• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Things Nabokov

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fair enough. I actually agree with you in that I'm not a huge fan of Niemi. Even though in fairness, Niemi has been playing very well recently. I think that Niittymaki (whenever he's all healed up) will be the goalie the Sharks will need to ride.....even if McLellan and Wilson don't think so. That said, I could be wrong (I've been wrong before many times) and Niemi might keep playing very well. It's just funny how when you do it, it's just being "fired up" but when others do it they "get their panties in a bunch".
Again, fair enough.....difference being you ask? When someone doesn't agree with me, I don't tell them to "fuck off" and I don't ask them if they'd rather "blow a back-alley bum or a millionaire". I also don't get all pissy and then claim I was kidding afterward.
I admit, when the Sharks don't give 100% (ala Marleau, Thornton and Heatley) I do get frustrated.....hell sometimes downright pissed off. I "get my panties in a bunch" over it. AND I bitch and moan about Heatley a ton. It does have an effect on me. What I don't understand about you is that SJVP stated his case about Nabokov in a non-abrasive manner that completely set you off.....I guess I just don't see how SJVP's comment could inspire such venom out of you when he was just stating an opinion (and not a very far-fetched one at that). It's not like he said "anybody who takes Nabby's side is an idiot".

I didnt say I was kidding towards SJVP, when I said the fuck off thing I ment fuck off, just like I wouldve said that in real life if I was arguing sports with someone. Like lately with all these Bears fans I have to listen to about the whole Cutler thing and how they wouldve won if he stayed in with a strained MCL, eventually you get to the point of just say "fuck off" Im sure its happened before in life with you. What I did say was read it with humor pertaining to he whole DWil suckin off Stan Bowman, it was ment to be a joke as to how Dwil came to his goalie decision. Same with the Isles TP line. The whole bum thing was basically an analogy to Im sure nabby got some nice low offers from bad teams (back alley bum) & he got a big one from russia (the millionair) anyone wouldve taken the big offer over the peanuts from bad teams. To say its his fault he's in this situation pissed me off. No one couldve forseen how this would play out. I pretty much say its Garth Snows fault because I still feel he's being a dick for suspending him and signing him in the first place. Even tho Nabby says this was done to be with Detroit, I really dont think (and Im assuming of corse) Nabby wouldve had a problem reporting to a competitive team thats going to the playoffs with a chance to win. Garth Snow just happened (and im gonna use another fowl word here so be prepared) "cockblock" him on the way to going to Detroit. For what reason? Because he could, it served no point to the Isles to this season...

My persona seems to come off confusing when your typing on a forum, but in real life it gets the point across just fine. Im sure everyone that posts here has probably at one point in there life told someone to fuck off when they dont agree with what another one says. Lets not act like were all harvard degree angles here, because a G rated logical debate doesnt always get the point across... ;);)

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt say I was kidding towards SJVP, when I said the fuck off thing I ment fuck off, just like I wouldve said that in real life if I was arguing sports with someone. Like lately with all these Bears fans I have to listen to about the whole Cutler thing and how they wouldve won if he stayed in with a strained MCL, eventually you get to the point of just say "fuck off" Im sure its happened before in life with you. What I did say was read it with humor pertaining to he whole DWil suckin off Stan Bowman, it was ment to be a joke as to how Dwil came to his goalie decision. Same with the Isles TP line. The whole bum thing was basically an analogy to Im sure nabby got some nice low offers from bad teams (back alley bum) & he got a big one from russia (the millionair) anyone wouldve taken the big offer over the peanuts from bad teams. To say its his fault he's in this situation pissed me off. No one couldve forseen how this would play out. I pretty much say its Garth Snows fault because I still feel he's being a dick for suspending him and signing him in the first place. Even tho Nabby says this was done to be with Detroit, I really dont think (and Im assuming of corse) Nabby wouldve had a problem reporting to a competitive team thats going to the playoffs with a chance to win. Garth Snow just happened (and im gonna use another fowl word here so be prepared) "cockblock" him on the way to going to Detroit. For what reason? Because he could, it served no point to the Isles to this season...

My persona seems to come off confusing when your typing on a forum, but in real life it gets the point across just fine. Im sure everyone that posts here has probably at one point in there life told someone to fuck off when they dont agree with what another one says. Lets not act like were all harvard degree angles here, because a G rated logical debate doesnt always get the point across... ;);)

FUCK OFF!

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
From Rotoworld.com

The Islanders have decided to toll Evgeni Nabokov's contract, which means the Islanders own his rights for the 2011-12 season. Nabokov comes with a very affordable $570,000 cap hit. The only reason the Islanders can do this is because Nabokov was claimed off waivers by them and then refused to play. Had Nabokov served as a goaltender with the Islanders for the balance of the 2010-11 campaign, he would have entered the summer as a free agent. The silver lining for Nabokov, assuming he still doesn't want to play for the Islanders, is that the team will be able to trade him this summer.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nabokov at half a million? I think the Lightning and Flyers will come a knockin.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nabokov at half a million? I think the Lightning and Flyers will come a knockin.

I imagine a lot of teams will come knocking. Nabby has an NTC in this contract and I'd venture a guess the number of teams he's willing to go to are very limited.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I imagine a lot of teams will come knocking. Nabby has an NTC in this contract and I'd venture a guess the number of teams he's willing to go to are very limited.

I kind of wonder how UFA's are going to view the islanders franchise after this move? I mean they have a hard enough time attracting guys, how they've handled this is some what questionable.

That being said i understand the draft pick scenario but i dont think it shouldve ever got to this point anyway