• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alex Smith traded to Skins

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than interceptions...however, interceptions are accounted for in QB rating.

Nah.. he is right.. Smith has a better win percentage while playing on a team with a defense and running game.

Smith has also fumbles less.

Going to be interesting to see how Smith does in DC. He is a better QB, so anything less than 11 Wins and a Playoffs win is a failure in my book.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@j_y19 @gkekoa @skinsdad62

Look on the bright side guys. For at least the next 2-3 years WE get to dissect the QBs every snap, blame him for every loss, and gloss over every performance in a win.

It might be refreshing to be the town Richards for a change. :suds:

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said the numbers do not lie. Every statistical category, KC wins. Completion percentage, YPA which nullifies both your yardage and pass attempt argument, QB rating, and QBR. You fail to even look at the statistical outlier (which every statistician in the world would bring up) that was this past season. Oh, and 25YPG is significant.

When did I say the numbers do not lie?? I’m not a stat whore....I was kinda pointing that out. I’m more of an eye test guy. And my eyes tell me that they are about equal.

But if you want me to take it a step further and give you something else to dissect....

If Smith throws those extra 3 passes a game and is dead even with Kirk in attempts (over that 3 year period) he probably completes a couple of those for around 15 yards total, which closes the +25YPG more to +10YPG.

Are you going to try and convince me that an extra 10 yards a game is significant?? A first down??
Because you failed to convince me that .3% better in completion percentage or .3 QBR or .3 YPA (that’s 12 fucking inches) is somehow significantly better.

And you may want to look at this seasons stats again...they look dead even to me.

National Football League Stats - by Player Category | NFL.com

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did I say the numbers do not lie?? I’m not a stat whore....I was kinda pointing that out. I’m more of an eye test guy. And my eyes tell me that they are about equal.

But if you want me to take it a step further and give you something else to dissect....

If Smith throws those extra 3 passes a game and is dead even with Kirk in attempts (over that 3 year period) he probably completes a couple of those for around 15 yards total, which closes the +25YPG more to +10YPG.

Are you going to try and convince me that an extra 10 yards a game is significant?? A first down??
Because you failed to convince me that .3% better in completion percentage or .3 QBR or .3 YPA (that’s 12 fucking inches) is somehow significantly better.

And you may want to look at this seasons stats again...

The real test will be this coming season.

If Smith can maintain his career year "eye test" rating with a Bruce Allen roster, then yea.. you are right. Smith is a better QB.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And you may want to look at this seasons stats again...they look dead even to me.

You didn’t; however, you replied to a comment I made to another poster’s post. Perhaps you should read why I replied to them because I don’t have time to keep all you imaginary people separate. If you add on to a reply, it is assumed you know my conversation.

Again, we are going with a three year average. Again, this year was a statistical outlier for KC and Alex Smith. This year they were very close. The two previous years, without too many injuries to list, KC blew Smith out of the damn water. Keep up. It is called analytics.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some awesome stats being posted as a fact that KC is clearly a better QB than Smith.

How about the fact, in the last 7 NFL seasons Alex has a winning record as a starting QB?

How about the fact, KC has fumbled the ball 31 times compared to Alex's 13 over the last three seasons?

Those don't seem like the stats you should use to determine the better qb.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, we are going with a three year average. Again, this year was a statistical outlier for KC and Alex Smith. This year they were very close. The two previous years, without too many injuries to list, KC blew Smith out of the damn water. Keep up. It is called analytics.

Ok. All caught up I think. :rolleyes2:

But if we are talking analytics, then shouldn’t it be considered that the two years KC killed it, he collectively had one of/if not the best receiving corps in the league in Reed, Garçon, D-Jax, and Crowder? Should it be considered that the passing game was a MUCH larger part of Washington’s offense and the rushing game a MUCH larger part of KCs offense?? That that may have contributed to Cousins having much better numbers some years??

But you just keep doing what you are doing. I’m not trying to continue to convince you that they are equal QBs when you can’t see the forest for the trees. Hope Smith throws for 4,000 yards and 35 TDS next year or he will be crucified by some of you people. Who cares if he wins 10-11 games as long as he gets them stats!!!

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope Smith throws for 4,000 yards and 35 TDS next year or he will be crucified by some of you people. Who cares if he wins 10-11 games as long as he gets them stats!!!

Not me hoss..... if he throws for 5500 yards, and the team goes 6-10... well you know the rules around here. :thumb:

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not me hoss..... if he throws for 5500 yards, and the team goes 6-10... well you know the rules around here. :thumb:

If Smith leads us to a playoff win you and skinsdad still wont credit the FO. That is being a hater.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Smith leads us to a playoff win you and skinsdad still wont credit the FO. That is being a hater.

OH no, if this works and we make the playoffs.. I will admit that Bruce is the smartest kiss ass in the NFL.. or the luckiest.

But again, I'm not accepting a SINGLE excuse if this team does not make the playoffs and win a playoffs game this year. IM feeling my inner Dean after all.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OH no, if this works and we make the playoffs.. I will admit that Bruce is the smartest kiss ass in the NFL.. or the luckiest.

But again, I'm not accepting a SINGLE excuse if this team does not make the playoffs and win a playoffs game this year. IM feeling my inner Dean after all.

lol. So if 2018 is like the injury plagued 2017 that is not a valid excuse?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. So if 2018 is like the injury plagued 2017 that is not a valid excuse?

Was it a valid excuse for our record in 2017??

We got the better QB, so he SHOULD be able to carry the team right??

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it a valid excuse for our record in 2017??

We got the better QB, so he SHOULD be able to carry the team right??

I never blamed KC for the 2017 season. The injures were way too much for any QB. Now you are being crazy. Just b/c I don't think KC is worth 30M per season you got all pissy.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some awesome stats being posted as a fact that KC is clearly a better QB than Smith.

How about the fact, in the last 7 NFL seasons Alex has a winning record as a starting QB?

How about the fact, KC has fumbled the ball 31 times compared to Alex's 13 over the last three seasons?

2017 (10-6) KC was ninth in rushing and 15 points allowed...Skins 28 rushing and 27 points allowed
2016 (12-4) KC was 15 in rushing and 7 in points allowed...Skins 21 and 19
2015 (11-5) KC was 6 and 7...Skins 20 and 28
2014 (9-7) KC was 10 and 7...Skins 19 and 20
2013 (11-5) KC was 10 and 24
2012 (11-4-1) SF was 4 and 2
2011 (13-3) SF was 8 and 2

2017 Mahomes was the leading passer in one game...he was 1-0.
2016 Nick Foles was the leading passer in two games...he was 2-0.
2014 Chase Daniel was the leading passer one game...he was 1-0.
2013 Chase Daniel lost a game as leading passer without several starters that were resting in week 17.
2012 Alex Smith lost his job to Kap. He was 5-2-1.

Alex Smith has had a ton of help and has never carried an offense. The players that subbed for him had a better win percentage than he did.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. All caught up I think. :rolleyes2:

But if we are talking analytics, then shouldn’t it be considered that the two years KC killed it, he collectively had one of/if not the best receiving corps in the league in Reed, Garçon, D-Jax, and Crowder? Should it be considered that the passing game was a MUCH larger part of Washington’s offense and the rushing game a MUCH larger part of KCs offense?? That that may have contributed to Cousins having much better numbers some years??

But you just keep doing what you are doing. I’m not trying to continue to convince you that they are equal QBs when you can’t see the forest for the trees. Hope Smith throws for 4,000 yards and 35 TDS next year or he will be crucified by some of you people. Who cares if he wins 10-11 games as long as he gets them stats!!!

Were they that good? Or did KC and this offense make them that good. All of them sucked ass this year. Better numbers every year except this year.

If Alex Smith wins games with the ranked rushing offense and 20 th ranked defense, I will bow to him. He won’t. History says he won’t. History says he has to be carried to victories and sure as hell cant carry an offense.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,971.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact Smith doesn't turn the ball over as much as KC is a win.

KC might put up flashier numbers, but Smith takes care of the ball and is much more mobile.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were they that good? Or did KC and this offense make them that good. All of them sucked ass this year. Better numbers every year except this year.

If Alex Smith wins games with the ranked rushing offense and 20 th ranked defense, I will bow to him. He won’t. History says he won’t. History says he has to be carried to victories and sure as hell cant carry an offense.

The redskins fan in me HOPES like hell Smith is everything the ABC crowd is propping him up to be because he is here and he aint Cousins which is all that really mattered to them.

The realist in me can see this has the potential to go down on the long list of Dan Snyder chasing guys who did well else were and proceeded to suck ass once that check cleared.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact Smith doesn't turn the ball over as much as KC is a win.

KC might put up flashier numbers, but Smith takes care of the ball and is much more mobile.

Smith played on a team with a real ground game and a real defense.

Now he MIGHT actually have to carry a team.

It should be interesting to see how he does at that.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,971.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith played on a team with a real ground game and a real defense.

Now he MIGHT actually have to carry a team.

It should be interesting to see how he does at that.

I think they'll be adding to the defense and the running game to put Smith in a position to succeed.