• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And the MVP is.....

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lebron getting the MVP hurts the ego of some people. Somewhere the authorities are restraining Sman so he cant swallow some liquid drano and end it all.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see why he won it, but those Shaq years he was overlooked because of the perceived "dominant team"...he nor Kobe nor Phill were recognized yet it has been the most dominant franchise in the 2000's... So yeah, Lebron is the best player in the game and perhaps deserved it, not arguing that, but his team is stacked where I think Chris Paul, Durant, Melo and Duncan have done a lot more with a lot less... But if for this year we are going off stats alone Lebron should win hands down...

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^ I agree. I never understood why Shaq didn't have a lock on the MVP every year during that run. It was pretty obvious every other team in the league would have traded their mother to have him.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the fact that Steve Nash has two MVPs and Shaq has one is an absolute crime.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see why he won it, but those Shaq years he was overlooked because of the perceived "dominant team"...he nor Kobe nor Phill were recognized yet it has been the most dominant franchise in the 2000's... So yeah, Lebron is the best player in the game and perhaps deserved it, not arguing that, but his team is stacked where I think Chris Paul, Durant, Melo and Duncan have done a lot more with a lot less... But if for this year we are going off stats alone Lebron should win hands down...

Duncan is great, but doesn't put up the stats.

Paul foesn't have as much all-around game that LBJ has so hard to beat him out. Even though he is a great leader and all. The clip might have the most talent on one team in the league, injury bug hit em this year.

Durabt does have a good case though.

piss-tons

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaq's should have been unanimous but one person voted for AI I think, and got a lot of death threats and stuff, and this was without twitter and all that. I think Lebron gets the unanimous MVP this year because he is obviously going to win it and no one wants the threats coming their way.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why shouldn't he get the award, I know it has a lot to do with success, but give a reason stats wise.
i already said why...he is a great player but the heat is a loaded team....they would have won 60 without lebron with that roster....take away durant and the thunder are not nearly as good

Why change the criteria now, when it's been the same for many many years?

You seriously think Griffin had an MVP calibre type season?

was thinking paul for clippers....guess griffin just got stuck in my head

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i already said why...he is a great player but the heat is a loaded team....they would have won 60 without lebron with that roster....take away durant and the thunder are not nearly as good

Paul doesn't even compare on the defensive end.......Lebron was clearly, and BY FAR the MVP.

All this senseless Lebron hate has to stop. There is not another player in the league that can defend literally every position on the floor, then turn around and give you 30 a night.....not one.

Paul is a great player......but he's not even vaguely close to being MVP over Lebron, that's just silly talk.

LeBron MVP

I'm in the building
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Shaq's should have been unanimous but one person voted for AI I think, and got a lot of death threats and stuff, and this was without twitter and all that. I think Lebron gets the unanimous MVP this year because he is obviously going to win it and no one wants the threats coming their way.

I think it also has to do with standing out as a hater if you voted otherwise. LeBron was clearly the MVP this season.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 4 other players have won 4+ MVP awards; Kareem, Russell, Jordan, and Wilt. That's elite company but Lebron isn't quite at their level historically. Lebron though is in the prime of his career. He still has several years to accumulate more stats, awards, and most importantly titles to be in that discussion for GOAT. He doesn't look like he'll be slowing down anytime soon.

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again Awards Voted on are meaningless. The MVP award lost all credibiity when guys like Nash, Nowitizki,Garnett and even Duncan started winning the award over Shaq and Kobe...It became a P.C. award. It was ruined. You can't have Nash with 2 and Shaq and Kobe 1. But when players are hated like Kobe it doesn't matter that their the best player in the game, the media wasn't going to give them the award. So now you have an Asterisk award..

What really counts is acheivements EARNED on the court. Not voted on. Let's be realistic, if Championships were voted on Lebron would have 7 rings by now, instead of ZERO (non-asterisk).

Espn will tell you every night that Lebron is the best player in the league. However, what got better about Lebron? Answer; his teammates went from very good in Cleveleand to superstars and allstars in Miami. So now he can't help but win rings. However, without all these stars around him, he's still the same gutless choker that falls apart every year under pressure.

Lebron is the same guy that got swept in the finals shooting 29 pct. The same guy that won 2 bronze medals. The same guy that humiliated himself against Dallas in the finals. And even last year Durant clearly outplayed Lebron in the finals (scoring more points, more 4th qtr points shooting a higher fg pct.) However Lebron's teammates bailed his choking ass out again.

Give the guy 10 regular season mvp's. They're meaningless. Legitimate rings are what counts. And till Lebron wins some rings without 4 superstars on his team no one counts them anyway.

peace!!!

MJ23

Rousey
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He only has one superstar on his team, D-Wade. Bosh is an All-star, Allen is way toooooo old. Great role player though. I like Memphis lineup better.

MJ23

Rousey
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe has had the most help the past 15 yrs, so stop whining!

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It became a P.C. award. It was ruined. You can't have Nash with 2 and Shaq and Kobe 1.

So Kobes lone MVP is an asterisk award? Sounds like sour grapes to me.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you DO realize the Eagle sitch is the only reason he has one, right...?

pretty sure you do...

course that was his own doing...

I have no idea what you are talking about??? :wtf2:

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea what you are talking about??? :wtf2:

Eagle, Colorado. you know, the thing ALL us Lakers fans get a hard time for. Kobe had a REAL good chance at winning the MVP that season if he wasn't accused of r*pe in Colorado. just sayin'...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagle, Colorado. you know, the thing ALL us Lakers fans get a hard time for. Kobe had a REAL good chance at winning the MVP that season if he wasn't accused of r*pe in Colorado. just sayin'...
OK. Now I get you. That would have been some bad PR for the league. That wasn't anyones fault but Kobes. He lost that MVP on his own. Nobody made him cheat on his wife.