• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Angels opt out of their stadium lease in Anaheim

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The football/baseball combo venues have pretty well gone away except in Oakland, and that's about to end when the Raiders got to Vegas, and it needs to stay that way.

Angels to Montreal. Calling it now.
I agree the Angels need to move. They are in Dodger territory and the Dodgers will always be the favorite team, so why not move to Montreal.

poprocksncoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Los Angeles Angels of London!

Taking a page out of the NFL's book.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Antonio would love to have the angels

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Angels Opt Out Of Ballpark Lease

Doesn't say when they're gonna be out. I thought Angel Stadium was nice for an older park. Much nicer than that shithole the Dodgers play in.

So does this mean new stadium, same city, relocation, contraction or renegotiating their lease on the current stadium?
The Dodgers stadium is vintage though and as long as they are winning, it will continue to be filled. The Angels wants the Los Angeles name in front of them and the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim to fulfill their contractual obligations to the city of Anaheim simply doesn't cut it - and yet where are they going to go? I haven't heard of any plans to build a new stadium for them. I like the Angels stadium and wished the Dodgers played their, but it seems a little small to me for a venue to play ball - but I've never been in it and could be wrong

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard Cleveland is looking for a second team, would make sense.