• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Any Questions

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk if anybody will get this, but I thought of David Pumpkins when I saw the thread title.

It made me think of 1992. We rolled into Philly early in the season, both teams 3-0 maybe 4-0. We had been killing everyone. Philly cleaned our clocks. There was a sign in the end zone that said Any Questions? Deirdorf , who was announcing the Momday night game said no there isn't. Philly was awesome that year. Kotite just couldn't get it done.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
other than the poor play calling, bad clock management and being a yes man
Give Jason Garrett is just dues. NOBODY has done a better job than the head man in Dallas this year.

also....how bout that JJ Wilcox? Brandon Carr? the LB's, and any member on the Dline????

IT'S CALLED COACHING UP WITH THE PLAYERS BUYING IN
AND.............
NOBODY DID IT BEETER THIS YEAR THAN THE DALLAS COACHING STAFF

Jason Garrett has done a fantastic job this season, and deserves coach of the year. Full stop.

Let's not act like these criticisms were unfair leading up to this season - especially clock management.

How much credit does the rest of the (very accomplished) coaching staff deserve?

Are we giving Garrett credit for Wilcox and Brandon Carr? Just asking what you were implying there... I feel like Marinelli may be more responsible for those two success stories. Carr was moved back to his original RCB that he played in K.C., and that seems to have done him a lot of good. Wilcox just seems to have figured it out this year - credit to Garrett for sticking with him, I suppose.

As an aside, Dallas is at risk of losing some key ingredients to the recipe this coming off season. McClay and Linehan may end up being hot commodities in coaching and front office searches. I expect McClay to be gone. Linehan has indicated he is happy in his current role, but who knows if he gets offered a head job?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Garrett has done a fantastic job this season, and deserves coach of the year. Full stop.

Let's not act like these criticisms were unfair leading up to this season - especially clock management.

How much credit does the rest of the (very accomplished) coaching staff deserve?

Are we giving Garrett credit for Wilcox and Brandon Carr? Just asking what you were implying there... I feel like Marinelli may be more responsible for those two success stories. Carr was moved back to his original RCB that he played in K.C., and that seems to have done him a lot of good. Wilcox just seems to have figured it out this year - credit to Garrett for sticking with him, I suppose.

As an aside, Dallas is at risk of losing some key ingredients to the recipe this coming off season. McClay and Linehan may end up being hot commodities in coaching and front office searches. I expect McClay to be gone. Linehan has indicated he is happy in his current role, but who knows if he gets offered a head job?

this response is why this board has become as ass whip for me.

It's like who has the biggest dick for some of you here, while others throw out pure shock value statements.
Lately, year after year it's Garrett play calling, time management, defense sucks, Carr sucks, Mo sucks, Wilcox should be shot, and worries, worries worries about the coming salary cap, or some other bull shit down the road. Now you wanna spin the credit to Jerry> LOL at that. So....Jerry & son do all the heavy lifting while Garrett remains a poor mans figure head on the sidelines each Sunday?

I'm glad I have the opinions on this team I do and the entertainment here is losing it's luster fast..............least for me.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach of the year? His only job is to hold up one finger after each TD and pat players asses as they come off the field. Maybe lead a cheer or two, but that's it. Not trying to be a dick,,, I really believe this.
You have no fucking business throwing your hot sports opinions any place here other than the smack talk thread.
You fuckers cry like the little bitches you are whenever a cowboy fan posts on your team board, YET, here you remain.

Spin this how you want, but your football posts over the years tells the story. You remain nothing but a bull shit troll pointing fingers at others. Move your fucking ass to the general board where ass holes are encouraged

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this response is why this board has become as ass whip for me.

It's like who has the biggest dick for some of you here, while others throw out pure shock value statements.
Lately, year after year it's Garrett play calling, time management, defense sucks, Carr sucks, Mo sucks, Wilcox should be shot, and worries, worries worries about the coming salary cap, or some other bull shit down the road. Now you wanna spin the credit to Jerry> LOL at that. So....Jerry & son do all the heavy lifting while Garrett remains a poor mans figure head on the sidelines each Sunday?

I'm glad I have the opinions on this team I do and the entertainment here is losing it's luster fast..............least for me.

You continue to blow things so far out of proportion sometimes, It amazes me. Like how many more words do you want to put in people's mouths? You respond to questions with pure bull shit. Where did I say that Jerry should get any/all credit? You take criticisms from years past and the start of the season and drop all that shit now like it was completely off base when it was said. A lot of these guys turned a huge corner this year, after sucking for the past 4-5 years - if you wanna claim victory for 1 out of 4 or 5, and vilify those who dare had a negative opinion at any point in time over the last several years, go ahead.

Seriously, what the fuck are you even talking about here? You have the temper of a child sometimes, and it's baffling trying to figure out why. It's like you can't stand a dissenting opinion or questions to clarify what you're sometimes vague statements mean. Talk about losing the entertainment? - you provide plenty of it with your regular tantrums.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you wanna claim victory
I'll claim victory understanding the coaching requirements working under Jerry.
I'll claim victory at assembling the right kinda football players and STAFF

you spin to two/three year old shit and act as if it is the problem you've worked hard to portray over the years.
Play to your offseason strengths when the time is right. I'll watch the coach of the year get is just reward and cheer my fool head off foe postseason advancement.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you tell me where this was a major problem in 2015 and 2014 and cost this team games
I'll get back to you on this, need to do some research on this topic.

is that the head man assembling his staff or are you propping up jerry, Stephen?
Nothing of the sort. The only thing I was implying here is that the coaches on his staff are very accomplished and should be recognized as such. They have had a big impact on this team and I was asking you how much weight you thought that should be given. How you construed this as an attack towards your opinion is beyond me.

like so many here

point that fucking finger
Dude, if you could take a step back sometimes and see how you respond to some very harmless/unoffensive comments you might surprise yourself. We all go off on this board sometimes, except for Colors, but you do it so frequently at nothing more than perceived slight it's tiresome.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have no fucking business throwing your hot sports opinions any place here other than the smack talk thread.
You fuckers cry like the little bitches you are whenever a cowboy fan posts on your team board, YET, here you remain.

Spin this how you want, but your football posts over the years tells the story. You remain nothing but a bull shit troll pointing fingers at others. Move your fucking ass to the general board where ass holes are encouraged
:agree:

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll claim victory understanding the coaching requirements working under Jerry.
I'll claim victory at assembling the right kinda football players and STAFF

you spin to two/three year old shit and act as if it is the problem you've worked hard to portray over the years.
Play to your offseason strengths when the time is right. I'll watch the coach of the year get is just reward and cheer my fool head off foe postseason advancement.

I'm perfectly okay with the team turning a major corner and shedding those criticisms. I have no narrative to spin, I only comment on the happenings of the team, and for a long time those things were true. I comment on a sports message board, sometime my comments contain praise, sometimes I remark on the negative - get over it. You harbor the strangest grudges over comments and opinions for ridiculous amounts of time - it's bizarre. These are professional athletes and coaches making big time bucks off of us fans, they are fair game to comment on.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Didn't the Cowboys extend McClays contract? I don't see Jerry allowing him to leave. As to OC, with the young talent Dallas has on offense, the Cowboys would have their pick of any candidate out there
As to whether or not Garrett deserves credit for Carr, Wilcox, the Dline, etc, here's how that works IMO...if Garrett gets all the blame last year for shit he wasn't responsible for, he deserves all the credit when his team gets it right. More important, Jerry and Stephen stuck with him through the 8-8's and the 4-12. He will coach in Dallas as long as he wants to

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't the Cowboys extend McClays contract? I don't see Jerry allowing him to leave. As to OC, with the young talent Dallas has on offense, the Cowboys would have their pick of any candidate out there
As to whether or not Garrett deserves credit for Carr, Wilcox, the Dline, etc, here's how that works IMO...if Garrett gets all the blame last year for shit he wasn't responsible for, he deserves all the credit when his team gets it right. More important, Jerry and Stephen stuck with him through the 8-8's and the 4-12. He will coach in Dallas as long as he wants to

I have been a little out of the loop here in December. After reading your post I ran a quick search and came up with this...

Will McClay, Future GM For Someone Besides The Cowboys? Maybe Not.
http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2016...-so-secret-weapon-in-the-personnel-department
If this is accurate, then GREAT! I have heard/read similar sentiments from Linehan and Marinelli. If Dallas can keep the front office and coaching staff as currently configured, I think we have a winning formula.

I don't really care who gets the credit on the coaching staff, I think they have all done a tremendous job this year, individually and collectively. My personal opinion is the players should get the majority of the credit for their and the teams improvements, with a nod to the coaching staff.

It's been a great group effort. I think Jason Garrett is the obvious choice for coach of the year, and his staff has been excellent. The roster has been excellent and they all hustle their ass off. I really love this years team, very reminiscent of 2014, just more talent. 2015 was a real dark cloud, and I am glad to see there was no hangover from that mess (Greg Hardy), which IMO is a big credit to the coaching staff.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As to whether or not Garrett deserves credit for Carr, Wilcox, the Dline, etc, here's how that works IMO...if Garrett gets all the blame last year for shit he wasn't responsible for, he deserves all the credit when his team gets it right.
You get it. GREAT point!!

Some say Garrett transformed this team with his vision of the 90's frame work. This required the right kinda people throughout the organization that loved to play the game of football first & foremost. A team with swagger but not with the sense of entitlement Jerry created. Garrett's vision was getting back to a dominant oline and his voice was the most active towards those efforts with the drafting of Smith, Fred & Martin. I've heard it said it was Garrett who stood the tallest on drafting Elliott. It was his vision this team was the 2014 version and not the 2015 version and all the time dealing with Jerry & the Dallas media. Hot seat year, 500 coach, poor game manager, blah, blah, blah.

The OC was a candidate after 2014 and he himself elected to stay with Garrett. The DC was rumored to head towards TB and join up with his buddy Lovie and yet...he stayed with Garrett. NOW...some will spin this to jerry Stephen and the money being paid in Dallas. BULL FUCKING SHIT to that spin. I can only hope the media starts to shed more light on the head coaching job being done in Dallas....that way some cowboy fans won't sound like the other fans of NFL teams being lead around by the media on whats REALLY going on in Dallas.

Sure...jerry & Stephen................LOL

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As to whether or not Garrett deserves credit for Carr, Wilcox, the Dline, etc

Garrett didn't coach them up weekly in individual drills. That's not my point.
Garrett like Jimmy Johnson over sees the direction each position group takes and I'm sure he has his say on that direction. What separates Garrett from other teams is the entire team has bought all in on his message. You know....be the best you can be on Tuesday, Wednesday and every day. That ain't no walk in the park with 20 something year olds making the coin these guys make. That is special and it's a darn shame so many "informed" cowboy fans who post here can't see that for themselves.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, if you could take a step back sometimes and see how you respond to some very harmless/unoffensive comments you might surprise yourself. We all go off on this board sometimes, except for Colors, but you do it so frequently at nothing more than perceived slight it's tiresome.

10 years now....Never claimed to be anything, just stated my opinions and fielded as many insults as I ever laid out. I can be as big a dick as any one. CAN YOU or are you just another fucking victim here?

What's fucking tiresome is the same ole media driven bull shit opinions. That's fucking tiresome!

Really....clock management?

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been a little out of the loop here in December. After reading your post I ran a quick search and came up with this...

Will McClay, Future GM For Someone Besides The Cowboys? Maybe Not.
If this is accurate, then GREAT! I have heard/read similar sentiments from Linehan and Marinelli. If Dallas can keep the front office and coaching staff as currently configured, I think we have a winning formula.

I don't really care who gets the credit on the coaching staff, I think they have all done a tremendous job this year, individually and collectively. My personal opinion is the players should get the majority of the credit for their and the teams improvements, with a nod to the coaching staff.

It's been a great group effort. I think Jason Garrett is the obvious choice for coach of the year, and his staff has been excellent. The roster has been excellent and they all hustle their ass off. I really love this years team, very reminiscent of 2014, just more talent. 2015 was a real dark cloud, and I am glad to see there was no hangover from that mess (Greg Hardy), which IMO is a big credit to the coaching staff.
Glad there is not a cap on the scout,coache's etc. Pay mcclay