Short time that it was. To me, Dave Manders was the best center to ever play...maybe because he was solid for a long time.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid list i'm shocked non of the triplets made the list and of course Ware not making the list. Good list though. I can understand holding Irving out, but Smith I don't get. I know how you fill about Ware. My question with the other 2 is, does any personal bias have anything to do with them being omitted (are you simply a bigger fan of Dorsett over Smith...did Micheal's character maybe turn you off to him)? Regardless of the reasons it's still a great list.
No personal bias whatsoever. Emmitt played behind the greatest O-line in NFL history IMHO. Michael's character had nothing to do with my decision at all. If that kind of behavior bothered me I wouldn't have posted the other day about Hollywood Henderson.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the offensive line that he had ..I get why smith is not on the list.

What I don't get is Jay Novacek (who is actually hands down my favorite player from that era)

That has to go to Witten. Even though you could make the case that Witten lives in a pass happy league.
Jay Novacek, 3 time super bowl champion. Jason Witten, absolutely nothing.