• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alex Smith

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is so weird seeing this guy in a Chiefs jersey. He is the same old Alex, cautions but efficient. 7/8 on this drive, he looked really good but had a lot of dump offs and short stuff, he spread it around pretty well.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It is so weird seeing this guy in a Chiefs jersey. He is the same old Alex, cautions but efficient. 7/8 on this drive, he looked really good but had a lot of dump offs and short stuff, he spread it around pretty well.

so from a fantasy perspective, Jamaal Charles with extra credit?

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so from a fantasy perspective, Jamaal Charles with extra credit?

If he stays healthy, Charles should definitely be a first rounder guy in any fantasy league. He was a 1,500 yard rusher last season, add on top of that Reid's offense and all of the screen passes and it looks like a big year for him.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If he stays healthy, Charles should definitely be a first rounder guy in any fantasy league. He was a 1,500 yard rusher last season, add on top of that Reid's offense and all of the screen passes and it looks like a big year for him.

ok i'm sold, except I have pick #7. :-(

don't think he'll last that long but you never know?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense was vanilla, but Smith was mobile, and he avoided pressure-sacks. Nothing spectacular but I'm sure the Chief fans are happy. He looked like he was focused and he was talking and telling everyone on the oline individually good job after the series. I didn't see him do that here. Maybe he did, I don't know.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense was vanilla, but Smith was mobile, and he avoided pressure-sacks. Nothing spectacular but I'm sure the Chief fans are happy. He looked like he was focused and he was talking and telling everyone on the oline individually good job after the series. I didn't see him do that here. Maybe he did, I don't know.

His final couple seasons here he really took on that leadership role. He has carried that over to KC since he arrived there, he immediately took over a leader of the team. The guys there really respect him and are extremely happy to have him there. The DB's talk about his intelligence and how seldom they get to intercept him; when they do they definitely have to trash talk (according to interviews).

As for Chiefs fans, they are stoaked. My facebook and twitter feeds were full of Alex Smith, Andy Reid and Chiefs love. One person even went as far as to say that they got a steal, only having to give a 2nd.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Wait... is that what I think it is?

An Alex Smith thread!!!

[YOUTUBE]UPw-3e_pzqU[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His final couple seasons here he really took on that leadership role. He has carried that over to KC since he arrived there, he immediately took over a leader of the team. The guys there really respect him and are extremely happy to have him there. The DB's talk about his intelligence and how seldom they get to intercept him; when they do they definitely have to trash talk (according to interviews).

As for Chiefs fans, they are stoaked. My facebook and twitter feeds were full of Alex Smith, Andy Reid and Chiefs love. One person even went as far as to say that they got a steal, only having to give a 2nd.

I'm sure they'll feel the same when they discover that it was 2 seconds. (My opinion is they will be 8-8 at least - Reid will get them a few wins, some are gimmies, and sometimes you get lucky. Everything beyond that, is gravy.) I think it was Sickness who said that both Reid and Smith, by themselves are good enough to get a team from low to good/mediocre (but not great/SB). Together? Just kidding.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure they'll feel the same when they discover that it was 2 seconds. (My opinion is they will be 8-8 at least - Reid will get them a few wins, some are gimmies, and sometimes you get lucky. Everything beyond that, is gravy.) I think it was Sickness who said that both Reid and Smith, by themselves are good enough to get a team from low to good/mediocre (but not great/SB). Together? Just kidding.

The crazy thing about the Chiefs is that they are one of the most talented teams in the NFL, which is funny considering their record last season. They are kind of like us before Harbaugh took over, we were pretty crappy record wise and just needed the right coach to lead us. The Chiefs are very similar to us a few years ago. I expect 10 wins from them this season and a 2nd place finish in the west.

The Chiefs also had no QB, they had Matt Cassel (the worst starting QB in the league) and Brady Quinn leading them. After them, Smith is going to look like Steve Young.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sick, Alex is going to be a part of 49er discussions for at least this season. After this season, I would imagine the threads die down.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Sick, Alex is going to be a part of 49er discussions for at least this season. After this season, I would imagine the threads die down.

I know. I'm just being melodramatic.

7u3.jpg

...never thought I'd be able to use that again.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, I always loved that pic

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone should be surprised if the Chiefs win that division. The Bronco's are a ticking time bomb with Manning at QB. Manning's age or the dreaded injury bug are that teams worst enemies everyday. If he goes down the Bronco's likely miss the playoffs. Even with Manning though I don't think it's a stretch that the Chiefs could win 10 games and put pressure on them. Andy Reid is the best coach they have had in years and Alex is probably the best QB they have had since Montana.

The Chiefs really are a similar team to us before Harbaugh came along. A team full of talent that just doesn't know how to win. I expect Alex and Reid will change that this year. The Chiefs will be the most improved team in the NFL.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The broncos don't lose the west. Peyton is fine, the team has more than enough talent to lose a player or two.

Pharcyde

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for Alex! At least I can enjoy him whip on the raiders twice this year!

And on the way to bringing home a 2nd rounder!

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Smith kicks ass.