• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anthony Spencer To Visit The Redskins Tomorrow

Tdog21Skins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Anthony Spencer from the Cowboys is supposed to be at Redskin park visiting the Skins tomorrow, and I also hear that we are interested in Jason Hatcher as well.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOw that would piss some people off... on both sides of the fence. LOL

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh if they came at a reasonable price I wouldnt mind. granted they have the Dallas taint. But it would be priceless to see the Boys fans proclaiming them BUMS and guys they didnt want to keep any way. :D

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No and hell no!!! Don't want any Dallas trash coming to D.C.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand the Spencer thing at all. He's 30 and he's an OLB. I'm pretty sure we are set at OLB and he doesn't want to be a league minimum backup.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand the Spencer thing at all. He's 30 and he's an OLB. I'm pretty sure we are set at OLB and he doesn't want to be a league minimum backup.

I agree and it makes no sense. By the time we have this team ready to make a run, he will be out of the league. It ain't happening.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really starting to question the direction of the team right now. Why even look at over 30 FA who only have a few years left? Why waste the money on them? Target younger players, lesser known players who cost less and move forward with the plan Allen talked about when hiring Gruden. I think Allen told Gruden and the fans he could give him every opportunity to be successful and is panicking a little bit because a few "key" players he targeted went elsewhere. No top tier FA would even consider WASH in their current state with so many holes around them. But Lovie Smith (well respected) has players flocking to Tampa. John Fox (well respected) has players flocking to Denver. My point is Gruden will have to earn that respect and prove his worth.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
too old for me

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really starting to question the direction of the team right now. Why even look at over 30 FA who only have a few years left? Why waste the money on them? Target younger players, lesser known players who cost less and move forward with the plan Allen talked about when hiring Gruden. I think Allen told Gruden and the fans he could give him every opportunity to be successful and is panicking a little bit because a few "key" players he targeted went elsewhere. No top tier FA would even consider WASH in their current state with so many holes around them. But Lovie Smith (well respected) has players flocking to Tampa. John Fox (well respected) has players flocking to Denver. My point is Gruden will have to earn that respect and prove his worth.

For players over 30, it depends on the contract. If it's cheap with little money guaranteed in the future, sign them. You have no loyalties to them and if a young guy outplays them, the young guy starts. Ultimately we have signed young guys. Lauvao is 26 and so is Roberts. The ILB is a STs player and that's about it.

Sorry but I don't believe for a second that key players don't want to come here because of the "SportsHoopla." They went where they did for money...it's simple. We may or may not have targeted players that were discussed on here...not every report is true. I'm guessing we didn't really target Mitchell because he got a very reasonable contract and chose to go there instead of here. Players are flocking to TB because they are getting paid. Players are flocking to Denver because they are getting paid.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For players over 30, it depends on the contract. If it's cheap with little money guaranteed in the future, sign them. You have no loyalties to them and if a young guy outplays them, the young guy starts. Ultimately we have signed young guys. Lauvao is 26 and so is Roberts. The ILB is a STs player and that's about it.

Sorry but I don't believe for a second that key players don't want to come here because of the "SportsHoopla." They went where they did for money...it's simple. We may or may not have targeted players that were discussed on here...not every report is true. I'm guessing we didn't really target Mitchell because he got a very reasonable contract and chose to go there instead of here. Players are flocking to TB because they are getting paid. Players are flocking to Denver because they are getting paid.

I agree with your general point but in our current state why sign any FA over 30? We are 2-3 years away from being full blown into the "plan". I do think that because of the lack of talent in WASH and the rhetoric from last year, players are going elsewhere. That's just my opinion. As for Tampa & Denver, I call B.S. on that, players are going there because they have a chance to win right now. Yes the money is good but DWare for 3 & 30 is not breaking the bank.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with your general point but in our current state why sign any FA over 30? We are 2-3 years away from being full blown into the "plan". I do think that because of the lack of talent in WASH and the rhetoric from last year, players are going elsewhere. That's just my opinion. As for Tampa & Denver, I call B.S. on that, players are going there because they have a chance to win right now. Yes the money is good but DWare for 3 & 30 is not breaking the bank.

Absolutely these Vets are going to Denver/NO/Patriots because they get one more legitimate shot at a SB. They are going to be paid no matter where they go. If all was equal, and we were in the running for Talib and made the same offer or slightly better than Denver, he chooses Denver every time. The only way we get him here is to severely outbid Denver.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, and considering his age, I think Ware got a good deal, probably similar or slightly above what Dallas would have done for him. Equal $$$ but go to a SB contender, no brainer.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely these Vets are going to Denver/NO/Patriots because they get one more legitimate shot at a SB. They are going to be paid no matter where they go. If all was equal, and we were in the running for Talib and made the same offer or slightly better than Denver, he chooses Denver every time. The only way we get him here is to severely outbid Denver.

If you are saying all things being equal...of course players would chose a chance to win but it doesn't take a severe amount of money to make things unequal.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are saying all things being equal...of course players would chose a chance to win but it doesn't take a severe amount of money to make things unequal.

I guess it depends on the player and what your definition of severe is. Talib, you might be right. But to a normal vet that has been in the league for 10 years and has made good money, they want to go out with a ring. They are getting money no matter who they sign with.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tampa has a chance to win right now? Really? What makes you believe that exactly? Aren't they the fourth best team in their division of 4?

Ware just got 3/30 and that's more than most here are willing to pay for RAK.

If players really wanted to win right now, they would play for 2 mil if their price tag was 10 mil because it would afford the team a chance to sign more good players.

Also, Jacksonville totally destroys every argument about players going places to win. Zane Beadles, Red Bryant, Chris Clemons, Toby Gerhart, and Ziggy Hood have all gone to JAX...not exactly a franchise rich in history.

As for Tampa Bay, aren't they ever bit as "f'ed up" as we are? Didn't their old coach play to the last bell and cause controversy throughout the league? What happened to Josh Freeman exactly and the "conspiracy?" Who all did they sign two seasons ago and how has that worked exactly? Wasn't Darelle Revis just there? Aren't they a 4 win team? Did anybody go there in bargain basement fashion or were they paid to go there?

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tampa has a chance to win right now? Really? What makes you believe that exactly? Aren't they the fourth best team in their division of 4?

Ware just got 3/30 and that's more than most here are willing to pay for RAK.

If players really wanted to win right now, they would play for 2 mil if their price tag was 10 mil because it would afford the team a chance to sign more good players.

Also, Jacksonville totally destroys every argument about players going places to win. Zane Beadles, Red Bryant, Chris Clemons, Toby Gerhart, and Ziggy Hood have all gone to JAX...not exactly a franchise rich in history.

As for Tampa Bay, aren't they ever bit as "f'ed up" as we are? Didn't their old coach play to the last bell and cause controversy throughout the league? What happened to Josh Freeman exactly and the "conspiracy?" Who all did they sign two seasons ago and how has that worked exactly? Wasn't Darelle Revis just there? Aren't they a 4 win team? Did anybody go there in bargain basement fashion or were they paid to go there?

All valid and good points GK however, this isn't the old Bucs. This is Lovie Smith's Bucs! A players coach who attracts good players. Your point well taken about JAX however, look at the list of players they signed vs who the Bucs are signing. Plus, I specifically mentioned Denver & Tampa because they are giving their teams a chance to win now. Remove Shiano and insert much better coach in Smith and you will definitely win more games. Now mix in some better talent and that 4 win season becomes a playoff contender.

As for Ware, he is better than Rak and makes his teammates around him better. Same cannot be said for Rak at the moment. Do you agree?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All valid and good points GK however, this isn't the old Bucs. This is Lovie Smith's Bucs! A players coach who attracts good players. Your point well taken about JAX however, look at the list of players they signed vs who the Bucs are signing. Plus, I specifically mentioned Denver & Tampa because they are giving their teams a chance to win now. Remove Shiano and insert much better coach in Smith and you will definitely win more games. Now mix in some better talent and that 4 win season becomes a playoff contender.

As for Ware, he is better than Rak and makes his teammates around him better. Same cannot be said for Rak at the moment. Do you agree?

TB isn't going to win now. Who is going to be their QB? Josh McCown will find it much different without Marshall and Jeffries...let alone Forte. They have a few jersey sellers now but are they better than NO or Carolina? I'd say no to both. Are they better than Atlanta? I doubt it because Atlanta will be healthy this season and have you seen their moves? TB is still #4 in that division right now.

Ware was better in his prime...no doubt. Considering he's 31, no he's not better. He was brought in to help win a SB and I get that. This time though...it's the guy on the other side that will make Ware better.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to make this team better. If a 30 year old can do that for a reasonable price then sign him. As for Spencer I'd be ok with signing him specifically. You can always use pass rushers. Not sure if he'd sign but a one year deal for him would be great. Then you deal with keeping one of him or orakpo next year.