• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Elite Wrestling

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

More crazy shit backstage news. Apparently Eddie Kingston has been on a 2 week suspension because he took a swing at Sammy Guevara, who called him a fat fuck during an argument.

Honestly, dude should have been given a pay raise
Seems like ever since Sammy ended the engagement with Pam last year and started a relationship with Tay, he’s gotten a massive ego.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be quite Honest. Sammy needs alot of heat, Miz style heat, for this. Respect the veterans and those who help pave the way. If i had a Position of power in AEW.

Eddie, 1 week. Kind taking too

Sammy. 1 Month, regulated to Triple H 1996 status, Very stern, Swearing included because I cuss like a sailor when Fucking pissed, Lecture about Lights on and how to conduct yourself when the Lights Off.

I would also find ways to Punish Tay because Guilt by Association

love it.

Only downside is SIL got the payoff anyway.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. I re-watched the promo and there was definitely a lot of passion in it but I'm personally not seeing the same star power that everyone else does. Literally every podcast, wrestling site, message board etc goes nuts over the guy and I just don't see it as far as big time AEW main event/WWE potential. Unless you're Vince McMahon from the years 2000-2019 one person's opinion isn't the be all, end all so I'm apparently the one missing out

starks is fine, but to me guys who can ride all the rides at disney only can do so much.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
starks is fine, but to me guys who can ride all the rides at disney only can do so much.

I'm a fan of the 30 point scale from Bret Hart's book. Rate a wrestler 1-10 in look, promo, and wrestling skill and if the cumulative score is 20 or above they're a great wrestler.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a fan of the 30 point scale from Bret Hart's book. Rate a wrestler 1-10 in look, promo, and wrestling skill and if the cumulative score is 20 or above they're a great wrestler.

Adam Cole is maybe a 15 then….

I like this scale

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They teased a "We'll hear from CM Punk post match" segment for Rampage that turned out to be 10 seconds of "My foot just gave out"

WTF are they doing? That was trash.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They teased a "We'll hear from CM Punk post match" segment for Rampage that turned out to be 10 seconds of "My foot just gave out"

According to SRS the plan for All Out is still Punk vs Moxley for the title which after what happened on Wednesday I don’t know how they can salvage any of this. Either Punk wins and the whole thing on Wednesday was meaningless or Moxley wins and Punk looks even worse.

Or the third option is MJF can always come out and screw Punk, then we’re right back to where we started 6 months ago because neither one of them has the title, or MJF could come back and help Punk win the title and they can try to explain why that makes sense.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, that wasn’t worth the time to watch, much like how the overall show normally is anymore.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to SRS the plan for All Out is still Punk vs Moxley for the title which after what happened on Wednesday I don’t know how they can salvage any of this. Either Punk wins and the whole thing on Wednesday was meaningless or Moxley wins and Punk looks even worse.

Or the third option is MJF can always come out and screw Punk, then we’re right back to where we started 6 months ago because neither one of them has the title, or MJF could come back and help Punk win the title and they can try to explain why that makes sense.

If the plan is to have MJF come back, they'd be better off waiting until Grand Slam. For one, its his hometown (same area) but also it'd make much more sense time wise considering what they did last Wednesday. Like you said, they look really bad if they run this match a week later at All Out. But Grand Slam is a few weeks away so its more believable that Punk's foot has "healed".

If he really is hurt and just did the job so they don't have to do the Interim, they should just leak it to the dirtsheets that's what happened. But doing this the way they are doing it, leaving so many questions and the main event for All Out, which is a week away, up in the air, this is just really sloppy. AEW has typically been pretty good with stuff since its start, but this is looking like the dumbest thing they've done yet by a good mile

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Drew McIntyre is the current champion using the Hart scale. He's at least a 25.

The only thing I might add is one for Creativity/originality

But then McIntyre is probably a 30 as he’s pretty standard minus the claymore

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If the plan is to have MJF come back, they'd be better off waiting until Grand Slam. For one, its his hometown (same area) but also it'd make much more sense time wise considering what they did last Wednesday. Like you said, they look really bad if they run this match a week later at All Out. But Grand Slam is a few weeks away so its more believable that Punk's foot has "healed".

With AEW charging the old school $50 plus rates for PPVs they tend to save the biggest moments for those shows.Cole, Regal, Danielson, Moxely 1st appearances, Punk's first match etc.

I can see an MJF return at All Out with his first Match at Grand Slam a couple weeks later making a lot of sense if booked right

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The only thing I might add is one for Creativity/originality

But then McIntyre is probably a 30 as he’s pretty standard minus the claymore

I would agree with this. He's not reinventing the wheel just a really good all around performer.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree with this. He's not reinventing the wheel just a really good all around performer.

Yeah, I mean a 5 is average. I might give him a 6 due to the claymore by itself, which is just adore.

On the 40 scale 20 is an average wrestler. I think Adam Cole grades out around 18 or 19 for me :)

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can’t wait for him to get his moment in front of a crowd.

He deserves it.

That pop at the 2020 rumble has blown away anything we’ve seen in the live crowd ppvs post covid. And it’s not close Imo

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With AEW charging the old school $50 plus rates for PPVs they tend to save the biggest moments for those shows.Cole, Regal, Danielson, Moxely 1st appearances, Punk's first match etc.

I can see an MJF return at All Out with his first Match at Grand Slam a couple weeks later making a lot of sense if booked right

Yeah, this makes sense.

I’m just baffled with the mox/punk thing

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does make you feel good to know people like Sammy & tay, and especially Britt baker are not acting in their heel roles.

Made too much sense

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I can’t wait for him to get his moment in front of a crowd.

He deserves it.

That pop at the 2020 rumble has blown away anything we’ve seen in the live crowd ppvs post covid. And it’s not close Imo
Yeah, he's a great performer. Also a great story similar to Cody where he fizzled out during his first run but rather than bury the company he went on the indies and improved his overall game. It's hard not to root for him.