• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alfred Morris

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant more that Hillman has a tendency to look for the big play at the cost of sometimes just taking the 3-4 yard gain and moving onto the next play. Because of this it has put our offense behind early making it difficult to sustain the offense. That is why I love Anderson's running so much more when he is healthy in he is almost always getting positive yards on every play.

As for AP this year well he has had some of the worst run blocking in the league. I would look more into past years to see he is always looking to run downhill then try for the big play.
I suppose your right. By the way, can't quite remember but who ended up with the rushing title this year? :)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was interesting not one RB had a 100 yard day in the playoffs this weekend.

Pass league!

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with CD and can see why he'd cite some of Hilman's long runs. You can't take those out because they happened. But they also skew his averages and when you view those runs as outliers (because they are) you see a RB that is not suitable to be a feature back. He's not consistent enough. CJ has broken some pretty long runs this year too, and I believe Morris would next year, plus he's a grinder. Morris is a very patient runner who will get 3-4 yards even if first contact is right at or slightly behind the LoS.

Also, Randy, no need to say "uncle." Just because we're all Broncos fans doesn't mean we all have to agree. I can appreciate you sticking up for Hilman because he has had his moments this year.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks ikf and your right. I respect everyone here and their opinions and I think that some posts we write seem more venomous than intended but that's tha nature of the beast I guess in today's world. I would be happy as hell to have a featured back someday but those guys are extremely rare and more and more coaches/teams are hesitant anymore to expose them to that workload because more times than not,their not available in Dec. or playoffs because of injury. I think the two back committee is gaining more and more " common sense " if you will, with that kind of mindset in NFL. So,that being said....I think Anderson and Hilman make a lot of sense in running back by committee era and for Kubiaks system. But if the price isn't right, I know either back can be replaced and they should have no problem finding guys as good if not better. Just improve O line and they (Denver) will be fine. I am a bit of a Hilman guy now because I know he's worked extremely hard and I want to see him get the kudos I believe he's earned last year and half. :)

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RB is not a problem with this team. The o line is the number 1 concern. Draft a RB late. Don't need to sign Foster, Morris or whoever hasn't done a thing this year. How are any of those guys an upgrade? Just don't understand.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we need a group hug right about now.

RB is not a problem with this team. The o line is the number 1 concern. Draft a RB late. Don't need to sign Foster, Morris or whoever hasn't done a thing this year. How are any of those guys an upgrade? Just don't understand.

We can have a group hug, but I'm not standing next to Malibu when we do it. :dhd:

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok then in one hour we'll all feel a collected subliminal virtual Denver Broncos group hug which will totally enhance a victory Sunday for Broncos and Hilman will get mvp and somebody on this board will win the Power Ball lottery and we'll all have another group hug in person in Cabo San Lucas at Hacienda Del Mar as we all take part in a all inclusive drink and eat fest. Sold! :)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in for Randy's scenario (don't buy lotto tickets myself).

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would say OL and RB are both clearly problems at this point. Gotta get better at each.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Morris makes some sense, but I really feel like CJ, Hillman, and perhaps even Thompson are all capable of producing at high levels.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like a year were the OL is not the problem before I would make changes with the RB's . I don't think they are .

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this Morris makes the most sense if we are..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Morris makes some sense, but I really feel like CJ, Hillman, and perhaps even Thompson are all capable of producing at high levels.

They have all shown promise at different times but I would also say they have all shown some major weaknesses health being at the top of the list for all 3.

Anderson:
Very good pad level
Has the ability to really grind out the tough yards
Has enough speed to be able to get to the outside and get the big play
Has gotten better as he has gotten more comfortable with the system this year
Decent receiver and blocker

Negatives:
Seems to have a fumbling problem lately
Can't trust him to hold up for 200 or more carries in a given season/injuries

Hillman
Great speed
decent hands
Has shown more power this year than in past years
Willing blocker

Negatives:
Goes down with arm tackles way too often
Wants to bump it outside to get the big play/boom or bust kind of player
Sometimes can have some mental lapses on the field
Fumbling problem in the past but seems a bit better this year
Health

Thompson:
Tough between the tackles runner
Better speed than you think

Negatives:
Health seems to be at the top of the list
Seems lost sometimes of what he is supposed to be doing
Not really enough info on him to make too much of a judgment though

Now given every RB in the NFL has both positives and negatives. When I see Health and Fumbling being something 2 of the 3 have shown they struggle with though that to me shows we can definitely get an upgrade.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say OL and RB are both clearly problems at this point. Gotta get better at each.

I think if we improve the OL, it will improve the running game. But if we lose Hillman (which is very possible), I'm sure we will look to bring someone else in. Probably just as insurance and probably a later round pick (4+), which is absolutely fine with me. I think the Foster love is just one of those things that if he is still a FA after the draft and we didn't come away with anything significant, maybe we bring him in to push for the backup job or to help develop a younger guy.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I see Health and Fumbling being something 2 of the 3 have shown they struggle with though that to me shows we can definitely get an upgrade.

Good post, but I only quoted your last sentence. Is Morris better than CJ? Is he better than Thompson? Answers aren't clear to me.