• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And then there were three...

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indiana upset Wisconsin tonight...

Arizona
Cuse
Wichita St.

Only undefeated teams left. Who will go down next?

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, AZ has a tough road trip to NorCal at the end of the month. It wasn't on my radar at the beginning of the season, but Monty has got those guys ready to play again, and Stanford is proving resilient. That won't be an easy weekend.

I'm not really worried about when the other teams lose, nor can I even speculate.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the top of the BIG is quite a bit tougher than those other conferences.. so I didn't see Wisky going unbeaten for long, but I didn't think it'd be to Indiana.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the top of the BIG is quite a bit tougher than those other conferences.. so I didn't see Wisky going unbeaten for long, but I didn't think it'd be to Indiana.

I'm not so sure about that. Seems to me that Ohio State and Michigan last year were excellent...and Indiana was way better last year. Wisconsin has done very well until the other night and, IMO they will lose a couple of more games before the tournament. We all thought the SEC would be down and Kentucky great and that is not the case. IMO, Arkansas, Florida, and Kentucky are the 3 best teams and I don't see a final 4 team in there either. When all is said and done, IMO the ACC will be the strongest conference by year's end and Arizona and Syracuse will be number 1 seeds. Still too much ball remaining and with teams improving along with injuries; it's hard to see how this sorts out. Probably unknown to the rest of the planet, Florida is really struggling with injuries and hopefully Billy D will sit some folks and forgo the rankings and get our boys back to full strength.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so sure about that. Seems to me that Ohio State and Michigan last year were excellent...and Indiana was way better last year. Wisconsin has done very well until the other night and, IMO they will lose a couple of more games before the tournament. We all thought the SEC would be down and Kentucky great and that is not the case. IMO, Arkansas, Florida, and Kentucky are the 3 best teams and I don't see a final 4 team in there either. When all is said and done, IMO the ACC will be the strongest conference by year's end and Arizona and Syracuse will be number 1 seeds. Still too much ball remaining and with teams improving along with injuries; it's hard to see how this sorts out. Probably unknown to the rest of the planet, Florida is really struggling with injuries and hopefully Billy D will sit some folks and forgo the rankings and get our boys back to full strength.

i strongly disagree with you on this. People are saying that Pitt is the second best team in that league! I watched them last night, and if they are indeed the second best the ACC has to offer you will have approx 1 team make the sweet 16

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i strongly disagree with you on this. People are saying that Pitt is the second best team in that league! I watched them last night, and if they are indeed the second best the ACC has to offer you will have approx 1 team make the sweet 16

Do you think Ohio State, Michigan and Indiana are as good this year as last?

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think Ohio State, Michigan and Indiana are as good this year as last?

not at all. but i said nothing about the Big 10, i spoke directly to your acc point.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From top to bottom the ACC may be better than the BIG, but not at the very top. I'm not real impressed w/Pitt and they're probably #2 right now. Cuse is a beast, but I think they're at the top by themselves and no one else in that conf. is even close.

The SEC is a good step below both the ACC and BIG. I can't say that I've watched a game where any of their teams look elite to me.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From top to bottom the ACC may be better than the BIG, but not at the very top. I'm not real impressed w/Pitt and they're probably #2 right now. Cuse is a beast, but I think they're at the top by themselves and no one else in that conf. is even close.

The SEC is a good step below both the ACC and BIG. I can't say that I've watched a game where any of their teams look elite to me.

I have to agree with that...don't like it, but agree that the SEC does not have the top to bottom talent as does the ACC and the B1G.... That said, the top two SEC; Kentucky and Florida have done quite well in the NC tournament over the past decade....and just might do OK this year as well.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not at all. but i said nothing about the Big 10, i spoke directly to your acc point.

Sorry about that, You could be right and maybe I'm sadly waiting for Duke, North Carolina, and Louisville to show up. That said, which conference do you like better?

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to agree with that...don't like it, but agree that the SEC does not have the top to bottom talent as does the ACC and the B1G.... That said, the top two SEC; Kentucky and Florida have done quite well in the NC tournament over the past decade....and just might do OK this year as well.

I know very little about UF right now. It seems that if they're healthy then they're definitely a contender.. UK was the talent to compete as well, but they need to find some outside shooting. I'm not buying it from A&M though.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry about that, You could be right and maybe I'm sadly waiting for Duke, North Carolina, and Louisville to show up. That said, which conference do you like better?

The Big10 is most certainly the strongest conference IMO. While OSU is not as strong as their start suggested, they can still challenge any team in the country on any given night. I think Michigan will end up being a good team as well. I think the Big 12 has some depth this year, with teams like Texas, KSU, Oklahoma all looking better than I originally expected them to be. The Pac does as well (although the Dinwiddie loss crushes the second best team in our league). Honestly I think the overall quality of the ACC is probably 3rd, I am just not sure which conference will end up second. Most of that being because they have, simply, a LOT of mediocre teams and only one team I think is very good. Next year will be a whole different ballgame, ACC is going to be the best conference no doubt, but this year is a very down year

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Big10 is most certainly the strongest conference IMO. While OSU is not as strong as their start suggested, they can still challenge any team in the country on any given night. I think Michigan will end up being a good team as well. I think the Big 12 has some depth this year, with teams like Texas, KSU, Oklahoma all looking better than I originally expected them to be. The Pac does as well (although the Dinwiddie loss crushes the second best team in our league). Honestly I think the overall quality of the ACC is probably 3rd, I am just not sure which conference will end up second. Most of that being because they have, simply, a LOT of mediocre teams and only one team I think is very good. Next year will be a whole different ballgame, ACC is going to be the best conference no doubt, but this year is a very down year

They are a weird team this year. They go hot and cold in just about every game they play. They are out of it, and just like that they turn up the D, hit some shots and they are right back in it. They have the chance to be very dangerous in the tourney, but Ross and Smith seem to have forgotten how to score. If those two can figure it out, OSU will be right up there again.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know very little about UF right now. It seems that if they're healthy then they're definitely a contender.. UK was the talent to compete as well, but they need to find some outside shooting. I'm not buying it from A&M though.

We have no inside size and a small bench....but that defense is excellent. Three of our best players are banged up: Young, Praither, and Wilbecon. Billy D. really needs to give those guys a rest and get them healthy; even at the expense of losing to some teams who are not that good. Only losses are nail-biters to Wisconsin(neutral court) and UConn( away) and we were missing key players for both games. I think its fair to say we have no stars, however have 7 excellent players that will hold their own against anybody.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have no inside size and a small bench....but that defense is excellent. Three of our best players are banged up: Young, Praither, and Wilbecon. Billy D. really needs to give those guys a rest and get them healthy; even at the expense of losing to some teams who are not that good. Only losses are nail-biters to Wisconsin(neutral court) and UConn( away) and we were missing key players for both games. I think its fair to say we have no stars, however have 7 excellent players that will hold their own against anybody.

Well, they seem to be doing alright. As long as you guys can keep playing D and get some good guard play, you should be good to go in the tourney.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd love to see AZ's top 7 against UF's top 7.

:suds:

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to see AZ's top 7 against UF's top 7.

:suds:

I remember last years game. We had the lead the entire game and you beat us on a last second shot to end it. :clap: I was in shock.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember last years game. We had the lead the entire game and you beat us on a last second shot to end it. :clap: I was in shock.

both games the last two years were INTENSE. Hope we can resume that series because there aren't enough "unnatural" rivalries in college basketball and what a great one it would be. I think I speak for most UA fans when I say that we respect the hell outta what Billy D has done at Florida, and love that he was willing to schedule the home and home series with Miller. When Lute was here we would consistently play tough nonconference games (I remember once playing UNC in the middle of the conference season, that was awesome!).