• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Another Comeback Possible?

KS32790

SHOOOOOOOOOT IT !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still have hope but they look tired, slow, soft. There is no reason why they should be getting pushed around the way they have been this series. They might be out of gas to pull off 4 in a row against the Bruins. It doesnt help that every shot the Bruins take can possibly go in when Boosh is in net. Bob looked good once again in relief for Boosh, if he can play solid theres always a chance but the chances are looking slim after todays performance.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a chance. There's no desperation. This is a defeated team and even if they were to suddenly find the desperation from here on out, the Vezina trophy winner from two seasons ago and very likely again this season is in net at the other end of the ice. It's over.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still have hope but they look tired, slow, soft. There is no reason why they should be getting pushed around the way they have been this series. They might be out of gas to pull off 4 in a row against the Bruins. It doesnt help that every shot the Bruins take can possibly go in when Boosh is in net. Bob looked good once again in relief for Boosh, if he can play solid theres always a chance but the chances are looking slim after todays performance.

I always hold out hope,and last year is a good reason why.

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Highly unlikely ... this team fucking sucks right now.

That is all. Move along, nothing to see here.

Flyerfanman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have been a Flyers fan for my entire life. I grew up watching Brad McCrimmon, Brian Propp, Tim Kerr, Pelle Lindbergh and the like. I have never seen a team (and when I say team, let it be known that I watch all sports, all year) that does not give a good god damn as much as these players that call themselves the Flyers. I feel bad for Eric Dejardins, Keith Primeau, Rick Tocchet, Dave Poulin, and dare I say Eric Lindros, as well as every other Flyer who was graced with the captaincy of this team who has to forever associate themselves with Mike "Party Boy" Richards and his lazy, fake pass, fake shot, fake try real hard attitude. If he's hurt, he should sit. If he isn't, he should leave town because his effort sucks.

That being said, I think there is absolutely no chance whatsoever that the Flyers replicate what they did last year. I would honestly be surprised if Lavy even dresses Boucher next gave. What can I say? Keep playing Shelley down the stretch rather than Zherdev; keep switching goalies all year giving neither confidence; keep trading draft picks for other team's utility men from years past; and keep watching the finals on TV rather than playing for it for real.

All I can do at this point if root for Gagne, or Niitymaki, or Recchi....what a shame. Its also painful to watch JR and Jonesy and Keenan (all Flyers in my book) bashing the Flyers and not sticking up for them in the least. The Flyers need a heart transplant, and I don't know what that means. I love Lavy and Giroux and JVR and Briere. I think that Kimmo, Coburn and Pronger are solid. Otherwise, I have no problem seeing anyone else go. Its a shame, and I can't take much more of this.

If the Flyers were my girlfriend, we would have broken up years ago.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The B's are determined they were embarrassed last year very difficult to come back. They'd need a healthy Pronger and would have to start Bob and hope that he makes the big saves that Bouch can't make.

At this point its a fact that they should have given Bob more rope. He has more talent and like I've said all along you play your most talented players. Bouch would have been money off the bench on the occasion you needed him.

In any case without Pronger I'm not sure this team has enough to beat an equal opponent good goalie or not the B's got better no doubt about it. You need to be clicking on all cylinders at this time of year and they've been sputtering for months.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been a Flyers fan for my entire life. I grew up watching Brad McCrimmon, Brian Propp, Tim Kerr, Pelle Lindbergh and the like. I have never seen a team (and when I say team, let it be known that I watch all sports, all year) that does not give a good god damn as much as these players that call themselves the Flyers. I feel bad for Eric Dejardins, Keith Primeau, Rick Tocchet, Dave Poulin, and dare I say Eric Lindros, as well as every other Flyer who was graced with the captaincy of this team who has to forever associate themselves with Mike "Party Boy" Richards and his lazy, fake pass, fake shot, fake try real hard attitude. If he's hurt, he should sit. If he isn't, he should leave town because his effort sucks.

That being said, I think there is absolutely no chance whatsoever that the Flyers replicate what they did last year. I would honestly be surprised if Lavy even dresses Boucher next gave. What can I say? Keep playing Shelley down the stretch rather than Zherdev; keep switching goalies all year giving neither confidence; keep trading draft picks for other team's utility men from years past; and keep watching the finals on TV rather than playing for it for real.

All I can do at this point if root for Gagne, or Niitymaki, or Recchi....what a shame. Its also painful to watch JR and Jonesy and Keenan (all Flyers in my book) bashing the Flyers and not sticking up for them in the least. The Flyers need a heart transplant, and I don't know what that means. I love Lavy and Giroux and JVR and Briere. I think that Kimmo, Coburn and Pronger are solid. Otherwise, I have no problem seeing anyone else go. Its a shame, and I can't take much more of this.

If the Flyers were my girlfriend, we would have broken up years ago.

Excellent, excellent post!

Word for word, it is exactly the same way I feel about every point.

Our boys are toast.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
toast_slices.jpg

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those aren't burnt enough.. It's more like this..

images

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the Flyers but they are done.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw all these post last year right after game 3....just sayin.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would give them about 3% chance if Game 4 is in Philly. That win would be just enough to get us going a bit.

But no, we're playing in Boston and they'll likely go into the Garden and shit their pants.

.75%

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I nearly puked thinking the Lightning are in the ECF

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just cause i've read some posts that reminded me of some things..

you guys all still think trading 2 first round picks, sbisa, and lupul, for pronger was a good deal? anybody still think his 7 yr 4.9 cap hit is a good contract?

he's a 36 year old that is already slowing down (taking penalties doesn't make you a 'physical presence'), has a bad back/hand.. i think the flyers will be the first to be bit by this ridiculously long contracts.. i personally cant wait to see what homer does when 4.9 mil of his cap is going to an empty locker

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I nearly puked thinking the Lightning are in the ECF

they made the caps look like a minor league team.. the games dont look like blowouts but i watched them, the caps never had a chance

indyflyr

Da Oracle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
the mountain has to look about as big as it can possibly be knowing they are down 3-0 to boston, have to play 4 in boston, look to a man like they really don't want to be on the ice, and knowing if a miracle did actually happen all they would get for a reward is a well rested tampa bay team that owned them most of the year.

time to get that tee time reserved.