• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Elite Wrestling

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn’t that a no DQ match? Why didn’t all of The Firm just beat the shit out of Hook and then let Stokley take the credit for beating him?

Caught them by surprise. They didn't train for hardcore!

(Nah, but seriously. There's some logic gaps there. I think there may have been a stip that The Firm was banned from ringside, but I can't quite remember.)

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(Nah, but seriously. There's some logic gaps there. I think there may have been a stip that The Firm was banned from ringside, but I can't quite remember.)
Which is funny since what would they have done, dq’d Stokley if they came down? That would’ve been on the Vince Russo level of logic if that happened.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For anyone that didn't check out the ROH thread (or watch ROH), Dante Martin got fucked up REALLY bad tonight at the ROH PPV. It could be a career ending injury. One of the nastiest looking injuries I've seen. His foot was literally facing the wrong way. I won't link to it but its on Twitter for those that are curious. They had this insane spot planned with four tables stacked 2x2 on the outside with Penta and Dante standing on a horizontal ladder in the ring, probably some 15 feet in the air or more. Penta goes for a Destroyer on Martin towards the outside thru the tables but they rotate too far. Martin misses the tables and instead lands on this feet (all his weight and Penta's) which completely snaps one of his legs in half. His knee might be fucked too but his foot was totally turned around the wrong way. Praying for the best for him. It'd be a damn shame if this it for such a young, promising talent.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spoiler for the first few minutes of Dynamite

Big time get, especially considering the thought was he was WWE bound a couple of months ago. Kinda thought this might be happening when they booked the Starks/Juice match 2 weeks in advance for the big NYC/Long Island show instead of just getting on with it.

Pretty solid Dynamite overall. Lots of newsworthy stuff between Jay White, FTR winning and thus meaning they re-signed with AEW, and them announcing All In 2 happening in London. That show is gonna have some massive matches booked I bet. Health permitting, I'm positive we'll see Will Ospreay considering he's a Brit. But I bet they pull some other NJPW talent (like Okada) as well.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I was at the show last night. I'm not sure of our policy on spoilers the day after Dynamite but I'll say Tony's big announcement really delivered imo and also means we'll have some huge announcements before late August. Goldberg? Punk? Mercedes? A triumphantly returning Dan Lambert.

Potential for a very stacked card

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at the show last night. I'm not sure of our policy on spoilers the day after Dynamite but I'll say Tony's big announcement really delivered imo and also means we'll have some huge announcements before late August. Goldberg? Punk? Mercedes? A triumphantly returning Dan Lambert.

Potential for a very stacked card

Is it bad that Lambert is clearly second on that list?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spoiler for the first few minutes of Dynamite

Big time get, especially considering the thought was he was WWE bound a couple of months ago. Kinda thought this might be happening when they booked the Starks/Juice match 2 weeks in advance for the big NYC/Long Island show instead of just getting on with it.

Pretty solid Dynamite overall. Lots of newsworthy stuff between Jay White, FTR winning and thus meaning they re-signed with AEW, and them announcing All In 2 happening in London. That show is gonna have some massive matches booked I bet. Health permitting, I'm positive we'll see Will Ospreay considering he's a Brit. But I bet they pull some other NJPW talent (like Okada) as well.

Yeah i just watched a video that said WWE wasn't all that interested.

My guess is they didn't see him as a priority FA? Idk.

I think he fits better on AEW anyway. But that's just seeing him in limited action.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I think he fits better on AEW anyway. But that's just seeing him in limited action.

He seems like an AEW guy to me too. Not that big physically and little name value to casuals. He can thrive in AEW though.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow does Keith Lee look old when he doesn’t dye his hair or facial hair.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Everything I saw said they had heavy interest up until some time around January. For whatever reason, things died down then. Their loss. With guys like Orton getting older, Jay White would have been perfect to slide right into that main event "cool" villain type of role that Orton has occupied for years. White is only 30 years old and still getting better and better

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow does Keith Lee look old when he doesn’t dye his hair or facial hair.

He does, but it kinda works for him. The white hair/beard combo on a dude that big looks menacing.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate it….

….because he’s my age lol

Apparently he went gray a long time ago and has been dyeing for years. I guess he's just one of those people where it goes early.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently he went gray a long time ago and has been dyeing for years. I guess he's just one of those people where it goes early.

Probably not a good look to be gray when you’re on a developmental brand

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate it….

….because he’s my age lol
He's a few years younger than I am. He definitely looks like he needs to be living in a retirement village somewhere when he doesn't dye his hair.