• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Any NFL Game Rewind Users?

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got sick of DirecTv and dumped them to go with DISH. As it looks now, I'll be able to watch the Pats nine times because I live in FL and will see the Dolphins and TB games plus the Nat'l broadcasts. I'll watch the other Pats games using NFL Game Rewind on Monday morning for $29. Does anyone use it? If so...What do you think about it?

DirecTv keeps sending me the following offer...a $200 gift card, a free Genie Upgrade, $30 off Choice programming for 12 months with $10 off for the next 24 months and free NFL Sunday Ticket for 2013.

The small print? The equipment fee for Genie is $25 a month. Plus DISH will charge me $20 for every month left on the 24 month agreement if I cancel; and that will put me at a $160 deficit right now even with the $200 gift card from DirecTv. There's also an added charge for HD with DTV but I have it free for life with DISH.

Anyway, I might hit the local watering hole here to watch the Jets game when they play them in Jersey but the rest I can live with on the computer...plus all the playoff games will be shown on TV. I can always hook up my computer to the TV and watch the reg season games on the big screen if I want my sound system experience too. DirecTv might not even get exclusive rights to the NFL next year if they don't want to shell out the big bucks for it again. I got a $75 rebate from DISH plus free equipment and credits for programming so I don't plan on moving back to DTV until the contract is up and only if the deal is right.

Just an FYI if you have NFL Sunday Ticket...I called to cancel it the last two years and got it for half price...something to think about.

Last edited by a moderator:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ten bucks extra to see the whole league? Fuck yes.

30 for just the playoffs seems steep, but 40 for the regular season is probably worth it.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ten bucks extra to see the whole league? Fuck yes.

30 for just the playoffs seems steep, but 40 for the regular season is probably worth it.

LOL! I was thinking about that just to watch the Jets misery at Qb again.

I like the condensed version option since it won't be a "live" game anyway...you see every play in 30 minutes. If you can live without replays it's good. I used to watch it the day after when I had the complete NFL Sunday Ticket package.

This should be cool too:
Coaches Film
Available only from the NFL, Coaches Film shows you exclusive camera angles (All-22 and EndZone) that let you watch and analyze the game like a pro football coach.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, sorry about your bad luck.

I have never splurged for Sunday ticket (I'm too cheap) but my wife bought it this year with the excuse it was a fathers day gift.

I've had DirecTV for 9 years now, and last year a salesman at Sam's club told me that if I had not gotten an upgrade every year for being a loyal customer, then I needed to call and ask for "Customer Retention" not customer service. he said keep asking until I got somebody to admit "Yes, I am customer retention". Then, tell them what you want.

I didn't really believe him but this past winter my DVR crapped out. While I was on the phone with tech support, I told the guy about the sales person experience and the tech guy went ballistic. "I can transfer you to customer disconnect if that's what you want!!!" was his reaction.
I was like WOW! He hung up so I called back and asked for customer retention.
The girl HOOKED ME UP!.
I got the Genie. I got Stars & Encore added for free. I got my bill dropped from $139/month to $83/month.
Bottom line, do not be afraid to ask.
And when you call, ask for Customer Retention. Don't settle for anybody else.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread...

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, sorry about your bad luck.

I have never splurged for Sunday ticket (I'm too cheap) but my wife bought it this year with the excuse it was a fathers day gift.

I've had DirecTV for 9 years now, and last year a salesman at Sam's club told me that if I had not gotten an upgrade every year for being a loyal customer, then I needed to call and ask for "Customer Retention" not customer service. he said keep asking until I got somebody to admit "Yes, I am customer retention". Then, tell them what you want.

I didn't really believe him but this past winter my DVR crapped out. While I was on the phone with tech support, I told the guy about the sales person experience and the tech guy went ballistic. "I can transfer you to customer disconnect if that's what you want!!!" was his reaction.
I was like WOW! He hung up so I called back and asked for customer retention.
The girl HOOKED ME UP!.
I got the Genie. I got Stars & Encore added for free. I got my bill dropped from $139/month to $83/month.
Bottom line, do not be afraid to ask.
And when you call, ask for Customer Retention. Don't settle for anybody else.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread...

DirecTv upped their prices by $10 so I started looking at DISH and how to watch the Pats games and decided I can live without NFL Sunday Ticket but I'll see how it goes. I called to cancel DirecTv and the rep I tallked to in the retention dept was like a teddy bear... until he realized it was futile; then he got nasty and hit me with a $140 fee for not keeping an extra receiver I had added for the full 24 months. When I got my final bill I wrote them a letter saying if they ever want me to come back they better not charge me the fee. They agreed to accept half of the fee but it pissed me off.

Are you getting charged $25/mo for Genie?

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Verizon and they are starting to suck! It was nice at first, 99$ for 2 yrs with all the glory, then nothing. I have to upgrade my package to get the NFL Network, then I have to buy the Redzone channel for 60.00!! Over all it is about an 85$ move. You can watch them online at a few sites and watch every game for free, just have to stream them to your TV...

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am in Okinawa and have to come up with a plan
I will get maybe half of the games but day games come on at 2 AM. (time difference)
Being I will be sleeping through live games, streaming seems to be my only hope.
Am I the only one who does not like compressed games?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL! I was thinking about that just to watch the Jets misery at Qb again.

I like the condensed version option since it won't be a "live" game anyway...you see every play in 30 minutes. If you can live without replays it's good. I used to watch it the day after when I had the complete NFL Sunday Ticket package.

This should be cool too:
Coaches Film
Available only from the NFL, Coaches Film shows you exclusive camera angles (All-22 and EndZone) that let you watch and analyze the game like a pro football coach.

The coach's take is what really draws me to it. I hate how games are televised. If they have the coach's film in the 30 minute format I will be in heaven.

If I get it. It's pretty cheap but I still might be too broke lol.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DirecTv upped their prices by $10 so I started looking at DISH and how to watch the Pats games and decided I can live without NFL Sunday Ticket but I'll see how it goes. I called to cancel DirecTv and the rep I tallked to in the retention dept was like a teddy bear... until he realized it was futile; then he got nasty and hit me with a $140 fee for not keeping an extra receiver I had added for the full 24 months. When I got my final bill I wrote them a letter saying if they ever want me to come back they better not charge me the fee. They agreed to accept half of the fee but it pissed me off.

Are you getting charged $25/mo for Genie?

No.
$5 for the Genie and $5 for the extra box for the second TV.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just an FYI if you have NFL Sunday Ticket...I called to cancel it the last two years and got it for half price...something to think about.

Me too. Convince them you're going to cancel and they put some smooth-talker on the phone who will swing a serious deal.

DirecTV to Dish is like filet mignon to a Krystal burger. I pay DirecTV about $180/month and it's worth every cent.

BTW, use a proxy like HideMyAss.com and you can sign up for NFL Game Pass; it only works in foreign countries and you use the proxy to make it look like you're in South American or Europe. That's if you want to watch it live.

My recommendation? Swallow your pride and beg DirecTV to come back and give you Sunday Ticket back. For me, it's part of life. You just do it.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too. Convince them you're going to cancel and they put some smooth-talker on the phone who will swing a serious deal.

DirecTV to Dish is like filet mignon to a Krystal burger. I pay DirecTV about $180/month and it's worth every cent.

BTW, use a proxy like HideMyAss.com and you can sign up for NFL Game Pass; it only works in foreign countries and you use the proxy to make it look like you're in South American or Europe. That's if you want to watch it live.

My recommendation? Swallow your pride and beg DirecTV to come back and give you Sunday Ticket back. For me, it's part of life. You just do it.

Hidemyass.com is on the international hit-list. They have recently been fined millions. Companies like that have been a staple for terrorists, because of that it is dicey to use them, especially if you have a clearance. I don't recommend.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Judging from the offers I'm getting from them...they're begging me to come back. I might call them to see if I can get Genie for $5 like Yankee Traveler is getting...I'll owe $160 to DISH for early termination but if I can save $20/mo for Genie and still get all the rest of the stuff they're offering it might work out.

rehone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Try

FirstRow Watch Live NFL Online. Watch Live NCAA Online. American Football Live Streams

It is somewhat of a pain but it works on a decent computer or did last year. We have Direct TV at home and they all suck but this is from Europe and totally free. It worked last year and I used it when visiting in-laws in Virginia for a Pats game and you did not read it here but my Fed husband used it if on the road on a case for his skins games.

It can be a pain to use but it is free. You can watch the NFL Network for free on your PC.