• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

America's Team Hate and Smacktalk thread

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to argue the rule, but just like the Megatron play, I have no doubt at all that both players had control of the ball

Calvin clearly held the ball out in the right hand... a Royal Screw Job to deny the Lions a Game winning TD over the Bears. The CJ Rule got nailed down during the following off-season. It sucked because of the Double Standards. But by definition the CJ Rule should put every Official on the same page of it's interpretation... the Ground can't cause a Fumble on a Passing Play. Both were awesome incomplete passes.

I don't believe you since 105 of your 138 posts have been on this play or the picked up pass interference call from the Detroit game. Pretty much everything you post is a DEAD issue.

BTW, what's the name of this thread? Exactly, moot point.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calvin clearly held the ball out in the right hand... a Royal Screw Job to deny the Lions a Game winning TD over the Bears. The CJ Rule got nailed down during the following off-season. It sucked because of the Double Standards. But by definition the CJ Rule should put every Official on the same page of it's interpretation... the Ground can't cause a Fumble on a Passing Play. Both were awesome incomplete passes.

BTW, what's the name of this thread? Exactly, moot point.

I'm a big fan of your title. By the way, Howdy Capt

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"BTW, what's the name of this thread? Exactly, moot point. "

lol....right, smack talk is a safe zone for red hot opinions.
BTW....moot point is no where near the point of dead issue, but have at it anyways cause you're in the safe zone and all is fair game here

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said anything about Sam AFTER only BEFORE Dez feet touched the ground... it really doesn't make a difference to me the CJ Rule covers the whole play. Basically the Ground can't cause a Fumble during a Passing Play when your Falling... a lunge while falling doesn't negate the Rule.

The point is Shields hitting the ball had NOTHING to do with Dez losing control and NOTHING to do with the play, so why bring it up as if it was pertinent and then go on to tell us exactly where in the video we could find it???:noidea:

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn that play was beautiful.

It was until it was reviewed and called correctly.

The point is Shields hitting the ball had NOTHING to do with Dez losing control and NOTHING to do with the play, so why bring it up as if it was pertinent and then go on to tell us exactly where in the video we could find it???:noidea:

Scroll back to where it was said Dez had control of the ball and his feet were down. Just pointing out that Dez didn't have control.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No regardless of what was called - the play was still beautiful and will always be remembered. That will be shown thousands of times.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No regardless of what was called - the play was still beautiful and will always be remembered. That will be shown thousands of times.

The thing that stuck with me on the call is that it was ruled a catch on the field. I'm not going to argue letter of the law on the catch, but the rules clearly state, there has to be indisputable evidence for a call on the field to be overturned, and obviously, there wasn't.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And that's the rub for the NFL. They have to walk this fine line of what is a catch.

And when you have such a great catch, it makes people ask the question: Does the rule need evolve further.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was until it was reviewed and called correctly.

Scroll back to where it was said Dez had control of the ball and his feet were down. Just pointing out that Dez didn't have control.

You said:
"First of all... You might wanna watch it again if you think 2 feet down counts when Sam Shields knocks the ball loose. Dez Bryant lost lost control of the ball from the time you think it was a catch until 2 feet were down."

Well, what you said here is wrong too. Dez had possession after Shields hit the ball and before during and after he had two feet and actually three feet down and lunged for hte end zone. It wasn't until he hit the ground after all of this that he lost possession. I'm not disputing the call, just your description of what happened.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez had possession after Shields hit the ball and before during and after he had two feet and actually three feet down and lunged for hte end zone. It wasn't until he hit the ground after all of this that he lost possession. I'm not disputing the call, just your description of what happened.

If your calling control of the ball off of his shoulders as being in control of the ball, then we agree to disagree. I said Dez lost control of the ball twice... first with Sam Shields and then with the Ground. To lose control of the ball twice would mean at some point Dez would have to be in control. But it doesn't matter because the CJ Rule covers the whole play.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If your calling control of the ball off of his shoulders as being in control of the ball, then we agree to disagree. I said Dez lost control of the ball twice... first with Sam Shields and then with the Ground. To lose control of the ball twice would mean at some point Dez would have to be in control. But it doesn't matter because the CJ Rule covers the whole play.

Dez had control of the ball, and there is no way there was indisputable evidence to overturn the original call, as evidenced by half the experts still debating it. In the end, the Cowboys lost, not because of a call on the field, but because the Packers were the better team that day. The Cowboys won the week before for the same reason, they were the better team

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez had control of the ball, and there is no way there was indisputable evidence to overturn the original call, as evidenced by half the experts still debating it. In the end, the Cowboys lost, not because of a call on the field, but because the Packers were the better team that day. The Cowboys won the week before for the same reason, they were the better team

Not to mention there is probably not one single GB Packer player or fan who would have preferred to have lost to Dallas then to lose the way they did against the Hawks.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention there is probably not one single GB Packer player or fan who would have preferred to have lost to Dallas then to lose the way they did against the Hawks.

Correction ..that would be "have not preferred"