• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Things Nabokov

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Per Bob McKenzie.

@TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie

It looks like @Gordie78 may be a prophet. He said 4 hours ago Nabokov to DET and negotiatons are on and may be done soon

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I bet he goes there and wins a cup...

the truth is nabby wasnt that bad in the PO's, the sharks just never scored for the guy. he was virtually unbeaten when the sharks scored 3 goals or more. Detroit is not gunna put up 1 or 0 goals regularly the way the sharks have always done, and I would not be surprised at all if nabby signs there, takes the job from howard (if he's even healthy) and backstops them to a cup.

obviously, I hope im wrong, but I'm happy for nabby. He gave the sharks a lot of good performances and got a lot of (IMO misplaced) blame. I wish him the best of luck!

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have got to be fucking kidding me. I am NOT pleased.

Stackem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I bet he goes there and wins a cup...

the truth is nabby wasnt that bad in the PO's, the sharks just never scored for the guy. he was virtually unbeaten when the sharks scored 3 goals or more. Detroit is not gunna put up 1 or 0 goals regularly the way the sharks have always done, and I would not be surprised at all if nabby signs there, takes the job from howard (if he's even healthy) and backstops them to a cup.

obviously, I hope im wrong, but I'm happy for nabby. He gave the sharks a lot of good performances and got a lot of (IMO misplaced) blame. I wish him the best of luck!

Wow.. But I mostly agree. He gave up some bad goals here and there but the play-off bounces weren't his fault alone. He didn't exactly tear it up like some other goalies who went lights out, but he wasn't the worst shark out there either. Will always like Nabby. I'm happy for him but bummed he is playing for Detroit.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yeah someone on the board predicted this signing. Good for nabby. He still has pass through waivers though.

I wonder how bad osgood and howard are hurt. He will get his cup finally

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he signs with them, I hope he wins the Cup as the primary netminder. As long as he doesn't have to beat the Sharks along the way, I'll be rooting for him.

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pending on how much the contract is for, I doubt Nabby clears waivers. I am too lazy to do the research but I am sure there are some teams out their that have waiver priority over Detroit that need a goalie.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah someone on the board predicted this signing. Good for nabby. He still has pass through waivers though.

I wonder how bad osgood and howard are hurt. He will get his cup finally

Fucking Shit!!!!!!!!! My nightmare has begun.........:mad:

Yes I predicted Nabby would sign with the wings.......

I heard its about 2mil, but I bet if some shitty team claims Nabby, he'll just say Fuck it, I'll just sit this year out

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Pending on how much the contract is for, I doubt Nabby clears waivers. I am too lazy to do the research but I am sure there are some teams out their that have waiver priority over Detroit that need a goalie.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens. Detroit has a shit load of cap space. Over $8.0m prorated. With Osgood likely retiring after this season and no one is the system ready to move up Detroit may offer up a multi-year deal in order turn a lot of teams off who may otherwise be interested.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome... I hope this happens and he wins the Cup with them this year.

I too will be cheering for him to pull it off.

sharksfan1135

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i will be rooting for Nabby too as far as he does not face sharks in the playoffs. Good for Nabby.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping that this was a joke, like the Yawney to take over as head coach thread. :(

Please, please, please someone claim him off waivers. Can you imagine watching Nabby win a cup in a Redwings jersey?

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Nabby wins a Cup with Detroit this year, he'll do it sitting on the bench. As good as Detroit is, they've never managed to win the Cup with a sub-par goaltender and Nabby is not good enough to get it done.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Nabby wins a Cup with Detroit this year, he'll do it sitting on the bench. As good as Detroit is, they've never managed to win the Cup with a sub-par goaltender and Nabby is not good enough to get it done.

I disagree. Nabby alone is not good enough but he'll have offensive support to cover up his playoff fuckups in Detroit... something he never had in SJ.

I also am pretty confident that, if given the chance in the regular season, he'll easily win the starting job away from Howard.

But time will tell, yeah...

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Source: Nabokov, Red Wings close to finalizing deal

According to those sources If completed, Nabokov will receive $570,000 for the remainder of the year, which pro-rated works out to roughly $250,000 on the Reds Wings cap.

Uhhh... that's NOT going to be enough for him to clear waivers... or Dougie should claim him and we'll all have a good laugh over it or something.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Actually, dougie might claim him :-) niity just went on IR...

now THAT would be wierd... nabby vs. niemi: what a great grudge match that would be...

li0lsh

Hoopla Cash
$ 737.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OFFICIAL: Nabokov to Detroit for $570,000

DETROIT -- The Detroit Red Wings signed goaltender Evgeni Nabokov to a one-year deal, the team announced Thursday.

A source told ESPN.com's Pierre LeBrun that the deal is worth $570,000.

The 35-year-old goalie, who had spent his entire NHL career with the San Jose Sharks, must now clear waivers to join the Red Wings because he started the season playing in Russia's Kontinental Hockey League.

The Sharks didn't offer Nabokov a contract to play this season. He made $6 million last season -- when he went 44-26 with a 2.43 goals-against average -- in the final year of his five-year contract.

Nabokov signed a four-year deal with SKA St. Petersburg, but the two mutually parted ways in mid-December, with Nabokov citing family reasons.

Chris Osgood, who backs up Jimmy Howard, had hernia surgery last week and is expected to be out until March. Howard has been slowed by a bruised right knee.

:L

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
fuck you mods! :D:D

Lol, sorry li0lsh it's a bit of a pet peeve of mine. One thing I couldn't stand about the other board was 100 treads on the same subject.