• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And....STILL UNDEFEATED....

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we were a shit team like Arizona, it's obvious they would. If Wisconsin can beat UK, they will prove it next week. If they can't, then you're full of shit. The only thing we know for sure is that Arizona has lost in the last 5 Elite 8's they've played in. Now you and TJ go have a good cry
Shit team? Haha! Dude at least I acknowledge which teams are good and which aren't. You just called a 34-4 elite 8 team with multiple NBA prospects "shit"

Get your act together noob.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit team? Haha! Dude at least I acknowledge which teams are good and which aren't. You just called a 34-4 elite 8 team with multiple NBA prospects "shit"

Get your act together noob.
And you said something to the tune of my wife/cousin. That's fine, you can say a lot from behind your keyboard that you damn sure wouldn't say in person. In the mean time, your team is done. Hit the recruiting trail, come back when you are worthy

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you said something to the tune of my wife/cousin. That's fine, you can say a lot from behind your keyboard that you damn sure wouldn't say in person. In the mean time, your team is done. Hit the recruiting trail, come back when you are worthy
Really not worried about recruiting. Sean Miller does a fine job of that.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's all calm down and bang AZ-Dback's avy..

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't afford it brah..

We don't have to do it individually. I was thinking more of a group effort. Everybody chips in a quarter... you know... enough to get her a few things off the dollar menu at McDonald's, or if we get enough people maybe spring for something really nice like Arby's. You know a jamocha shake will get her in the right mood.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't have to do it individually. I was thinking more of a group effort. Everybody chips in a quarter... you know... enough to get her a few things off the dollar menu at McDonald's, or if we get enough people maybe spring for something really nice like Arby's. You know a jamocha shake will get her in the right mood.
I'll buy her some extra Catsup for her medium fries..

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why all the hate for Kentucky? I want t see Michigan State win it all (because I am a homer). If not Michigan State, then Wisconsin (B1G thing). After that Duke or Utah, but I have no hate for Kentucky.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
38-0 In my opinion, ND would easily have beaten Arizona tonight

You can't actually believe this.

Arizona scored 78 points in 64 possessions against the #55 defense. Notre Dame is statistically the #103 defense, giving up 3% more points. So Arizona statistically scores 81 points in 64 possessions against Notre Dame.

Notre Dame scored 66 points on 57 possessions against the #1 defense. Arizona is statistically the #3 defense, giving up 3% more points. If you move that out to 64 possessions, Notre Dame is projected to score 76 points against Arizona.

So yes, Arizona was statistically five points better than Notre Dame yesterday. I make the assumption here that both teams played their usual defense, which I think I have to because there is no fair way to adjust for our shooting or your height mismatch. You can claim that maybe that affects the numbers a bit, but there is no way "Notre Dame would have easily beaten Arizona" last night. That's just horseshit.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't actually believe this.

Arizona scored 78 points in 64 possessions against the #55 defense. Notre Dame is statistically the #103 defense, giving up 3% more points. So Arizona statistically scores 81 points in 64 possessions against Notre Dame.

Notre Dame scored 66 points on 57 possessions against the #1 defense. Arizona is statistically the #3 defense, giving up 3% more points. If you move that out to 64 possessions, Notre Dame is projected to score 76 points against Arizona.

So yes, Arizona was statistically five points better than Notre Dame yesterday. I make the assumption here that both teams played their usual defense, which I think I have to because there is no fair way to adjust for our shooting or your height mismatch. You can claim that maybe that affects the numbers a bit, but there is no way "Notre Dame would have easily beaten Arizona" last night. That's just horseshit.
I do believe it. ND beat Duke, who is certainly better than Arizona, and nearly beat UK.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love it. Dude who's team gets knocked out talks shit about the state an undefeated team plays in. Hate to break it to you, but Kentucky has done a lot more for American culture than Arizona ever will and it isn't in a fucking desert and will be a ghost town once yall finally drain Lake Meade.

Kentucky has brought us countless great musicians, horse racing, America's most famous fried chicken and a leader in the coal industry.

Arizona is only famous for a hole in the ground and fucking sand.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Youre just praising the Lord the committee put AZ and Wisky in the same region. No way UK would get through both of them.
There's a real simple solution....play better. Play well enough in the regular season to get a 1 seed this year. Play well enough to beat Wisconsin like we did last season. Your gaining on Mcconnell for most tears shed over a game

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do believe it. ND beat Duke, who is certainly better than Arizona, and nearly beat UK.

Duke isn't "certainly" better than Arizona. That's ridiculous. The best measurement of teams is efficiency, and every efficiency metric favors Arizona. Arizona has a .9647 pyth, which is #2 in the country and better than every non-champion in the last decade except 2011 Ohio State and 2008 Memphis. Duke has a .9486 pyth, which is #6 in the country. And for the record, Notre Dame is #9 with a .9206.

Statistically, Arizona is closer to Kentucky than Duke is to Arizona. And the gap between Arizona and Notre Dame is bigger than the gap between Notre Dame and #17 Iowa State.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a real simple solution....play better. Play well enough in the regular season to get a 1 seed this year. Play well enough to beat Wisconsin like we did last season. Your gaining on Mcconnell for most tears shed over a game

They did. That is why they have every right to be pissed. Arizona deserved a 1 seed over either Villanova and Duke (especially the latter) and got screwed by playing us too early.

It's not like they are alone. We shouldn't be playing you either. We had a better record than Duke playing an identical schedule. We would have had the same record as Nova if you take out the game where Frank sat out and Trae broke his foot (as the commitee should have done) playing a much tougher schedule.

Both teams in the Kentucky/Wisconsin game have every right to be pissed. These are the two best teams in America, and we should be playing for the title. If you lose, you would be just as correct to say that you got screwed out of the title game as it is for Arizona to say they got screwed out of the Final Four. The difference is that the Final Four means a lot more to Arizona because of their (and their coach's) frustrating drought and reputation (wrongly) as being incapable of making the Final Four.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke isn't "certainly" better than Arizona. That's ridiculous. The best measurement of teams is efficiency, and every efficiency metric favors Arizona. Arizona has a .9647 pyth, which is #2 in the country and better than every non-champion in the last decade except 2011 Ohio State and 2008 Memphis. Duke has a .9486 pyth, which is #6 in the country. And for the record, Notre Dame is #9 with a .9206.

Statistically, Arizona is closer to Kentucky than Duke is to Arizona. And the gap between Arizona and Notre Dame is bigger than the gap between Notre Dame and #17 Iowa State.
The best measure of who's better is who is still playing and who is not. Even if Duke loses today, they were a 1 seed and had a better season than Zona. If they win, they are in the final four. Arizona is what they are.....one of the top 8 teams in the country, regular season and post season, nothing more nothing less

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best measure of who's better is who is still playing and who is not. Even if Duke loses today, they were a 1 seed and had a better season than Zona. If they win, they are in the final four. Arizona is what they are.....one of the top 8 teams in the country, regular season and post season, nothing more nothing less

That isn't true and you know it. So John Wall, Boogie Cousins, and company weren't a top four team? Butler (#9 KenPom) and Michigan State (#21 KenPom) were better than Kentucky (#3 KenPom) and Kansas (#2 KenPom)?

No. That's now how it works. One game does not matter for determining skill more than 35 other games. It's common sense and math that upsets happen. It doesn't magically rewrite history to make the winning team better. It's just that sometimes the better team loses.

And your argument gets taken to absurdities when it involves a case like Arizona. Arizona was the #2/#3 team this year, and they were playing us, the #2/#3 team in America statistically (if you take out the Rutgers game, we have better efficiency, which is why I say the 2/3 isn't concrete) in the quarters. Under your "it just is" argument, if the committee matched #1 Kentucky against #16 Duke (since you are so high on them) in the first round, the loser is the #33 team. Of course, you can't actually believe that. The committee just horribly mismatched teams there. The Arizona/Wisconsin match is less blatant because it is only one round too early, but the same principle applies.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can look at all the stats in the world and it doesn't mean a thing. Match-ups are the key. My feeling is Notre Dame had the best chance to beat Kentucky because of their personnel and how they utilize them. Also Notre Dame is a lot better team now than they were in January as they won they won the ACC title beating two very good teams. No surprise to me as I had Notre Dame losing to Kentucky in my sheet. Also had Arizona beating Wisconsin...didn't count on Dekker and Kaminsky throwing up long 3's and making them at an incredible percentage. Also thought that Arizona's athletes were better which also was not the case which causes me to believe had that team been in the ACC or Big 10, things would have been a lot different. I thought their better athletes would have shut Dekker down...didn't happen.