• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All things Damian Lillard official thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am a lifelong celtics fan and there was a rumour a few months back they were seriously thinking about trading for lillard.i don,t know what happened but i have not heard anything else about it from other celtic fans.

There was. In fact, there were a few teams that were interested.

Then Dame released his list of teams he would go to, and Miami was the only name on it.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am a lifelong celtics fan and there was a rumour a few months back they were seriously thinking about trading for lillard.i don,t know what happened but i have not heard anything else about it from other celtic fans.
Jaylen Brown new contract all but takes it off the table.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
->i am a lifelong celtics fan<- and there was a rumour a few months back they were seriously thinking about trading for lillard.i don,t know what happened but i have not heard anything else about it from other celtic fans.

That's cool, same here. Been to the original Garden and was at Larry Legend's final game in '92.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's cool, same here. Been to the original Garden and was at Larry Legend's final game in '92.
never been to boston,but me and my buddies have followed them faithfully since we were little boys.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have a long time before they will be at that point.

Assuming that Dame doesn't expand his list, it wouldn't surprise me if the season starts with Dame still in Portland.

If that happens, the Heat will continue to be patient for as long as possible. But, if they are at play in level, they will start to sweeten the pot. It may also be easier to do at that point because other teams will be looking to make moves.
If they begin the season with 37-year-old Kyle Lowry at the point and struggle with him, they suddenly become a much less attractive trade destination than the team that just made the finals.

A dangerous game they're playing...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they begin the season with 37-year-old Kyle Lowry at the point and struggle with him, they suddenly become a much less attractive trade destination than the team that just made the finals.

A dangerous game they're playing...

I mean, I guess that could happen. I'd think that Dame and his agent have discussed as many different scenarios as possible and Dame still hasn't expanded his list.

Plus, weren't they a play in team last year?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a wild comparison given that the player entitlement era is a little different now than it was in 2007.

The fact that "David Silver" is investigating the Harden situation is very telling that he's starting to become fed up with it.
It's not a wild comparison because of the reasons you just said. There is no urgency to get this done because Silver is laying the hammer down on these trade requests. Did you miss the part where Damian Lillard and his agent had to come out with a statement that said they weren't impeding the trade process and were not going to hold out. They had to do this because investigations were going to be launched.

This gives Portland leverage in letting this thing play out. And since Portland doesn't have to move him immediately, they can explore other options.

You just countered yourself with your own logic.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, I guess that could happen. I'd think that Dame and his agent have discussed as many different scenarios as possible and Dame still hasn't expanded his list.

Plus, weren't they a play in team last year?
Yes. That said, every team in the east was competitive last year except for Charlotte and Detroit. A few extra teams tanked for Wemby toward the end, but that luxury won't exist in 2024.

As I haven't ceased to point out, I believe there's more reasons than just one that Miami is only on his list.

He wants to build a winner out of training camp as opposed to picking up the pieces after a deadline move.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a wild comparison because of the reasons you just said. There is no urgency to get this done because Silver is laying the hammer down on these trade requests. Did you miss the part where Damian Lillard and his agent had to come out with a statement that said they weren't impeding the trade process and were not going to hold out. They had to do this because investigations were going to be launched.

This gives Portland leverage in letting this thing play out. And since Portland doesn't have to move him immediately, they can explore other options.

You just countered yourself with your own logic.

Fair point. But as I've pointed out above, there should be more urgency on the Miami side than on the Portland side.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair point. But as I've pointed out above, there should be more urgency on the Miami side than on the Portland side.

What would you have Miami do? They don't have anything more to offer outside of Jimmy or Bam. They should be looking for a third team sure, not sure why that has been a problem. Portland likely wants Dame to reconsider (either come up with more destinations or just stay) and isn't going to help find extra teams on their own.

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Shane_O_Mac812 clearly has a hard on for me :thumb:
and you clearly have such a low self esteem that you get your panties all a flutter over some emoji on a message board. But carry on at getting destroyed in every conversation you have on here. It's entertaining.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, it’s been close to a month since Silver’s memorandum on Lillard and his agent. Yet, traction has not been gained on a potential trade…

But, go ahead and keep pretending that Lillard is a basketball God that every team wants. And again, keep of pretending that his $60 million salary for the 2026-27 season has nothing to do with the holdup.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, it’s been close to a month since Silver’s memorandum on Lillard and his agent. Yet, traction has not been gained on a potential trade…

But, go ahead and keep pretending that Lillard is a basketball God that every team wants. And again, keep of pretending that his $60 million salary for the 2026-27 season has nothing to do with the holdup.

The Heat aren't holding back assets because of Lillard's salary. They don't have more assets.

Other teams aren't holding back offers because of Lillard's salary. His agent threatened the rest of the league that his client "wouldn't be happy" if traded elsewhere, implying he would sit out.

Keep pretending it's all about the salary.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

See, this stuff is why your conversations on here turn to shit and you keep getting mocked..

Teams that would have the most interest in him right now, are teams with a title shot right now...

Ya know, like the Heat.

Those teams don't care what his salary will be in '26-'27 because they are trying to win right now.

If the Heat, for example, get him and win a title...they and their fans won't care if he's an overpay in '26-'27.

Also, if he is an overpay in '26-'27, there's a good chance they could move him to a team looking to rebuild and still put butts in seats.

But yeah, keep pretending that teams looking to win now give a shit about '26-'27.

Additionally, Silver's memorandum has nothing to do with his trade prospects. All it means is players can't threaten to not play if they don't like the team they're traded to.

In Dames case, he made his feelings clear before Silver took his action. Teams that know Dame isn't interested in them aren't going to suddenly start bidding for him just because of what Silver said. They know he doesn't want to be there.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and you clearly have such a low self esteem that you get your panties all a flutter over some emoji on a message board. But carry on at getting destroyed in every conversation you have on here. It's entertaining.

How Dare You Greta GIF

I'll have you know, he has double digit followers on his jv girls basketball blog.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How Dare You Greta GIF

I'll have you know, he has double digit followers on his jv girls basketball blog.
Yeah and the bad news is there is no telling how many of those have graduated and moved on.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, this stuff is why your conversations on here turn to shit and you keep getting mocked..

Teams that would have the most interest in him right now, are teams with a title shot right now...

Ya know, like the Heat.

Those teams don't care what his salary will be in '26-'27 because they are trying to win right now.

If the Heat, for example, get him and win a title...they and their fans won't care if he's an overpay in '26-'27.

Also, if he is an overpay in '26-'27, there's a good chance they could move him to a team looking to rebuild and still put butts in seats.

But yeah, keep pretending that teams looking to win now give a shit about '26-'27.

Additionally, Silver's memorandum has nothing to do with his trade prospects. All it means is players can't threaten to not play if they don't like the team they're traded to.

In Dames case, he made his feelings clear before Silver took his action. Teams that know Dame isn't interested in them aren't going to suddenly start bidding for him just because of what Silver said. They know he doesn't want to be there.
LOL Miami is literally the only team that has shown interest, and no shit they don’t care about 2027 because Jimmy Butler will be 34 on opening day and their window is now.

Let’s say he is hypothetically traded to a team like Utah, what’s he going to do, not play??? Yeah right… (Today we just saw Harden fined 100K just for threatening not to play… Yikes!) You don’t think maybe there is another reason the Jazz aren’t lighting up the phone lines for him?

Let’s also use my Pacers as an example. A Dame/Haliburton backcourt would, if nothing else, be an interesting one.

Problem is the Pacers will be giving up hard-earned young talent for a starting backcourt that would be set to earn over $100 million not this year, but in 2026-27 mind you. It would leave the team scrambling to fill the rest of the roster with G-League level talent and veteran retreads just to avoid substantial luxury tax penalties. And half of that said starting backcourt would be 36 years old come that time as it’d be…

In simpler terms, there is ZERO incentive for the Pacers to trade for Lillard, even if the sky fell and they were added to his wishlist.

The reason Silver’s memorandum feels like a wasted effort at the moment is because the phone lines weren’t exactly buzzing with trade proposals in the first place.