• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alex Smith leads the league

SRPnVA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is to peev off many but the hell!!!

Smith just got to do what he needs to do when he needs to do.... Having a great year Alex, keep it up!

Glad to see a media driven site support the comebacks by Smith this season.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Congratulations to Alex! He has gone through hell to earn these accolades and he deserves every one of them - Here's to hoping they continue! :tea:

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Being coached by "Captain Come Back" must be rubbing off on Alex Smith... I guess that makes him " Corporal Come Back"

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's pretty good because he is doing it with run of the mill wide receivers, an excellent tight end who is underutlized in the passing game and never throwing at all to Frank Gore.

That's a great point, Ghost, the checkdown seems like almost a rarity now. Gore is on pace to catch 60% fewer passes than last year.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a great point, Ghost, the checkdown seems like almost a rarity now. Gore is on pace to catch 60% fewer passes than last year.

Not a great point at all. We're 31st in the league in passing attempts per game. It's obvious whose numbers are gonna drop.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Yes. Gore was a weapon in the passing game before. I think the last 5 games he has caught 6 passes for about 45 yards, getting shutout completely in two of those games and never catching more than two balls in any one game.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also leads the league in sheepish grins in the locker room

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not a great point at all. We're 31st in the league in passing attempts per game. It's obvious whose numbers are gonna drop.

Our pass attempts are down 15% from last year, Gore's receptions are down 60%. Although the #'s are relatively small, that clearly indicates a philosophical shift away from check-down passes to down-field passes.

Furthermore, one doesn't need the stat sheet to verify this, just watching the games is all that is necessary. I said it was a great point because the check down passes have seemed to quietly disappear from our offense and they have.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They still shouldn't forget about Gore completely as they seem to have. Especially with the mediocre talent they have on the outside.

I actually like Hunter or even Miller in the pass catching role better than Gore. Hunter is faster, quicker and better in space and Miller has shown he has the ability to catch and get up field. At this stage in his career, I like the idea of preserving Gore for rushing. What do you think?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our checkdown passes are to olinemen and NTs now. ;)

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our pass attempts are down 15% from last year, Gore's receptions are down 60%. Although the #'s are relatively small, that clearly indicates a philosophical shift away from check-down passes to down-field passes.

Furthermore, one doesn't need the stat sheet to verify this, just watching the games is all that is necessary. I said it was a great point because the check down passes have seemed to quietly disappear from our offense and they have.

Gore's YPC average is up from last year as well, which means the coaching staff is gonna use him more in that role. I don't think it's a shift in philosophy, just going with what we're doing best.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Our checkdown passes are to olinemen and NTs now. ;)

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!...Too-Shay...you got me!

I can't believe I'm about to write this but I hope to see more of those. Staley's 1st down demonstration was awesome!! Right now our lineman are averaging 17.5 yards a reception - I say put 'em outside the numbers!

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yet that's how opposing defenses view Smith as, a dink n dunker QB still...

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Gore's YPC average is up from last year as well, which means the coaching staff is gonna use him more in that role. I don't think it's a shift in philosophy, just going with what we're doing best.

I can agree with that. By whatever word defines the change, it is nice that our strengths have become opening holes and looking down-field before just dumping it off.