• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Another Team Assessment

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A different league, different situation and such.

PPR, 12 teams, 2/2 with a flex (start 2 RBs/2 WRs and 1 flex). I'm 2-6 and about to go to 4-5 unless the guy I am playing replaces the 2 players he has on bye this week. I would easily go to 3-6 if he were to do that with just about anyone who plays tonight.

I don't think this team is as bad as its record, but I also don't think I have enough firepower to make a playoff run and even if I can sneak in, I don't think I can get very far. You never know what can happen, though. This is a keeper league where you keep 1 player and give up the round you kept him in, but anyone picked in the 6th or later (of off the wire) will result in a 6th round pick being given up. Also, you cannot keep the same player you kept last year (I kept Josh Jacobs in the 4th round).

My team

QB - Brees
RB - Jacobs, Mixon, Fournette, Edmonds, Lindsay, Gio Bernard
WR - Keenan Allen, Mike Evans, Deebo, Jeudy, Shenault, Jakobi Meyers (picked up as insurance if Keenan didn't play this week)
TE - Engram
K - Zane
DEF - Stream

So, I can't keep Jacobs again. Mixon would cost a 1st, Keenan Allen would cost a 5th, Edmonds or Jeudy would cost a 6th (14th round, 11th round). The deadline is this Saturday. Looking around the league, there aren't a whole lot of guys with crazy keeper value at the moment. There's a guy who kept Miles Sanders for a 5th and we chatted briefly about a swap last week and said we would revisit this week. I think I can get him to add something if we made a swap, but nothing major. This is probably the best deal out there, although I haven't had any real discussions with anyone else. But it seems to make sense for both of us given the rules. His team is 6-2 right now and will probably lose this week, so he is in the thick of things and would probably prefer Jacobs to Sanders down the stretch.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think this would happen, but Herbert has retained all of Keenan Allen's value as a WR1, 5th round would be a steal

but WR is also easier to replace vs RB, so understand why you'd push for the trade to get Sanders. Tough call, but I'd roll with Allen.

always liked Allen, so happy that I was wrong on him/his situation

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think this would happen, but Herbert has retained all of Keenan Allen's value as a WR1, 5th round would be a steal

but WR is also easier to replace vs RB, so understand why you'd push for the trade to get Sanders. Tough call, but I'd roll with Allen.

always liked Allen, so happy that I was wrong on him/his situation
Allen is the leading candidate by far at the moment. If it weren't for the 6th round cut off, Jeudy and Edmonds could be in contention, but they would have to have a hell of a 2nd half to be considered now.