• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aldon Smith voted 2012 team MVP

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Just wanted to say for all the people who say Aldon Smith is "average" without Justin Smith...

He got 6.5 of his 19.5 sacks from the left side, and he got one sack chasing down Aaron Rodgers (diving for his feet) not falling for a bootleg. I guess Aldon Smith is average without Ray McDonald.

Also, he's still one of only 2 players in black at practice because he's been playing hurt since the New England game.

Dude is gonna tear Bryant McKinnie a new one on Sunday! (if McKinnie is still playing LT).

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm pretty sure he was hurt before the New England game. I feel like he has been on the injury report with a shoulder injury for months.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aldon has zero sacks without Justin Smith in the lineup too... or close to it.

But doesn't matter, there's one game left... one chance...

one moment.

seize it!

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aldon has zero sacks without Justin Smith in the lineup too... or close to it.

But doesn't matter, there's one game left... one chance...

one moment.

seize it!

Does anyone else hear Eminem?

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wanted to say for all the people who say Aldon Smith is "average" without Justin Smith...

He got 6.5 of his 19.5 sacks from the left side, and he got one sack chasing down Aaron Rodgers (diving for his feet) not falling for a bootleg. I guess Aldon Smith is average without Ray McDonald.

Also, he's still one of only 2 players in black at practice because he's been playing hurt since the New England game.

Dude is gonna tear Bryant McKinnie a new one on Sunday! (if McKinnie is still playing LT).

How about if I had worded it like this:

Aldon Smith is more effective when Justin Smith is playing.

I acknowledge that my previous posts on this matter were over the top, and somewhat impulsive.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Aldon Smith is more effective when Justin Smith is playing.

This is definitely true. I'll bet a lot of OLBs wish they lined up next to Justin Smith.

It's kind of like when Ray Lewis played behind Sam Adams & Tony Siragusa. Ray was a great MLB regarldess, but the defense was obscene with him lining up behind that mass of humanity.

Biggest difference between Aldon & Ray? Smith DID kill that mutha #$%@'n Lion. :)

See 1:15

Last edited by a moderator:

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is definitely true. I'll bet a lot of OLBs wish they lined up next to Justin Smith.

It's kind of like when Ray Lewis played behind Sam Adams & Tony Siragusa. Ray was a great MLB regarldess, but the defense was obscene with him lining up behind that mass of humanity.

Biggest difference between Aldon & Ray? Smith DID kill that mutha #$%@'n Lion. :)

Watching that actually made me feel sorry for Roethlisberger. And I hate that fucker.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, I came here thinking that the thread title was "Alex Smith..."

Yeah. I was wondering why people kept calling him Aldon. ;) I'm just going to assume the MVP went to Colin Kaepernick. Oops, I mean, Alex Smith.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw the "Al..." and then "Smith" and...

...yeah. Carry on.

:pizza:

There was a poll on who will win the Super Bowl MVP and the option for Aldon Smith was "A. Smith" - I would have picked that as a joke for Alex, but I wanted to give my real answer instead. Why throw away the vote?

As to the above post of mine, I was just making fun of myself for my QB-centric posts, not you for the mix-up. People probably think it's Alex-centric - but a big part of that was because he was the QB. Now, with CK as the man, my focus is towards him, except of course, when discussing trades of Alex Smith.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very strange choice.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry, couldn't watch the video. That fucked up rap song had me turning it off after 30 seconds.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a volume knob on there...

Ya, but I would know that that sickening nonsense was still playing in the background and it would ruin the video experience for me.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very strange choice.

Haha!! I felt the same way - Obviously, Aldon's clear lack of production in the absence of Justin makes Justin "More Valuable" than Aldon - I think they got that one wrong from a true "value" perspective

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of worthy options.

Justin Smith
Aldon Smith
Patrick Willis
David Akers
Navorro Bowman
Frank Gore
Michael Crabtree

I might have picked Bowman over Aldon, cause next year Aldon's jheri curls will win it.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lots of worthy options.

Justin Smith
Aldon Smith
Patrick Willis
David Akers
Navorro Bowman
Frank Gore
Michael Crabtree

I might have picked Bowman over Aldon, cause next year Aldon's jheri curls will win it.

wha

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha!! I felt the same way - Obviously, Aldon's clear lack of production in the absence of Justin makes Justin "More Valuable" than Aldon - I think they got that one wrong from a true "value" perspective

Justin got the Len Eshmont so that's cool. In my opinion though he is the anchor of the defense and the one guy they cannot afford to lose there.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of worthy options.

Justin Smith
Aldon Smith
Patrick Willis
David Akers
Navorro Bowman
Frank Gore
Michael Crabtree

Ha ha, Nice! I like the way you hid that one in the middle.