• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alfred Morris

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is why Morris is still an upgrade: Hillman's best games have come when he is used in tandem with CJ. Our running game has been awful without CJ. With Morris and CJ splitting carries instead of Hillman we have two backs that can absolutely take over a game. Hillman just doesn't have that ability. If he gets touched he's going down. Morris and CJ can both truck guys.
Wonder how Hilman managed 4.2 yds per carry being such a pussy. Don't jump on the bandwagon Hilman goes down so easy posts. I hope you have access to all the games and take the time to really watch him and then make those comments. Am I the only guy that watched him this yr? :)

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder how Hilman managed 4.2 yds per carry being such a pussy. Don't jump on the bandwagon Hilman goes down so easy posts. I hope you have access to all the games and take the time to really watch him and then make those comments. Am I the only guy that watched him this yr? :)

I'm sorry, when did I call Hilman a pussy?

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if this would matter much but Morris recently said he wants to retire a Redskin. Regardless, I think Morris is a good RB that could really benefit himself and his team if he found a good fit.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is why Morris is still an upgrade: Hillman's best games have come when he is used in tandem with CJ. Our running game has been awful without CJ. With Morris and CJ splitting carries instead of Hillman we have two backs that can absolutely take over a game. Hillman just doesn't have that ability. If he gets touched he's going down. Morris and CJ can both truck guys.
" If he gets touched he's going down " I think qualifies calling him a pussy. That is just untrue and undeserved especially this season.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if this would matter much but Morris recently said he wants to retire a Redskin. Regardless, I think Morris is a good RB that could really benefit himself and his team if he found a good fit.

Something that is very tough to do especially for a player who is not of star status.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
" If he gets touched he's going down " I think qualifies calling him a pussy. That is just untrue and undeserved especially this season.

Hilman has struggled to break tackles this year. That's a fair critique. He cannot be a feature back. It does not "qualify" as calling him a pussy to say this. I like Hilman but I think our offense would be better with Morris.

You're too smart to put words in someone else's mouth like that, or to assume that if someone thinks another player is an upgrade that they think lowly of one of our players.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is fair to say that Hillman lacks the ability to break tackles without implying that he is a pussy ..

Let's face it, he is very small

3-denver-broncos-jpg.32618.jpg

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smile. Uncle. Can't wait to watch him Sunday between the tackles and watch how many times he gets those tough 4 yd gains on first down. I will be expecting apologies on Ronnies behalf. I will also expect some to come up with some excuse when he does also. :)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is to Ronnie running for 200 and 4 on Saturday. I think we will all be very happy... (and shocked)

:pound:

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hillman has been better than I had hoped, so props to him

On the other hand, Evan Mathis has bombed here

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is to Ronnie running for 200 and 4 on Saturday. I think we will all be very happy... (and shocked)

:pound:
I hope he saves it for Sunday. Would be more impressive than at practice. ;)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hillman has been better than I had hoped, so props to him

On the other hand, Evan Mathis has bombed here

I am sorta the reverse. I was pretty high on him coming out. Like I was Cody Latimer. :(

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@randymon how does Hillman have a 4.2 yard per carry average? Well I would say his long runs have really helped in that department.

To me look at his game log. He has 8 games this year averaging under 3.5 yards per carry. Heck he has 3 games this year averaging under 2 yards per carry. Then he has a few games where he is averaging over 7 yards per carry. Those are the ones where he had his huge runs that really helped his average. He is a streaky player that when there is a nice hole for him to run through he can hit it with some great speed and pick up some huge yards in chunks. The problem though is consistency with him. He is not one that can make something from nothing. I think that is what DC is speaking towards in trying to find that RB that can find those hidden yards in a game that make a team think they have them stopped and all of a sudden here they go for 10-12 yards extending drives just on sheer ability. Hillman isn't that guy so we can definitely upgrade the position.

Now for me I look at what David Johnson is doing for the AZ Cardinals this year as a rookie. He is truly that player that on any given play can take it the distance. He makes plays beyond what is expected. That is the type of player we need to find. CJ Anderson has shown that some but he just can't stay healthy enough to trust him to do it for an entire season.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? Throwing out Hillman's long runs - to get to his average? LOL

You can do the same to any Bronco RB that I can remember. The thing with Hillman and CJ is to get to the 2nd level - then break one.

The thing I like CJ (besides his moves and power) is his receiving stats - Hillman should have much better receiving stats.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can do the same to any Bronco RB that I can remember. The thing with Hillman and CJ is to get to the 2nd level - then break one.

The thing I like CJ (besides his moves and power) is his receiving stats - Hillman should have much better receiving stats.

You are right can't throw those completely out. I am more just pointing towards Hillman seems like a boom or bust kind of guy. You either get 0 yards or 10 yards on a carry. Where especially over the 2nd half of this season CJ when he has been in has been consistently getting positive yards every carry.

I mean look at CJ's game log from the Green Bay game on. He has only had one game where he averaged under 4 yards per carry and that was against the Steelers when he was hurt and only had 4 carries. That is why I trust him more to be the man in the playoffs for us and being able to get those positive yards especially on first down. That has been our problem in a lot of our losses this year is we have really struggled on 1st down in those games. It is why I struggle with Hillman in he wants to go sideways way too often instead of being ok picking up the 3-4 yards by cutting it back. So then we are stuck in 2nd and long and struggling to keep consistency going.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sorta the reverse. I was pretty high on him coming out. Like I was Cody Latimer. :(

I meant that Hillman has been better this year than I had hoped - at least he's been somewhat productive, whereas in the past he was a fumble or 2 yard loss waiting to happen

Latimer still has time ... He's got some spunk and is good on special teams .. Not that that will be his only role, but he seems really willing to contribute and down the line I think he will

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was going to say same thing. Might want to throw out AP's long runs and see how he avg's out. Watched quite few games where he's stuffed at line of scrimmage all game but broke a 80 yd run in 4th. I'll bet if you wanted to check, you could look at top 10 rbs this year, throw out their big runs and see what they avg rest of the time. Bet they would have hard time beating 3.8 which by the way is very respectable NFL wise. Please do

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to say same thing. Might want to throw out AP's long runs and see how he avg's out. Watched quite few games where he's stuffed at line of scrimmage all game but broke a 80 yd run in 4th. I'll bet if you wanted to check, you could look at top 10 rbs this year, throw out their big runs and see what they avg rest of the time. Bet they would have hard time beating 3.8 which by the way is very respectable NFL wise. Please do

I meant more that Hillman has a tendency to look for the big play at the cost of sometimes just taking the 3-4 yard gain and moving onto the next play. Because of this it has put our offense behind early making it difficult to sustain the offense. That is why I love Anderson's running so much more when he is healthy in he is almost always getting positive yards on every play.

As for AP this year well he has had some of the worst run blocking in the league. I would look more into past years to see he is always looking to run downhill then try for the big play.