• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Another Comeback Possible?

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i dunno, hockey is the only sport i give someone a chance at coming back. that being said it all comes down to goaltending, if bob (and i assume it is bob) shows the team he can stop some big shots in the first they may get their swagger back. when you give up 2 goals in the first 63 seconds how the hell can you expect the team in front of you to play with confidence.

i know everyone has given up on them but this team IS capable of going on runs. this atrocity in net is so ridiculous. i feel like it makes everything look much much worse. the players are sitting back because they fear they cant make the slightest mistake because any good shot usually results in a goal. if at some pt one of these goalies could establish a presence the team would start scoring loads. and jesus man, i don't even need one of them to be tim thomas i just need them to make the easy saves and occasionally steal a goal.

i think flyers win tonight 4-2, with an empty netter at the end.

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
totalled agreed 07. i really think the confidence of this team is starting to go cause they dont have pronger nor a competent goalie. should have just rode out bob for the entirety of the playoffs instead of destroying the confidence of all 3 goalies and subsequently the team.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yes he does, it will bounce off his nose on the bench and go into the goal haha

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
totalled agreed 07. i really think the confidence of this team is starting to go cause they dont have pronger nor a competent goalie. should have just rode out bob for the entirety of the playoffs instead of destroying the confidence of all 3 goalies and subsequently the team.

how ridiculous is it when you think about it? i mean this goalie carousel implied by lavy, instituted by holmgren not providing an adequate one to start with has killed this team. like hell, why didnt we give emery another chance? dude wanted to play here and didnt cost shit.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers got some rest and I am sure WIP is ripping the team a new one...Hopefully, tonight they will come out with some fire.

GO FLYERS!!!!!

Always have hope.

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i'll be honest, i wanted boosh to start the playoffs..but right now im starting to think they should have just started bob and rode him out. i mean hell..guys like miller and luongo have had their share of rough playoff outings and they dont get changed..you name a starter and you KEEP him unless hes piss awful for 2-3 straight games. bob had a strong game 1 and a lousy game 2 and all of a sudden its to the press box with him..dont get it

KS32790

SHOOOOOOOOOT IT !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lavy has really killed the chemistry of this team. He had too short of a leash on BOB. Leighton should have never seen the ice of playoff hockey and Boosh was just awful and should have never been back after he had to be pulled that many times. I still believe in BOB tonight!

SantaMonicaFlyer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i'll be honest, i wanted boosh to start the playoffs..but right now im starting to think they should have just started bob and rode him out. i mean hell..guys like miller and luongo have had their share of rough playoff outings and they dont get changed..you name a starter and you KEEP him unless hes piss awful for 2-3 straight games. bob had a strong game 1 and a lousy game 2 and all of a sudden its to the press box with him..dont get it

As a "Bob guy" I feel somewhat vindicated to see posts like this ^

The point ALL YEAR was that we KNEW what Boosh was/is capable of - average play @ best. We did NOT know what Bob was capable of but could it really be worse than Boosh? I like Boosh and he seems like a great teammate and guy, but he is what he is: a backup.

All I'm saying is 'Give Bob a Chance!' :)

Either way, it IS a team game and I place the blame on everyone's shoulders - Holmgren, Lavy, the Gs, the D, the Fs, etc.

That said, FUCK IT - LET'S WIN 4 STRAIGHT WITH BOB IN NET!!

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As a "Bob guy" I feel somewhat vindicated to see posts like this ^

The point ALL YEAR was that we KNEW what Boosh was/is capable of - average play @ best. We did NOT know what Bob was capable of but could it really be worse than Boosh? I like Boosh and he seems like a great teammate and guy, but he is what he is: a backup.

All I'm saying is 'Give Bob a Chance!' :)

Either way, it IS a team game and I place the blame on everyone's shoulders - Holmgren, Lavy, the Gs, the D, the Fs, etc.

That said, FUCK IT - LET'S WIN 4 STRAIGHT WITH BOB IN NET!!

i feel the same way man, 100%

Flyerfanman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
On second thought...fuck Recchi, he's a Penguin. Bob played great tonight, but what can you do when your team doesn't score any goals for you? Go Gagne and your head injuries!!!; I'm a Tampa fan until the day after the finals.

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just cause i've read some posts that reminded me of some things..

you guys all still think trading 2 first round picks, sbisa, and lupul, for pronger was a good deal? anybody still think his 7 yr 4.9 cap hit is a good contract?

he's a 36 year old that is already slowing down (taking penalties doesn't make you a 'physical presence'), has a bad back/hand.. i think the flyers will be the first to be bit by this ridiculously long contracts.. i personally cant wait to see what homer does when 4.9 mil of his cap is going to an empty locker

The biggest thing with Pronger this year was injuries. He was awful in the beginning of the year, and I was giving him just as much flack as you like to, but I'm starting to think a bit differently. The last 2 years, his last in Anaheim and first in Philly, were the first times in his career that he played all 82 games in a season. I think that most people got used to a healthy Pronger playing at full strength and expected it to be the standard from now on, when in fact this year was the standard and the previous 2 were the anomalies. His season this year wasn't all that far off of his 1997-98 season, when he was 24, in terms of production per game.

The length of the contract is bad, but the trade is still a good one to make. Sbisa's growth has all but stopped since he got traded, and I'm starting to wonder if playing with Timonen didn't make him look a lot better than he actually was. Next year will be his make it or break it 4th year. Lupul isn't even on the Ducks anymore, and both firsts were pretty much wasted on limited potential players who got drafted for grit: Etem and Palmieri. I'd still make that trade today. Maybe. The length of the contract is scary.

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
honestly, that trade is still worth it..those two first were gambles, as any draft pick are, and even if they were great...probably dont bring the same poise to a team as prongs does. lupul is expendable and sbisa is a great prospect but wont be anything more than a good 2nd pairing guy. i'd still take prongs at half speed than most any defenseman in the nhl. i firmly believe he just instills confidence more than anything. even if pronger doesnt play at full potential he brings swagger and brings leadership. the 4.9 mil contract per year on the cap is honestly not that bad i think he still has 2-3 pretty elite years left. his regular season might not be great but his poise in the playoffs should bring any team confidence to any team. i think hes still gonna be a big factor to this teams cups chances for 2-3 years. id still do that trade today. i think there are 3 things this team must do this offseason in this order:

1. get a veteran established goalie (bryz or vokoun)

2. get a good young dman to help with the load on our aging d-men (bieksa, white perhaps?)

3. add some strength to the forwards to help complement softer, smaller skill guys

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. get a veteran established goalie (bryz or vokoun)-Yes

2. get a good young dman to help with the load on our aging d-men (bieksa, white perhaps?)-The Mez trade was brilliant maybe one of the young AHL'ers make the team?

3. add some strength to the forwards to help complement softer, smaller skill guys-I asked for Carter to be traded for a guy like Penner natural winger big good hands and could have been had this year....oh well.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That article is spot on. Our goalies don't have to be spectacular for our team to have success and make it to the Cup finals (see last season). However, our players do still have to execute and put forth the effort. That stopped happening at around the time of the All-Star break and never really got going yet again for the remainder of the season.

You can blame the goalie, the defense or the forwards for not stepping up, but the bottom line is that our team routinely underachieved late in the season and throughout the playoffs. Plain and simple.

Last edited by a moderator: