• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Another day, another Tulo injury

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
currently laying in bed so I can be as close to the bathroom as possible. Second day of missed work with the fucking flu

Weather realted maybe?

I understand a lot of "you people" are dealing with some harsh weather still.

That must suck.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they owe him that much anyway, cap or not.

anyway, 10 years as a patriot and he wants to test the market now? the hell, he got paid for an entire season and only played 4 games. sheesh!

Heres the explanation good luck:suds:

Dead Money
This is the “pay later” portion of the equation. Dead money is your unused prorated money. Going back to the car example- unfortunately you find out that your car is a lemon just three years into owning it. The transmission died. The car leaks every fluid under the sun. Every other week it breaks down on your way to work. You have no option but to junk it. Does the bank just forgive the remaining two years of your auto loan? Nope. If you still owe $7,000 on the car you have to pay the bank $7,000 when you give that car up. That’s exactly what happens in the NFL. In essence you owe the salary cap money like you would the bank.
In the example where we had a 6 year contract with a signing and an option bonus that money you owe the cap is huge if you need to “junk” the player. If you want to cut the player in 2015 it’s a charge of $5 million per year from 2015 thru 2017 and an additional $1 million in 2018. In the NFL you get that money all charged at once so it’s a lump sum payment of $16 million in cap dollars for a player not even on the team. In 2016 its $11 million, 2017 its $6 million and in 2018 it would be $1 million.
That’s why signing bonus money gives the player far more financial security than just the lump sum payment. It offers an extra layer of protection from being cut due to the cap costs being so high to the team. Better to pay the player a few million to stick around and eat up $8 million in cap space than not be here and cost me $16 million. That’s why when we talk about restructuring contracts for the sake of salary cap room in this year we always have to have an eye on the future. Its why for players like David Harris and Nick Mangold who have had two down years in a row you don’t want to push too far in the future. You also need to see what it means for future cap. In Mangold’s case he has a gigantic salary cap number already in 2015. Push too much money from 2013 into the future and you are stuck with no more room to renegotiate in 2015 unless you just want to remain tied to someone that may be trending down. Just getting under the cap is easy, managing the future is not and GMs and cap managers spend tons of time going over those possibilities when they have to use prorated money for salary cap purposes
The only other issue in regards to dead money from the prorated bonus is the timing of the release or trade of the player. It if occurs after June 1 the league will only allow you to take a dead cap hit of the prorated money from that particular season, meaning $5 million in the example above. The balance is then charged to the following year, in the example $11 million in 2016. You can also designate a player a June 1 cut prior to June 1. In this case you will maintain the full cap charge for the player, even though he has been released, until June 1 at which point just the prorated money for the year remains with the balance being charged to the following league year. This is done to allow you to avoid guarantees or roster and workout bonus money that you might be obligated to pay if the player actually remains on the roster until June 1. But in terms of helping with free agency it really does not give you any benefit due to the benefit coming long after players are signed.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than the whole having to move to Michigan part, this would be a very cool deal.

LANSING — Lansing Lugnuts fans could take a bathroom break between innings and not miss a pitch.
Developers are proposing as many as 100 apartments just beyond the outfield wall at Cooley Law School Stadium, the home of the minor league team.
The apartments are part of a $22 million makeover at the ballpark, which opened in 1996 just blocks from the Capitol, the Lansing State Journal reported.
The city owns the stadium and would have to approve the project and issue $11 million in bonds.
The stadium is “one of the gems of our downtown. It has been since it was built,” Lansing Mayor Virg Bernero said. “It needs constant upkeep and we don’t want to fall behind.”
The stadium would get remodeled restrooms, food stands, covered picnic areas, suites and a new scoreboard, said Lugnuts general manager Nick Grueser.
The city now pays about $800,000 a year on bond debt for the stadium, the State Journal reported. Lansing also pays an annual subsidy from its general budget. Bernero said alternative sources of cash must be found.
The Lugnuts are a Class A team affiliated with the Toronto Blue Jays.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
poor manual

do you at least tip him?

If you were to tip Manuel, wouldn't he fall over?

th

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heres the explanation good luck:suds:

Dead Money
This is the “pay later” portion of the equation. Dead money is your unused prorated money. Going back to the car example- unfortunately you find out that your car is a lemon just three years into owning it. The transmission died. The car leaks every fluid under the sun. Every other week it breaks down on your way to work. You have no option but to junk it. Does the bank just forgive the remaining two years of your auto loan? Nope. If you still owe $7,000 on the car you have to pay the bank $7,000 when you give that car up. That’s exactly what happens in the NFL. In essence you owe the salary cap money like you would the bank.
In the example where we had a 6 year contract with a signing and an option bonus that money you owe the cap is huge if you need to “junk” the player. If you want to cut the player in 2015 it’s a charge of $5 million per year from 2015 thru 2017 and an additional $1 million in 2018. In the NFL you get that money all charged at once so it’s a lump sum payment of $16 million in cap dollars for a player not even on the team. In 2016 its $11 million, 2017 its $6 million and in 2018 it would be $1 million.
That’s why signing bonus money gives the player far more financial security than just the lump sum payment. It offers an extra layer of protection from being cut due to the cap costs being so high to the team. Better to pay the player a few million to stick around and eat up $8 million in cap space than not be here and cost me $16 million. That’s why when we talk about restructuring contracts for the sake of salary cap room in this year we always have to have an eye on the future. Its why for players like David Harris and Nick Mangold who have had two down years in a row you don’t want to push too far in the future. You also need to see what it means for future cap. In Mangold’s case he has a gigantic salary cap number already in 2015. Push too much money from 2013 into the future and you are stuck with no more room to renegotiate in 2015 unless you just want to remain tied to someone that may be trending down. Just getting under the cap is easy, managing the future is not and GMs and cap managers spend tons of time going over those possibilities when they have to use prorated money for salary cap purposes
The only other issue in regards to dead money from the prorated bonus is the timing of the release or trade of the player. It if occurs after June 1 the league will only allow you to take a dead cap hit of the prorated money from that particular season, meaning $5 million in the example above. The balance is then charged to the following year, in the example $11 million in 2016. You can also designate a player a June 1 cut prior to June 1. In this case you will maintain the full cap charge for the player, even though he has been released, until June 1 at which point just the prorated money for the year remains with the balance being charged to the following league year. This is done to allow you to avoid guarantees or roster and workout bonus money that you might be obligated to pay if the player actually remains on the roster until June 1. But in terms of helping with free agency it really does not give you any benefit due to the benefit coming long after players are signed.

hmmm... I think I kinda get it. And it makes no difference that he's the one demanding to be released? They'll still owe him?

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
currently laying in bed so I can be as close to the bathroom as possible. Second day of missed work with the fucking flu

is that anything like the Asian flu?

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weather realted maybe?

I understand a lot of "you people" are dealing with some harsh weather still.

That must suck.

Our weather is killing me! Feels like it's gonna be a horrible allergy season if I'm already having major sneezing attacks.

Brocktagon

the handsome super genius
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our weather is killing me! Feels like it's gonna be a horrible allergy season if I'm already having major sneezing attacks.

is it just as bad out there? we have a few weeks, late every spring where it rains pollen. literally, my truck turns yellow on some days.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmmm... I think I kinda get it. And it makes no difference that he's the one demanding to be released? They'll still owe him?

I blame my mom everyday for this. For not sleeping with someone with better genes, that would have allowed me to be a pro sportsman, where sometimes they pay you to go away, or, continue to have to pay you after they tossed you to the curb.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry about that.

No allergies = no problems.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parents of the century?

CINCINNATI — Police say two parents were found unresponsive from overdosing on heroin with their two young children at a McDonald's play yard.
Tamica Lynn Jeffers, 33, and Robert Paul Palmer, 37, of Dillsboro, Ind., are being held at the Hamilton County jail on child-endangering charges.
Jeffers is held on $6,000 bond.
Palmer's bond was set at $10,000 when he made a brief appearance Thursday in Hamilton County Municipal Court. He pleaded not guilty.
Judge Megan Shanahan ordered him to stay away from the children if he is released.
According to court records, Green Township police and fire crews found the couple Sunday at McDonald's in Green Township.
Jeffers was unconscious and not breathing. She was taken to Mercy West Hospital and treated.
Palmer was conscious but unresponsive.
Their two children, 8 and 5, were in their care.
Both admitted to authorities they had used heroin, which resulted in "life-threatening overdoses," police wrote in a sworn statement.
It was not immediately clear this morning who is caring for the couple's children.
The case goes to a grand jury for possible indictment March 24.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parents of the century?

CINCINNATI — Police say two parents were found unresponsive from overdosing on heroin with their two young children at a McDonald's play yard.
Tamica Lynn Jeffers, 33, and Robert Paul Palmer, 37, of Dillsboro, Ind., are being held at the Hamilton County jail on child-endangering charges.
Jeffers is held on $6,000 bond.
Palmer's bond was set at $10,000 when he made a brief appearance Thursday in Hamilton County Municipal Court. He pleaded not guilty.
Judge Megan Shanahan ordered him to stay away from the children if he is released.
According to court records, Green Township police and fire crews found the couple Sunday at McDonald's in Green Township.
Jeffers was unconscious and not breathing. She was taken to Mercy West Hospital and treated.
Palmer was conscious but unresponsive.
Their two children, 8 and 5, were in their care.
Both admitted to authorities they had used heroin, which resulted in "life-threatening overdoses," police wrote in a sworn statement.
It was not immediately clear this morning who is caring for the couple's children.
The case goes to a grand jury for possible indictment March 24.

Fucking lowlives. :L

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For Led Zeppelin fans, June 3 is Celebration Day.
Atlantic/Swan Song is launching an extensive reissue campaign of all nine studio albums in chronological order, starting with the June 3 release of Led Zeppelin, Led Zeppelin II and Led Zeppelin III, all remastered by guitarist and producer Jimmy Page.
Each deluxe edition will be accompanied by a second disc of previously unreleased music.
Page says in a statement, "The material on the companion discs presents a portal to the time of the recording ... It is a selection of work in progress with rough mixes, backing tracks, alternate versions and new material recorded at the time."
Led Zeppelin, with Page, Robert Plant, John Paul Jones and John Bonham, formed in 1968 and grew to become one of the rock era's most popular and influential bands, with sales to date of 300 million albums worldwide.
The reissues will be available in these formats:
Single CD – Remastered album packaged in a gatefold card wallet.
Deluxe edition (two CDs) – Remastered album, plus a second disc of unreleased companion audio.
Single LP – Remastered vinyl album, packaged in a sleeve that replicates the LP's first pressing. (For example, III will feature the original wheel and die cut holes.)
Deluxe edition vinyl – Remastered album and unreleased companion audio on vinyl.
Digital download – Remastered album and companion audio will both be available.
Super deluxe box set – This includes the remastered album on CD in vinyl replica sleeve, companion audio CD in card wallet, remastered album on vinyl in a sleeve replicating first pressing, companion vinyl disc, hi-def audio download card of all content, hard bound book with rare and previously unpublished photos and memorabilia, print of the original album cover (the first 30,000 will be individually numbered). Led Zeppelin will also hold a replica of the original Atlantic press kit