• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All-Star Break question

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's say that we actually have some players that were voted in to the All-Star Game or even the Home Run Derby. Can a manager veto it and force the players to stay on the team if they need work, much like we do now?

Priority Number One and all that?

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's say that we actually have some players that were voted in to the All-Star Game or even the Home Run Derby. Can a manager veto it and force the players to stay on the team if they need work, much like we do now?

I don't think that the guys (Cano and Cruz) we'll be sending to the all-star game need any work.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that the guys (Cano and Cruz) we'll be sending to the all-star game need any work.

Really the only thing Cano needs to work on is his hustle. If spending 9 years being scrutinized by the New York media didn't fix that, I don't think having him sit out the All-Star game will change much.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best fit without a new thread:

Stat line for Felix didn't look all that good yesterday in Everett, and from what I heard this morning on 710 his fb was only 88-91. Could be just a bit of excuse making, but Felix also said his calf wasn't quite 100% yet. Not a lot to be encouraged about there, but I guess we'll see where it goes. Just getting him back on the field may give the team a boost, but hopefully the performance picks up.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Didn't even see this one but about 99.9% that the organization can't do a thing about it, the player has to. The MLBPA's basically mandates contracts have bonus' for all star appearances. I've heard about managers doing back door stuff to keep their pitcher from throwing more than an inning though.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best fit without a new thread:

Stat line for Felix didn't look all that good yesterday in Everett, and from what I heard this morning on 710 his fb was only 88-91. Could be just a bit of excuse making, but Felix also said his calf wasn't quite 100% yet. Not a lot to be encouraged about there, but I guess we'll see where it goes. Just getting him back on the field may give the team a boost, but hopefully the performance picks up.
Wouldn't worry too much about stat lines on a rehab start. Kind of well known that when batters in the minors get to see the big studs in rehab starts that they just go up and hack like crazy so they can brag about getting a hit off such a big name pitcher. This was really just about him getting in the number of pitches they wanted. Not the quality or speed on them. I'd be more concerned if they said he was tight or sore today vs the results in the game.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't worry too much about stat lines on a rehab start. Kind of well known that when batters in the minors get to see the big studs in rehab starts that they just go up and hack like crazy so they can brag about getting a hit off such a big name pitcher. This was really just about him getting in the number of pitches they wanted. Not the quality or speed on them. I'd be more concerned if they said he was tight or sore today vs the results in the game.
Yeah, that more or less matches what some others have said -- at least about the stat line part. I also heard there was a misplayed ball & error that contributed to scoring. I still hope to be more encouraged on Friday.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just saw on my espn app that cano is out of the hr derby

couldn't be happier

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still would've been nice dealing Felix for him 4 years ago
Stanton has been one of my favorite players in the game for awhile now. I would have loved to see him in Seattle.

i don't think miami would've done it
I don't think they would have either. Plus the Mariners do this loyalty thing with certain players (Felix being one of them) were they will not kill them off the show no matter what because a large portion of the fan base will be upset for awhile. Almost like they would rather put butts in the seats by putting guys in the M's hall of fame as opposed to hanging banners.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i actually have no desire to watch baseball tonight or over the weekend

sad