• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Amendola and Andre Brown FOR Fred Jackson?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking no to this deal, but I'm 4-5 and if I lose this week I'm finished. Amendola has a bye, Brown isn't expected to do much yet, and Jackson has a nice matchup vs PIT.

My only options for my flex are pretty much Andre Brown or Shonn Greene. I'm already playing Chris Johnson.

I have to think dealing those two for Fred Jackson would get me a win this week. It would also bolster my RB's. I'd have McCoy, CJ, and F Jackson. In a 12 team (non-PPR), that's not too shabby. However, my already thin WR's would really suffer. I'd only have Cruz, Bowe, Jennings, and R Randle.

Is it worth it? If I make that deal. Maybe I can deal Fred Jackson and Bowe/Jennings for a WR upgrade and then a RB I can plug into my flex before my trade deadline Wednesday? Hmm...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would only do it if you already had a 2nd deal for next week agreed upon and in place. It is likely that Brown will outscore Jackson for the rest of the season, just not this week.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would only do it if you already had a 2nd deal for next week agreed upon and in place. It is likely that Brown will outscore Jackson for the rest of the season, just not this week.

I'm really not sure if I buy all of this Brown hype.

The guy is coming off of his second leg break in as many years, and he's coming in very late into the season. I'm not saying he won't be decent, but you guys hype him like he's going to be a legit RB2 the rest of the way.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really not sure if I buy all of this Brown hype.

The guy is coming off of his second leg break in as many years, and he's coming in very late into the season. I'm not saying he won't be decent, but you guys hype him like he's going to be a legit RB2 the rest of the way.

3 comments:
1. it is irrelevant that he missed the whole season because he is active now
2. Giants the past 3 weeks have had 3 great games from their RBs why not expect it with their most talented one??
3. CJ spiller is starting to play very well, it wont be surprising if jackson gets less and less carries...

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 comments:
2. Giants the past 3 weeks have had 3 great games from their RBs why not expect it with their most talented one??
3. CJ spiller is starting to play very well, it wont be surprising if jackson gets less and less carries...

Good Call Mike...:10:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would leave you extremely thin at WR. I would prefer the Amendola/Brown side, ROS. Giants schedule is pretty decent and the Bills have a bye in Week 12.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No... it isn't. Because he's still coming off of two broken legs in two years, and has yet to find his groove in the offense. He is undoubtedly behind the 8 ball.

Hillis has averaged under 3 YPC the last two games. Brandon Jacobs had one solid game against the worst run D in football right now. Over the last three games the Bears have given up over 500 all purpose yards and 8 TD's to RB's. I'm pretty sure half of the posters on this board could run against that front. After that, Jacobs returned to obscurity.

This, I agree with. I'm not making the deal.

All I'm saying, is that you guys seem way too damn sure about a RB that has a lot of question marks surround him in a struggling offense. Andre Brown has had what? A couple good games in his career? Not to mention, in a totally different and more efficient offense.

I'm not calling you guys stupid, I'm merely questioning your logic here and wondering if I'm missing something.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown's gonna be the featured back. As Tlance pointed out, probably not this week, but Coughlin loves him. It probably comes down to who gets more chances, and as Milk pointed out, Spiller could cut down Jackson's carries down a bunch. You know if Amendola stays healthy, he'll score some points, although that's a huge crapshoot. It just seems that Brown/Amendola could have the higher upside.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No... it isn't. Because he's still coming off of two broken legs in two years, and has yet to find his groove in the offense. He is undoubtedly behind the 8 ball.

All I'm saying, is that you guys seem way too damn sure about a RB that has a lot of question marks surround him in a struggling offense. Andre Brown has had what? A couple good games in his career? Not to mention, in a totally different and more efficient offense.

I'm not calling you guys stupid, I'm merely questioning your logic here and wondering if I'm missing something.
Well, speaking from experiece the old saying it's better to break a bone then blow out a joint is true. Jackson's knee has been bothering him all season. Injuries are gonna happen there's nothing that can be done about that but I put up some numbers on another thread that showed with out a doubt(at least in my mind) that as the starter Brown is gonna put up some impressive numbers. So, you have RB #1 for the Giants who only has Hillis (BTW, thanks Peyton for the 9 points you scored me 2 weeks ago! I needed it badly) and Jacobs behind him and Dola, who when healthy has been pretty good with Brady against another RB who has been good this year but has Spiller behind him. Just seems to me without seeing rosters the Brown/Dola side is the better deal.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't an easy call at all. It looks like you have made the decision already and it looks to be the right one.

I am not convinced that Brown will be a fantasy starter down the stretch, nor am I convinced that Jackson won't keep high end RB2 value as a goal-line back in the Buffalo time share.

All I know it that Brown's value is trending up and Jackson's is trending down. Because of most owner's perceptions of both of these guys, you should be able to get more in return for Brown and Amendola.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also have Fred Jackson too,but he sits behind Jamaal and Knowshon and no way in hell would I do that trade......I`d ask someone else in your league.

Maybe it would have been a better help to see both rosters.
Or even tey a two for one special and pay for the trade......:noidea:

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't an easy call at all. It looks like you have made the decision already and it looks to be the right one.

I am not convinced that Brown will be a fantasy starter down the stretch, nor am I convinced that Jackson won't keep high end RB2 value as a goal-line back in the Buffalo time share.

All I know it that Brown's value is trending up and Jackson's is trending down. Because of most owner's perceptions of both of these guys, you should be able to get more in return for Brown and Amendola.

Fred Jax plays TB,Jax and Miami in the fantasy playoffs.And with Spiller just a carry away from that injury again,I`d keep Jax.......But hey thats just my two cents worth.lol