• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Angry as hell at my computer

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did your computer do?

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mine crashed 3 damn times tonight... and its new. Pisses me off.

I'd return it, but I already replaced the power supply and the video card.

ChiefWhiteHorse

Scrofula
A little town called none of ya god damn bidness
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My video card was causing my monitor to shut off after it had been on for a few minutes and stay off until the computer was restarted. I monkeyed around with the video card (Opened her up, took it out, put it back in) and that didn't work so then I dropped my resolution to the lowest setting for 10 minutes, reverted to the normal reso. then I updated my drivers and it works.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My video card was causing my monitor to shut off after it had been on for a few minutes and stay off until the computer was restarted. I monkeyed around with the video card (Opened her up, took it out, put it back in) and that didn't work so then I dropped my resolution to the lowest setting for 10 minutes, reverted to the normal reso. then I updated my drivers and it works.
My monitor just blacks out, and I hear a buzz sound. I have to shut off the power...

I rebooted in safe mode and rolled it back a few days, but it happened again. Not sure WTF is going on. Perhaps the vid card is dying.

ChiefWhiteHorse

Scrofula
A little town called none of ya god damn bidness
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My monitor just blacks out, and I hear a buzz sound. I have to shut off the power...

I rebooted in safe mode and rolled it back a few days, but it happened again. Not sure WTF is going on. Perhaps the vid card is dying.

Yeah that's the problem I was having! And thats what I attributed it to. Like I said though the thing that fixed it was me temporarily lowering my settings so I can't really offer too much help to you.

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mine crashed 3 damn times tonight... and its new. Pisses me off.

I'd return it, but I already replaced the power supply and the video card.

Yeah that's the problem I was having! And thats what I attributed it to. Like I said though the thing that fixed it was me temporarily lowering my settings so I can't really offer too much help to you.

Don't fap so close to the computer.

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
get a mac!

ha ha ha

had to say it

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Depending on the card and the type of buzz you're hearing it could be a loose or dirty or dying cooling fan somewhere. If it's a laptop try turning it off and gently blow out the exhaust vents with compressed air. For desktops open the case and check that all fans are running when the PC is powered on, again clean them with compressed air to see if that helps. Video card fans can be a bitch to replace, sometimes it easier to just to get a new card.