• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And....STILL UNDEFEATED....

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can look at all the stats in the world and it doesn't mean a thing. Match-ups are the key. My feeling is Notre Dame had the best chance to beat Kentucky because of their personnel and how they utilize them. Also Notre Dame is a lot better team now than they were in January as they won they won the ACC title beating two very good teams. No surprise to me as I had Notre Dame losing to Kentucky in my sheet. Also had Arizona beating Wisconsin...didn't count on Dekker and Kaminsky throwing up long 3's and making them at an incredible percentage. Also thought that Arizona's athletes were better which also was not the case which causes me to believe had that team been in the ACC or Big 10, things would have been a lot different. I thought their better athletes would have shut Dekker down...didn't happen.

You make it sound like Dekker is some unathletic schmuck that any decent team can defend. He's not. Dekker by all accounts the best player at the LeBron James Skills Academy this summer, a camp which was loaded with NBA prospects. He's been a projected first rounder for years now, and will likely go somewhere between 10 and 20.

He played the first month and a half through injury. After that, he's had about 15.5 PPG despite not shooting the deep ball well at all. If Sam could have drilled threes like this all year, his athleticism would make him an All-American. He's showed that so far this tourney, where he won Region MOP over the likely Wooden Award winner.

When the best offense of the last decade statistically shreds the #6 defense of the last decade, why is the storyline "that defense actually sucked." Why isn't it, "Holy Shit, that offense is good?" I just don't get it. If we were Kentucky or Duke, everyone would be talking about how we have the best offense anyone has seen since UNLV. But since we are a bunch of white boys who play at Wisconsin, it's always "that defense is overrated." Arizona didn't lose because they were overrated or lacked athletes, whatever that means. They lost because they run into a buzzsaw.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You make it sound like Dekker is some unathletic schmuck that any decent team can defend. He's not. Dekker by all accounts the best player at the LeBron James Skills Academy this summer, a camp which was loaded with NBA prospects. He's been a projected first rounder for years now, and will likely go somewhere between 10 and 20.

He played the first month and a half through injury. After that, he's had about 15.5 PPG despite not shooting the deep ball well at all. If Sam could have drilled threes like this all year, his athleticism would make him an All-American. He's showed that so far this tourney, where he won Region MOP over the likely Wooden Award winner.

When the best offense of the last decade statistically shreds the #6 defense of the last decade, why is the storyline "that defense actually sucked." Why isn't it, "Holy Shit, that offense is good?" I just don't get it. If we were Kentucky or Duke, everyone would be talking about how we have the best offense anyone has seen since UNLV. But since we are a bunch of white boys who play at Wisconsin, it's always "that defense is overrated." Arizona didn't lose because they were overrated or lacked athletes, whatever that means. They lost because they run into a buzzsaw.

As I see it, Wisconsin is a two-trick pony: Kaminsky and Dekker as they score the majority of the points. Notre Dame spreads their points around and Kentucky does the same, although Notre Dame had no answer for KAT; and nor does Wisconsin. A team that can run and shoot 3's can beat Kentucky on Kentucky's bad day. Wisconsin can shoot 3's but Kaminsky will not get down the floor fast enough to deal with Culley-Stein.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I see it, Wisconsin is a two-trick pony: Kaminsky and Dekker as they score the majority of the points. Notre Dame spreads their points around and Kentucky does the same, although Notre Dame had no answer for KAT; and nor does Wisconsin. A team that can run and shoot 3's can beat Kentucky on Kentucky's bad day. Wisconsin can shoot 3's but Kaminsky will not get down the floor fast enough to deal with Culley-Stein.

Cool. I hope Kentucky thinks the same thing. Sadly, Calipari doesn't have a short memory like you do. Last year, Kentucky tried the "Wisconsin has 2 scorers...if we shut them down, we win" strategy. Frank and Sam combined for seven field goals, and all we did was score 73 points in 63 possessions.

Bronson Koenig has averaged about 12 PPG since he became a starter. Nigel Hayes has 12.4 PPG on the year. Traevon Jackson had 11 PPG last year. Josh Gasser is a 1,000 point scorer. Duje Dukan's stats are small because his defense means he can't stay on the floor for long, but the guy is a great offensive weapon.

The idea that we are a "two-trick pony" because Kaminsky and Dekker score a lot is silly. Kaminsky and Dekker score a lot because they are ridiculous offensive talents, but no, we are not a "two-trick pony." That's just another example of your ignorance in slighting our offense.

shabazz916

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool. I hope Kentucky thinks the same thing. Sadly, Calipari doesn't have a short memory like you do. Last year, Kentucky tried the "Wisconsin has 2 scorers...if we shut them down, we win" strategy. Frank and Sam combined for seven field goals, and all we did was score 73 points in 63 possessions.

Bronson Koenig has averaged about 12 PPG since he became a starter. Nigel Hayes has 12.4 PPG on the year. Traevon Jackson had 11 PPG last year. Josh Gasser is a 1,000 point scorer. Duje Dukan's stats are small because his defense means he can't stay on the floor for long, but the guy is a great offensive weapon.

The idea that we are a "two-trick pony" because Kaminsky and Dekker score a lot is silly. Kaminsky and Dekker score a lot because they are ridiculous offensive talents, but no, we are not a "two-trick pony." That's just another example of your ignorance in slighting our offense.
and it worked because kentucky won.. now kentucky is a better deeper team

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't watch a ton of basketball this year, and really only watched Wisc play in the conf. championship game.. but I had no idea Dekker was that good. He's a very big guy who can shoot from anywhere. One thing UK will see from Wisc is a team with 3 or 4 big guys who can shoot the lights out from behind the arc. ND just didn't have the size to shoot over anyone. They came in with a great game plan and used a good amount of clearing out and backdoor cuts to get the job done. I consider Ryan to be one of the best coaches in the game. I'm sure he'll have some tricks up his sleeve as well. This game against wisc will for sure be interesting.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't watch a ton of basketball this year, and really only watched Wisc play in the conf. championship game.. but I had no idea Dekker was that good. He's a very big guy who can shoot from anywhere. One thing UK will see from Wisc is a team with 3 or 4 big guys who can shoot the lights out from behind the arc. ND just didn't have the size to shoot over anyone. They came in with a great game plan and used a good amount of clearing out and backdoor cuts to get the job done. I consider Ryan to be one of the best coaches in the game. I'm sure he'll have some tricks up his sleeve as well. This game against wisc will for sure be interesting.

Dekker certainly has upped his game this past month and Kentucky will have to have a man on him at all times. I suspect they will Platoon Lee and Lyles and try to take him completely out of the game. I'm about the only person who thinks Kentucky will win big so chances are it will be a good game.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dekker certainly has upped his game this past month and Kentucky will have to have a man on him at all times. I suspect they will Platoon Lee and Lyles and try to take him completely out of the game. I'm about the only person who thinks Kentucky will win big so chances are it will be a good game.

I don't know what to think. I guess I give the advantage to UK as well, but they haven't looked good against teams that have come in and played tough against them. I think that WVU was a fluke now. WVU just had no business being in that game. I keep hearing in other posts that Wisc doesn't have the speed, but I watch UK, and their guards don't seem to be quick either. The close games they've been winning is because the otehr team has to just stand there and let Towns score on them. If Wisc can keep a big body on him, I think they have a legit shot and winning this + Towns will have to figure out how to stay outta foul trouble.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kemtucky and Wisconsin should be a good match and might be better than the actual final game.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

73 points on 63 possessions, darn. Y'all win that game?

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love it. Dude who's team gets knocked out talks shit about the state an undefeated team plays in. Hate to break it to you, but Kentucky has done a lot more for American culture than Arizona ever will and it isn't in a fucking desert and will be a ghost town once yall finally drain Lake Meade.

Kentucky has brought us countless great musicians, horse racing, America's most famous fried chicken and a leader in the coal industry.

Arizona is only famous for a hole in the ground and fucking sand.
Damn dude where would America be without Kentucky? Fried chicken and horse racing? I don't know who can compete with that. Hell if it weren't for Kentucky we may have never won WW2.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best measure of who's better is who is still playing and who is not. Even if Duke loses today, they were a 1 seed and had a better season than Zona. If they win, they are in the final four. Arizona is what they are.....one of the top 8 teams in the country, regular season and post season, nothing more nothing less
WOOOOO MICHIGAN STATE IS A TOP 4 TEAM THIS YEAR!!!!

The year starts in March, right?

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn dude where would America be without Kentucky? Fried chicken and horse racing? I don't know who can compete with that. Hell if it weren't for Kentucky we may have never won WW2.

And Hustler. Don't forget about Larry Flynt dude.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm willing to bet a large sum that there were more soldiers from kentucky fighting in WW2 than there were from Arizona.

Seriously what has Arizona given the rest of the Country besides a place where retired people go to die?

And if you don't like fried chicken, you can kiss my white ass.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOOOOO MICHIGAN STATE IS A TOP 4 TEAM THIS YEAR!!!!

The year starts in March, right?
I guarantee you, if MSU wins it, the banner will read "National Champion". Arizona has one that says " we could have beaten UK last year even though we lost to Wisconsin and they beat Wisconsin and we wish we could play them this year, even though they are undefeated and Wisconsin just kicked our ass again"

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guarantee you, if MSU wins it, the banner will read "National Champion". Arizona has one that says " we could have beaten UK last year even though we lost to Wisconsin and they beat Wisconsin and we wish we could play them this year, even though they are undefeated and Wisconsin just kicked our ass again"
And I guarantee you, if MSU wins it, Kentucky fans will say they were the better team.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I guarantee you, if MSU wins it, Kentucky fans will say they were the better team.
Not me. All 4 teams know what's at stake, and they have a week to get ready. The best team is gonna win

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You know what we also have, you redneck piece of shit? A banner that says '97 National Champion. You know what you have hanging in your extremely impressive rafters? A '97 National Runner-Up Banner. Talk all you want, but you'll never be able to take that away from us.

UKnation87

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what we also have, you redneck piece of shit? A banner that says '97 National Champion. You know what you have hanging in your extremely impressive rafters? A '97 National Runner-Up Banner. Talk all you want, but you'll never be able to take that away from us.

8 > 1

Just saying...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO, that one little banner is so much toilet paper compared to the 8, soon to be 9 hanging at Rupp. And if Rick had played Derek Anderson (UK's best player by far), who was cleared to play, you'd still have none because that overtime game would have been a double digit loss you Zona. Congrats....your shit program is the Trent Dilfer of college basketball. A broke watch is right twice a day, but Arizona basketball is only right once in it's existence.