• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alex Smith = Tom Brady

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Stats: by Player Category

Look at the numbers of Brady and Smith.

Brady and Alex have same amount of TDs, Ints and passes over 40 yards
Brady has 1 more pass over 20 yards
Brady has 47 more attempts than Smith 363 more total passing yards
Smith actually has a higher average than Brady by .1 yards per completion
Same number of times they have been sacked too with 12
Smith and Brady are tied for second in 1st% at 41.6

That is so eerily similar I bet no one would believe you if you said it.

Basically only difference is that the 49ers run the ball a lot more than the Patriots. And the Niners have a better record.

BTW if I made some mistake it is 4 am and i'm tired as hell. but cant sleep due to how shitty the Giants played tonight.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Basically only difference is that the 49ers run the ball a lot more than the Patriots. And the Niners have a better record.

BTW if I made some mistake it is 4 am and i'm tired as hell. but cant sleep due to how shitty the Giants played tonight.

"We want to play like it's the last game of the season" - Panda

:frusty:

P.S. Thanks for the comparison info... it's interesting to think about (despite getting a bigger football man-crush on Kaepernick by the week).

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

If you really analyze these two stats, you'd see that Brady is by far the more superior player. Or you can say Brady has a better oline? To me though, it tells me he has a quicker release and is better of diagnosing plays faster while getting similar results. Just food for thought.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you really analyze these two stats, you'd see that Brady is by far the more superior player. Or you can say Brady has a better oline? To me though, it tells me he has a quicker release and is better of diagnosing plays faster while getting similar results. Just food for thought.

Or you could say they operate different offenses like he said. I for one know we don't have anyone that even comes close to Welker.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith, who had been criticized for his lack of deep passes, now has 15 of 20 or more yards. Ryan, who boasts wideouts Roddy White and Julio Jones, has 14 such completions.

Read more here: Sacramento Bee -- 49ers Blog and Q&A

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots' offense fired off 85 offensive snaps in Week 5, including 45 in the first half.
The Pats weren't just running a hurry-up offense; they ran a Chip Kelly-style fast-paced attack. "That was fast," acknowledged one Broncos player. "I don’t think I’ve seen anybody play that fast before and I’ve watched a lot of their games." The Patriots picked up an incredible 35 first downs. New England has essentially ran a different style of offense in each if its first five games to open the season. The Patriots lead the NFL in total yards, points scored, first downs, and snaps from scrimmage. It's great news for their fantasy players.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Brady has 3 Superbowl rings, and 5 Superbowl appearances.

Smith has none, and none.

By the time QBs retire, That is often the measuring stick by how they are judged. Marino and Jim Kelly were good QB but they are not at the top of anyone's list of best QBs.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots' offense fired off 85 offensive snaps in Week 5, including 45 in the first half.
The Pats weren't just running a hurry-up offense; they ran a Chip Kelly-style fast-paced attack. "That was fast," acknowledged one Broncos player. "I don’t think I’ve seen anybody play that fast before and I’ve watched a lot of their games." The Patriots picked up an incredible 35 first downs. New England has essentially ran a different style of offense in each if its first five games to open the season. The Patriots lead the NFL in total yards, points scored, first downs, and snaps from scrimmage. It's great news for their fantasy players.

Yeah, but look at what happens to Oregon whenever they play a tough SEC team with a dominant D..... they get their asses handed to them.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
brady in his early years was exactly what smith has been for us. set up for the kicker.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we seriously comparing Alex Smith to Tom Brady? Seriously or just for fun?

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we seriously comparing Alex Smith to Tom Brady? Seriously or just for fun?

I was comparing this years stats of Brady and Smith and they are very close to being the same. Look at them yourself.

This is not who is the better player ever or for his career thing. Just this year

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is cool that Smith is keeping up with Brady on the statistics front. It'll be damn impressive if he can do it over the stretch of the entire year. Hope he can do it, cause that should mean a whole bunch of wins with this defense.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was comparing this years stats of Brady and Smith and they are very close to being the same. Look at them yourself.

This is not who is the better player ever or for his career thing. Just this year

No need for me look - I trust you Hangman. I was just wonder aloud if some were perhaps implying a skill correlation due to the statistical correlation - No worries.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ha ha. I hear you.