• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

An Era of Silliness in the NBA about to end this summer?

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ego-driven NBA draft class of 2003. LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony, Dwyane Wade.

Back in the day, we were taught that one of these three was going to be the next Jordan. We were taught that these three were going to be the next generation, to the level of Jordan/Magic/Bird. These kids had the national media fawning over them as early as their high school days. Their words were made out as gospel, and without any sense of accountability.

When success (titles) at the professional level didn't come as they had hoped, they began to join forces once they first hit unrestricted free agency during the turn of the decade. The notion of competitive spirit was ignored. It was all about them, and they didn't properly conduct themselves as men through the process of free agency.

Even as the Heat have managed to win two titles, each of their big three is either approaching or have surpassed age 30 (in Wade's case, he is 32), the athleticism these players have built their respective games around since their childhood is starting to decline. Could it be time for each of these individuals to latch on with younger talent?

Four of the top five picks from the 2003 class have the opportunity to opt out of his contract and become a free agent (the 5th of course, being Darko who is no longer in the league). How many, if any, of these players will turn the page and move on to a different organization?

The world is about to find out.

In 2010, LeBron got caught up in himself. He's not the only early-to-mid 20's kid to make that mistake. As fans and media alike, however, we were all guilty of making more of him as a man than what he was capable of.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's very possible Lebron could end up with 6 still. I never heard anybody say anyone is the next Jordan . Thats almost an impossibility.mmbut yes, high expectations of that class of players and in general they delivered.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ego-driven NBA draft class of 2003. LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony, Dwyane Wade.

Back in the day, we were taught that one of these three was going to be the next Jordan. We were taught that these three were going to be the next generation, to the level of Jordan/Magic/Bird. These kids had the national media fawning over them as early as their high school days. Their words were made out as gospel, and without any sense of accountability.

When success (titles) at the professional level didn't come as they had hoped, they began to join forces once they first hit unrestricted free agency during the turn of the decade. The notion of competitive spirit was ignored. It was all about them, and they didn't properly conduct themselves as men through the process of free agency.

Even as the Heat have managed to win two titles, each of their big three is either approaching or have surpassed age 30 (in Wade's case, he is 32), the athleticism these players have built their respective games around since their childhood is starting to decline. Could it be time for each of these individuals to latch on with younger talent?

Four of the top five picks from the 2003 class have the opportunity to opt out of his contract and become a free agent (the 5th of course, being Darko who is no longer in the league). How many, if any, of these players will turn the page and move on to a different organization?

The world is about to find out.

In 2010, LeBron got caught up in himself. He's not the only early-to-mid 20's kid to make that mistake. As fans and media alike, however, we were all guilty of making more of him as a man than what he was capable of.

You mean you actually listened to them believed all of that crap:laugh3::laugh3::lol::wtf2:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's very possible Lebron could end up with 6 still. I never heard anybody say anyone is the next Jordan . Thats almost an impossibility.mmbut yes, high expectations of that class of players and in general they delivered.

Hurricane is a child, that believed everything his parents told him. Obviously there is a maturity issue here if he was listening and being taught by the news media that surrounded those players when he should be have been learning his lessons in school.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Back in the day, we were taught that one of these three was going to be the next Jordan. We were taught that these three were going to be the next generation, to the level of Jordan/Magic/Bird

People are taught to believe their eyes.

At the young age that you currently are, you were taught growing up hearing or seeing.... "there's never going to be another Jordan, Bird or Magic."

Under the circumstances, you don't have the luxury of letting your eyes decide...just what you've been taught from a young age.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where to start...but everyone who responded pretty much summed up every thing...except that OP is a moron. OP, you are a moron. An Sman disciple, maybe you are Sman's gimmick account but I still can not figure out who Sman's puppeteer is. I have hunches though.

I guess all they left out is that your close minded, outdated, revisionist history is revised and outdated...and close minded. The big 3 joined together because in this new day and age of ever evolving athletes they realized that good things and success come to those who go out and take it. Relying on others to make the right decisions is a waste of time.

Please teach your children that good things come to those who wait, I will then explain to them that I am sick of waiting for my cheeseburger and I asked for no FUCKING PICKLES!!! I will teach my kids to be kind and respectful to all people, because maybe their parents didn't stress the necessity to make the most of their lives and their children should not be held accountable for the mistakes of their parents.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumb thread. It has always taken a minimum of 2 superstar/all-star caliber players to win titles. The only difference is how the Heat put theirs together.

The Lakers of the 80's had Kareem and Magic for all 5 of their titles.
The Celtics of the 80's had Bird, McHale and Parrish for their 3 titles.
Both the Lakers and Celtics of the 80's did an excellent job of adding all-star or close to all-star level players to assist in winning titles as well.

The Bulls of the 90's had MJ and Pippen and did an excellent job of adding other all-star quality players.
The Rockets who won back to back titles when MJ retired the first time, had Olajuwon, Kenny Smith and Otis Thorpe.
The 4 Spurs teams that won titles since 1999 had Tim Duncan and David Robinson or Tim Duncan, Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili.
The 5 Lakers teams that won titles since 2000 had Shaq and Kobe or Kobe and Pau.

The only team that has won a title that doesn't necessarily follow that formula was the Detroit Pistons.

The only difference between those teams and the Heat is that the Heat was a result of players wanting to play together and taking the deal to management rather than management putting it together themselves.

Same formula, just a different way of getting there.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumb thread.

...great post...

I have a really awesome GIF for this but it is borderline NSFW...so I will just stick with this one:

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumb thread. It has always taken a minimum of 2 superstar/all-star caliber players to win titles. The only difference is how the Heat put theirs together.

Both the Lakers and Celtics of the 80's did an excellent job of adding all-star or close to all-star level players to assist in winning titles as well.

The Bulls of the 90's had MJ and Pippen and did an excellent job of adding other all-star quality players.
The Rockets who won back to back titles when MJ retired the first time, had Olajuwon, Kenny Smith and Otis Thorpe.
The 4 Spurs teams that won titles since 1999 had Tim Duncan and David Robinson or Tim Duncan, Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili.
The 5 Lakers teams that won titles since 2000 had Shaq and Kobe or Kobe and Pau.

The only team that has won a title that doesn't necessarily follow that formula was the Detroit Pistons.

The only difference between those teams and the Heat is that the Heat was a result of players wanting to play together and taking the deal to management rather than management putting it together themselves.

Please see post rating here...

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are taught to believe their eyes.

My question is why and why would anyone with atleast some common sense believe everything they see? Believe your eyes in my opinion means you believe what you see without any questions whatsoever and in the real world things are seldom as they appear. I have seen thousands of payroll records that turned out to not be what I saw. I have seen marriages that looked happy, but weren't. Polic officers could give you thousands of cases where what they saw the first time is not what they thought. Considering Michael Jordan's first round draft pick of Kwame Brown, that alone should tell you how foolish it is to believe your eyes without investigation

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In fact, NBA championship teams average 3.875 Hall of Famers per team. Not all-stars... hall of famers.

In Defense of the King: The Myth About Winning NBA Championships Alone | Bleacher Report

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how each and every one of you have completely ignored 75% of my post.

Look, I know my above post is the voice of reason and that you're all jealous of me - You don't need to remind me of that, but at least get your facts in order.

Trojanfan, we all know that you've only been closely following the NBA since during Kobe's later titles and LeBron's impending free agency.

You don't need to pretend you know who Otis Thorpe is. In fact, if you didn't constantly conduct yourself like a spoiled diva, I could have taught you what it took to be a real basketball fan. We grow on trees here in Indiana.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like always a waste of thread and words by DJ. You want to know why posters only read 75% of your post, bc it's garbage/bs. There is no I in team. Think before you speak.

:suds:

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe you can the Mavericks when they won their title no too long ago. :nod:

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he gets 6 it'll be when he's late 30's and is a sub/Kobe type player with some team where he doesn't get solid minutes anymore

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron James really has been an obsessive topic of discussion among fans and message boards alike the last four years. And if the media ends up pressuring him into returning to Cleveland, I will not feel sorry for him one bit.

He made his own bed.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron James really has been an obsessive topic of discussion among fans and message boards alike the last four years. And if the media ends up pressuring him into returning to Cleveland, I will not feel sorry for him one bit.

He made his own bed.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone have any good French Toast recipes?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRyTaSflfqo]World's Best French Toast Recipe - YouTube[/ame]