• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Amari Cooper to SF???

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, of course there is. No one really knows what Baalke is going to do. Most people seem to think WR, but you never know. I doubt anyone saw the 49ers drafting Aldon Smith with the first pick. That is why I pay little attention to mock drafts. The only draft picks that matter are the ones made by Baalke.
I saw A. Smith. I had him as my top 2. I did not know we were going to draft Ward. That was a surprise pick. He was suppose to be a 2nd rd pick. Looks like Baalke got that one wrong. He did good with the other picks. Brland wa a home run and now a waste of a pick. I had the Drat class at a A, dropped to a B. lets see what ward can do this year.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with Crimson on this. We don't need to jumping up to get a WR. I'm not a huge fan of the Torrey Smith signing, but He's a legit starter opposite Boldin. Plus this is a very deep draft at WR. We have bigger needs then WR. CB, DL, ILB, and OG are all much bigger needs IMO.
Im ok trading up a few spots. Nothing Big. I want to get ahead of the Browns and Miami. Im really hoping Shelton falls. This kid would be a great pick for us. Great run stopper and can pass the rusher as a DT/NT.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im ok trading up a few spots. Nothing Big. I want to get ahead of the Browns and Miami. Im really hoping Shelton falls. This kid would be a great pick for us. Great run stopper and can pass the rusher as a DT/NT.

I like Shelton a lot but the only problem I have with drafting him is we already have Glenn Dorsey and Ian Williams at NT. How many NTs do we need? I think all should be starters when healthy. I feel we need a good pass rushing DE more than we need another run stuffer.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Shelton a lot but the only problem I have with drafting him is we already have Glenn Dorsey and Ian Williams at NT. How many NTs do we need? I think all should be starters when healthy. I feel we need a good pass rushing DE more than we need another run stuffer.
I hear what you are saying but he can be a Game changer in the middle. Some are comparing him to Vince Wilfork.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I saw A. Smith. I had him as my top 2. I did not know we were going to draft Ward. That was a surprise pick. He was suppose to be a 2nd rd pick. Looks like Baalke got that one wrong. He did good with the other picks. Brland wa a home run and now a waste of a pick. I had the Drat class at a A, dropped to a B. lets see what ward can do this year.

He was a rookie coming off an injury and playing full time at a new position. It's a bit early to say Baalke got it wrong. Let's reassess two years from now.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

He can do what now?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I watched the FSU game for Parker last night (clip on Barrows' recent blog post). I don't love him in the first round. Really doesn't get much separation. He's good at catching contested balls, but too many of them are contested.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the FSU game for Parker last night (clip on Barrows' recent blog post). I don't love him in the first round. Really doesn't get much separation. He's good at catching contested balls, but too many of them are contested.

Saw too much of that last year. Seems redundant. I would pass

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be interesting to see if the Skins and Scot decide to trade down at 5 and if his past relationship with the Niner organization will come into play if White or Cooper fall to us.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I understand picking up Smith, of course, but I love the value for potential deep threats in round two. I'm sure some will go sooner, but DGB, Perriman, Dorsett, Devin Smith, or Coates could be there (and likely more than one) in the second.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand picking up Smith, of course, but I love the value for potential deep threats in round two. I'm sure some will go sooner, but DGB, Perriman, Dorsett, Devin Smith, or Coates could be there (and likely more than one) in the second.
Most mocks have DGB (my main pick at WR) going in the second RD. The real question here is do the 9ers move up to pick a WR. At this moment I say no. If a WR of potential falls to the 15th pick then yes. CB,DT,and LB are needs as well.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DGB and Perriman will be off the board in the 1st or early 2nd. Dorsett is nothing more than a fast slot WR. Coates has good size and speed but he has stone hands. Devin Smith is very fast but lacks good route running and his hands are questionable. I don't wanna draft Devin to be the same type of player as Torrey. We need to get a true #1 and I don't see Devin being that player in the NFL.

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DGB and Perriman will be off the board in the 1st or early 2nd. Dorsett is nothing more than a fast slot WR. Coates has good size and speed but he has stone hands. Devin Smith is very fast but lacks good route running and his hands are questionable. I don't wanna draft Devin to be the same type of player as Torrey. We need to get a true #1 and I don't see Devin being that player in the NFL.

I'd rather take a CB with our pick at 15 and then trade trade up from the 2nd round to grab DGB. Which costs us more, trading from 15 to 7 or from 46 to 25 range?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather take a CB with our pick at 15 and then trade trade up from the 2nd round to grab DGB. Which costs us more, trading from 15 to 7 or from 46 to 25 range?

I would be a bit surprised if they went for a cornerback with the top pick, unless they felt the CB at that range was a real difference maker. From what I've read the team is pretty high on the corners they drafted last year. We have only been able to really watch one of them DJ play extensively.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't care if we go WR or CB 1st as long as we get 2 of these guys: Trae Waynes, Jalen Collins, Marcus Peters, Kevin Johnson, Kevin White, Amari Cooper, Dorial Green-Beckham, DeVante Parker, Jalen Strong and Breshad Perriman.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 23,785.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both are freakishly good athletes for sure. To me both have good hands and Cooper is the better route runner. But the reason I like White over Cooper is cuz White is 2 inches taller, faster and I believe White is stronger.

This is why I want Oakland to take White instead.