• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Any recommendations for a new SUV (2018 model)?

Hillbillyzombie

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trick question. There is no such thing as a good SUV.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@JuiceTheGator bern thinking about letting the tundra go for an SUV. I’ve never been a Jeep guy and I despise dodge but I’m intrigued by the Cherokee and grand Cherokee. Any insight on them and is the upgrade to the grand Cherokee worth it?

From the little I know, the Cherokee is pretty shitty. It's a fairly new model and chintzy.

I've had a GC for a couple years and am very pleasantly surprised. I also have a GLE Mercedes and think the GC is just about as good for half the money. It drives well, the tech in it is the best and the mileage is really surprisingly good. The optional upscale interior is worth it.

I dunno what else. It's just been made for a long time and I found it a really great daily driver. Everything is convenient and well thought through...no unpleasant surprises. If you can find a low mileage 2 year old, that would be perfect. The one with everything you'd want is about $40k. But $25k for a lightly used one seems right. A used GC >> a new Cherokee.

My stupid Mercedes was about $70k and it's the same thing...but heavier and with more annoying tech...and the MB is louder on the highway.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the little I know, the Cherokee is pretty shitty. It's a fairly new model and chintzy.

I've had a GC for a couple years and am very pleasantly surprised. I also have a GLE Mercedes and think the GC is just about as good for half the money. It drives well, the tech in it is the best and the mileage is really surprisingly good. The optional upscale interior is worth it.

I dunno what else. It's just been made for a long time and I found it a really great daily driver. Everything is convenient and well thought through...no unpleasant surprises. If you can find a low mileage 2 year old, that would be perfect. The one with everything you'd want is about $40k. But $25k for a lightly used one seems right. A used GC >> a new Cherokee.

My stupid Mercedes was about $70k and it's the same thing...but heavier and with more annoying tech...and the MB is louder on the highway.

Nice. Thanks for the heads up. Right now I’m leaning towards a 4-runner and maybe a grand Cherokee. I am gonna take a look at some Subarus to see if they appeal to me at all. If I didn’t need a little more space I’d be all over a cross trek.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still rockin my 2015 Ford Explorer Sport... Love it