• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alfred Morris

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like what I saw from rawls but his performance in those games does not mean that he should be the shoe in as the starter RB, we should definitely look into drafting a RB and bring some competition into training camp look at who we have at RB besides Rawls. We have Bryce Brown, Christine Michaels and Fred Jackson all of whom needs to GO. The thing is with Rawls coming off that fractured ankle will he be the same back coming back next season or is this a sign that rawls may not be dependable to start all 16 games including possible playoffs remember the guy is only "5'9 guys like him and doug martin get hurt

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like what I saw from rawls but his performance in those games does not mean that he should be the shoe in as the starter RB, we should definitely look into drafting a RB and bring some competition into training camp look at who we have at RB besides Rawls. We have Bryce Brown, Christine Michaels and Fred Jackson all of whom needs to GO. The thing is with Rawls coming off that fractured ankle will he be the same back coming back next season or is this a sign that rawls may not be dependable to start all 16 games including possible playoffs remember the guy is only "5'9 guys like him and doug martin get hurt
So what's so reprehensible about all of our RB depth that it needs to be completely overhauled? I think Michael showed enough that he may be worth another look as a backup. It's not like he's going to cost much.

I think Rawls absolutely goes into camp as the odds-on favorite to be the starter -- burden of proof is on the field to take his job -- but yeah if we don't bring back any of the other RBs then I guess we'll be looking to add a couple.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that as long as Rawls is healthy and in shape in time for training camp, it's his job to lose. Obviously he can't come into camp out of shape and/or acting like he's got the job on lockdown, so he doesn't have to try hard, but I don't expect him to do that and I wouldn't expect Carroll to just give him the job if he did. Having said that, if he comes in healthy, in shape and ready to take the job I think his previous success, however brief, should prevent the Seahawks from going out and signing a veteran guy to a decent sized contract, only to have Rawls come in and outperform him in camp and the preseason. We saw a similar scenario play out in 2012 and it resulted in the Seahawks having the cheapest starting QB in the league and one of the most expensive backup QBs in the league. I don't think they're eager to have that scenario play out again. I think Morris will be looking for a deal that should prevent the Seahawks from seriously considering him.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rawls, will be the starter unless the injury sets him back. MC will be back I think and a bunch of UDFA and maybe the Seahawks actual spends a draft pick on a RB, maybe. Don't think they'll spend any dollars on a FA RB myself. They got bigger priorities.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rawls was dynamic. No reason to think that he won't be the quick hitting back who seeks contact that he was last year.

Micheals played well enough for a back up role, and Jackson was a decent receiving option/blocker as a 3rd down back. If they both want to play for minimum or close to it then I don't see a problem. But both are easily replaceable also.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Joigue Bell, now that Detroit has released him. He should be cheap - and would appear to be a great player to fill the 3rd down pass catching role out of the backfield.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Joigue Bell, now that Detroit has released him. He should be cheap - and would appear to be a great player to fill the 3rd down pass catching role out of the backfield.
I was thinking he might get a look from the Seahawks, surely injury prone though.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what's so reprehensible about all of our RB depth that it needs to be completely overhauled? I think Michael showed enough that he may be worth another look as a backup. It's not like he's going to cost much.

I think Rawls absolutely goes into camp as the odds-on favorite to be the starter -- burden of proof is on the field to take his job -- but yeah if we don't bring back any of the other RBs then I guess we'll be looking to add a couple.

Right now our shoe in starter that everyone wants in Rawls is coming off a fractured ankle injury, fred Jackson is only good for receiving out of the backfield, Bryce brown was claimed only for depth and there is Michaels a player that can have a descent game but can be inconsistent. We should cut Jackson and look into adding another young back or possibly a veteran like DeAngelo Williams if the price is right

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now our shoe in starter that everyone wants in Rawls is coming off a fractured ankle injury, fred Jackson is only good for receiving out of the backfield, Bryce brown was claimed only for depth and there is Michaels a player that can have a descent game but can be inconsistent. We should cut Jackson and look into adding another young back or possibly a veteran like DeAngelo Williams if the price is right
Yeah, with the favorite to win the starter coming off injury, maybe it's not so wise to just clean house on every other RB. I guess that's the point. I would be shocked if Michael isn't brought back.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, with the favorite to win the starter coming off injury, maybe it's not so wise to just clean house on every other RB. I guess that's the point. I would be shocked if Michael isn't brought back.

Well maybe looking back I probably shouldn't have said Michaels he did have some descent games as the starting back it just seems when he starts its either he does a solid job or the run game is nonexistent. but IMO Jackson is one dimensional and there is nothing special about Bryce brown

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well maybe looking back I probably shouldn't have said Michaels he did have some descent games as the starting back it just seems when he starts its either he does a solid job or the run game is nonexistent. but IMO Jackson is one dimensional and there is nothing special about Bryce brown

On the bright side, the Hawks have more options and more time to consider those options than they did after Rawls went down. I wouldn't be surprised to see a third down back/receiver out of the backfield type get signed, even if it isn't Jackson and they don't necessarily need to spend a lot for a decent backup. It comes down to how soon Rawls will be ready to go. If he's healthy sooner rather than later, they won't have to spend as much on running backs. If they have to go to a plan B, they might decide to spend a little more for a solid fill-in.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the bright side, the Hawks have more options and more time to consider those options than they did after Rawls went down. I wouldn't be surprised to see a third down back/receiver out of the backfield type get signed, even if it isn't Jackson and they don't necessarily need to spend a lot for a decent backup. It comes down to how soon Rawls will be ready to go. If he's healthy sooner rather than later, they won't have to spend as much on running backs. If they have to go to a plan B, they might decide to spend a little more for a solid fill-in.
Last I heard, Rawls was suppose to be ready to start the season. Anybody hear different?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't heard anything different about his status for next season. Recovery timetables just have a habit of being unpredictable and I'd like the Seahawks to be prepared for any scenario. I certainly hope he's ready to go on-time.