• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And the new head coach for Tennessee is.......

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No No No, some Okie fans already threatened to bet with paypal accounts that that would never happen. Stoops is done.
I'm still up for that if'n you wanna.

I'll take all people interested in taking that bet.

As much money as you're willing to part with.

For real.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still up for that if'n you wanna.

I'll take all people interested in taking that bet.

As much money as you're willing to part with.

For real.

I'm not convinced Bob Stoops is done. But I'm not trying to lose any money to you rich okie's.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not convinced Bob Stoops is done. But I'm not trying to lose any money to you rich okie's.

I decided to google states with the most trailer homes. The internet is an amazing tool.

Percent of Housing Units That are Mobile Homes statistics - states compared worldwide - StateMaster

1. South Carolina
4. West Virginia
20. Oklahoma

SEC is well represented on that list

B1G, not so much.

SEC = 7 States + two 1/2 state
Big 12 = 2 States
PAC 12 = 2 States
ACC = 1 state + two 1/2 states
Others = South Dakota, Wyoming, Montana, Delaware, Idaho, New Mexico
B1G = 0

Why would people in Oklahoma, tornado capitol state, want to own a trailer home?

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No problem. Be thorough. I understand.

I know some folks who know him and I hear things. That's the only reason I would think about taking someone's money.

I don't take many chances on things, even silly things like avatar bets. I'm fairly competitive and I'm not proud of it.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I decided to google states with the most trailer homes. The internet is an amazing tool.

Percent of Housing Units That are Mobile Homes statistics - states compared worldwide - StateMaster

1. South Carolina
4. West Virginia
20. Oklahoma

SEC is well represented on that list

B1G, not so much.

SEC = 7 States + two 1/2 state
Big 12 = 2 States
PAC 12 = 2 States
ACC = 1 state + two 1/2 states
Others = South Dakota, Wyoming, Montana, Delaware, Idaho, New Mexico
B1G = 0

Why would people in Oklahoma, tornado capitol state, want to own a trailer home?
I'm not sure we're the capitol any more. Texas and Kansas have had more in the last 25 years I think.

Trailers are ok as long as you have a shelter to go in when need be.

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Owning and living in a trailer is better than paying rent for an apartment.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the new head coach for Tennessee is...
Les Miles
Sonny Cumbie
David Cutcliffe
Justin Fuente
Scott Frost
Charlie Strong
Lane Kiffin (hmmmm)
Bobby Petrino

I didn't take this first list seriously since it included Lane Kiffen & at least one coach I'd never heard of (Sonny Cumbie) & another I know very little about (Scott Frost). But, here's my thoughts on the rest of the original list:

Les Miles - would probably cost too much & would want a big buyout in his contract. I'm not sure he fits at UT, anyway.

David Cutcliffe - a reasonable pick, but there's probably been too many bridges burned between the school & the coach - and I think they would want to hire someone younger.

Justin Fuente - He's in a good situation at Va. Tech. Being in the weakest division of the ACC increases the Hokies' chances of making it to the league championship game in a given year. Why start over at a school that desperately needs a fresh mindset?

Charlie Strong - he's not going to be able to be any more successful here than he was at that other UT.

Bobby Petrino - he could be a fit, but he's got a pretty good gig right now. Not like he's gonna make it to an ACC championship game, though, as long as he's in the same division as a very dominant Clemson program.

Go!

I don't want Chip Kelly at all. I don't feel like he'd be a good fit in the SEC where you HAVE to be able to recruit.

My choices would be:
1. Jon Gruden
2. Justin Fuente
3. Bob Stoops
4. Dan Mullen
5. Brent Venables

You can tell this list was written by a Vols fan with blinders on. Jon Gruden isn't any closer to taking this job than he was the last time the Vols had this pipe dream.

I've already touched on Fuente.

Bob Stoops isn't going to come out of retirement to coach what optimistically might be the 4th best team in the SEC - but could soon be as low as 9th best.

Dan Mullen is not likely to leave MSU unless he gets offered the Florida job - unless someone at Baton Rouge or College Station comes calling.

Brent Venables - if he is itching for a head coaching job - might consider Tennessee; but on the other hand, he may be as committed to Clemson as Bud Foster is to Virginia Tech, and not entertain any thoughts about moving on.

rsw626

Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rest assured, after a long, extensive, and thorough search, in which the AD says they have the right guy, the next coach will be another shit show.