• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Antonio Brown says he's quitting the NFL

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot he asked the Raiders to cut him too. Also, he set himself up with fines by not showing up to practice and call his boss a cracker.

Could you imagine if a player called a GM a......never mind, forget it......

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Win or lose, he's still uncontrollable. He DESERVES to lose every last penny.

If he wins... that will open the door for other players to mimic his behavior. If that happens the players can kiss goodbye guarantee money on future contracts

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he wins... that will open the door for other players to mimic his behavior. If that happens the players can kiss goodbye guarantee money on future contracts
I just don't see how he can win that money with the NFL contractual language being as tight-knit as it is. I think the only thing he may win is the $1m signing bonus in Oakland. His voided guaranteed base salaries from Oakland should easily be upheld, plus the team-issued fines.

The NE guaranteed money is trickier. I could see him winning something from that given that he played, but the NE contract had clear language written in giving NE the upper hand if things went south.

The NFLPA is dragging its face through the mud by trying to recoup his money.

Mangler

Dis-member
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see him winning against the Patriots, but threatening the Raiders GM, man that's a stretch...this is why the Steelers are loath to give guaranteed $, maybe other clubs will catch on..

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see him winning against the Patriots, but threatening the Raiders GM, man that's a stretch...this is why the Steelers are loath to give guaranteed $, maybe other clubs will catch on..

Why? Him nor his agent disclosed that he had sexual lawsuits pending, then he starts harassing the victim via texts, as a member of NE?

Mangler

Dis-member
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see how he can win that money with the NFL contractual language being as tight-knit as it is. I think the only thing he may win is the $1m signing bonus in Oakland. His voided guaranteed base salaries from Oakland should easily be upheld, plus the team-issued fines.

The NE guaranteed money is trickier. I could see him winning something from that given that he played, but the NE contract had clear language written in giving NE the upper hand if things went south.

The NFLPA is dragging its face through the mud by trying to recoup his money.
1) the NFLPA has no choice but to fight for him whether they agree or not..
2) from what I have read, the CBA trumps team contracts, signing bonuses are earned when you sign
this will drag forever, it will be interesting how an Arbitrator decides

Mangler

Dis-member
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? Him nor his agent disclosed that he had sexual lawsuits pending, then he starts harassing the victim via texts, as a member of NE?
TThe Patriots still played him after they found out about the law suit...apparently it didn't bother them too much..he was practicing and ready to play after the texts to the accuser, apparently it didn't bother them too much..

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your mom shoulda spit you out.:noidea:
Your mom is so fat, she can step on 4 quarters and make a dollar.
The bitches glasses are so thick, she can look at a map and see people waving at her.
Her eyes are so crossed, when she cries about the disappointment of her son, the tears roll down her back.
Her ears are so big, the bitch can hear what Im thinking.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TThe Patriots still played him after they found out about the law suit...apparently it didn't bother them too much..he was practicing and ready to play after the texts to the accuser, apparently it didn't bother them too much..

The first point is valid. The second one I’m not so sure. The pats acted pretty swiftly after they learned of the text messages.

The lawyer for the victim contacted the nfl after the texts to ask for “help” in controlling things. The nfl then contacted the patriots and told them about it. BOTH wrote letters to brown and his agents to tell him to stop contacting her.

The lawyer for the woman knew what she was doing. By putting the NFL (and by extension the patriots) “on notice” of Browns conduct the lawyer was gonna include them in any lawsuits if he kept doing it. IMO that’s the reason brown was released and won’t be signed by any other team.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I really didn't mean the lawsuit, because it wasn't criminal, but the threatening texts to the victim while he was a Patriot. That along with all the media it brought was detrimental behavior to NE. I said from get go, that it was a mistake signing him. If they have to pay, shame on BB and Kraft

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy teaching Crazy. What could go wrong?

Isn't PE1 the same fella that said that people in Vegas won't support the Raiders because they already root for other teams? Or something insane like that.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't PE1 the same fella that said that people in Vegas won't support the Raiders because they already root for other teams? Or something insane like that.
Yep. Now in the long run, he could be right, but the first 3 to 5 years the locals will be there. If the team shows it's willing to try to win the locals will stick, if not they'll sell their seats.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He already predicted their record NEXT season. :pound: