• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aldon Smith Suspended 1 year

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually shocked this happened so quickly. When he was suspended from the Niners I remember it taking forever. I could be off on that though.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually shocked this happened so quickly. When he was suspended from the Niners I remember it taking forever. I could be off on that though.

With the appeals, it's possible it could still take quite awhile before he has to serve the suspension.

Although not sure he will appeal or not. Kind of hard to argue against a year suspension when you have already served a 9 gamer and the theory of increasing punishments is the norm.

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true. Well it's not like the raiders didn't know this suspension was coming so I'm sure they planned around it. Are the planning in resigning him after the suspension?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true. Well it's not like the raiders didn't know this suspension was coming so I'm sure they planned around it. Are the planning in resigning him after the suspension?

I am surprised because I haven't heard a word of this coming and then all of a sudden the suspension happened. I heard the Raiders are interested in signing him after this year and if I am not mistaken they only owe him this year for the games played.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the appeals, it's possible it could still take quite awhile before he has to serve the suspension.

Although not sure he will appeal or not. Kind of hard to argue against a year suspension when you have already served a 9 gamer and the theory of increasing punishments is the norm.

From what I understand he went around the locker room today and told teammates good bye. It doesn't sound like this is one of those he appeals and so he keeps on playing type situations.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I understand he went around the locker room today and told teammates good bye. It doesn't sound like this is one of those he appeals and so he keeps on playing type situations.

I am not sure what he would gain by appealing. Under the terms of his probation he cannot drink at all and then drive meaning he can't drive even after consuming a beer. I am sure there is proof he consumed alcohol when the DUI test was administered.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure what he would gain by appealing. Under the terms of his probation he cannot drink at all and then drive meaning he can't drive even after consuming a beer. I am sure there is proof he consumed alcohol when the DUI test was administered.

With the league usually punishing harsher with each penalty against a player it makes sense that it was bumped to a year. I mean he was suspended for what 9 games with the 49ers? So anything less than at least 10 games would have made no sense. Also have to consider the fact that after the whole DUI/reckless driving/damage to property or whatever it was that has brought about this suspension he then had the incident in the Air Port after. So yeah this is one that while I could see the league taking it down just a bit if he does appeal I can't see it being anything less than 10 games. The rest of this season for sure is gone for him and the Raiders.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the league usually punishing harsher with each penalty against a player it makes sense that it was bumped to a year. I mean he was suspended for what 9 games with the 49ers? So anything less than at least 10 games would have made no sense. Also have to consider the fact that after the whole DUI/reckless driving/damage to property or whatever it was that has brought about this suspension he then had the incident in the Air Port after. So yeah this is one that while I could see the league taking it down just a bit if he does appeal I can't see it being anything less than 10 games. The rest of this season for sure is gone for him and the Raiders.

What is really crazy is all he had to do was put a note on the woman's car and nothing would have ever come out of it.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is really crazy is all he had to do was put a note on the woman's car and nothing would have ever come out of it.

Most of these guys have not been known for being big time intelligent adults. They have gotten to where they are on physical talent alone. They have had everything handed to them and many times in college they have a lot of their mistakes covered up by a university that knows these guys make them a ton of money. The NFL is a little different situation because especially when you become a big name everybody is looking for any mistake you make and blowing it up. This one though was a huge mistake. For most people this type of mistake leads to some decent jail time. So him being suspended for a year from the NFL honestly is small compared to what most would experience with this offense.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Staying clean for this year of suspension may be the hardest thing for him to do based on recent history. He needs to get away and fin new friends I think.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Staying clean for this year of suspension may be the hardest thing for him to do based on recent history. He needs to get away and fin new friends I think.

If I were him I would hire a full time driver so that he can't get a DUI. I would tell him no parties for the entire year. I would send him to some isolated place at least for the first couple of months so that he can continue to train like he is playing with everybody else and doesn't get out of shape. I would hire somebody to organize his schedule so he has something going on to keep his mind busy. His entire career depends on what happens in this next year. If he can stay clean, stay in shape, and show he has a big time desire to be great then some team will take a big shot at him and he could continue on to have a great career. He gets busted once in the next year or lets himself go a bit and no team will tough him.

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Niners stood by this guy WAY longer than they needed to, and this fool continues to take little shots at them. And all of a sudden he’s faithful and loyal to the Raiders? For what, immediately picking him up when 31 other teams didn’t want to touch this guy? Dude, you can rush the passer (or at least you used to be able to), that’s the only reason why guys like you and Hardy are still playing. I couldn’t care less what happens to this guy, and I doubt he ever has another All Pro type year.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Niners stood by this guy WAY longer than they needed to, and this fool continues to take little shots at them. And all of a sudden he’s faithful and loyal to the Raiders? For what, immediately picking him up when 31 other teams didn’t want to touch this guy? Dude, you can rush the passer (or at least you used to be able to), that’s the only reason why guys like you and Hardy are still playing. I couldn’t care less what happens to this guy, and I doubt he ever has another All Pro type year.

He hasn't looked like that dominant pass rusher in quite some time. Watching him play in 2014 when supposedly he was in the best shape of his career, he wasn't blowing past olineman,

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What are the odds of that happening? The guy can't keep out of his own way. He's as bad as Josh Gordon is.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what a waste of one's life :L

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He has a better chance of being elected the next Pope.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were him I would hire a full time driver so that he can't get a DUI. I would tell him no parties for the entire year. I would send him to some isolated place at least for the first couple of months so that he can continue to train like he is playing with everybody else and doesn't get out of shape. I would hire somebody to organize his schedule so he has something going on to keep his mind busy. His entire career depends on what happens in this next year. If he can stay clean, stay in shape, and show he has a big time desire to be great then some team will take a big shot at him and he could continue on to have a great career. He gets busted once in the next year or lets himself go a bit and no team will tough him.

Yep & he needs to do this for reasons beyond football. This type of behavior could get him injured or killed, kill others & also eventually result in big time financial losses especially if his NFL money dries up. Having said that - perhaps he is already cleaning up his life.

For an NFL player - especially a highly paid one - to get a DUI at this time is just ridiculous. All of them have the option of free rides via the NFL at any time. I realize that several don't want to use this service since it might brand them as drunks. Fine - there are plenty of other options - Uber, staying at a hotel or w/ friends, cabs, etc, etc even if they want to get drunk. These guys need to grow up.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep & he needs to do this for reasons beyond football. This type of behavior could get him injured or killed, kill others & also eventually result in big time financial losses especially if his NFL money dries up. Having said that - perhaps he is already cleaning up his life.

For an NFL player - especially a highly paid one - to get a DUI at this time is just ridiculous. All of them have the option of free rides via the NFL at any time. I realize that several don't want to use this service since it might brand them as drunks. Fine - there are plenty of other options - Uber, staying at a hotel or w/ friends, cabs, etc, etc even if they want to get drunk. These guys need to grow up.

Couldn't agree more. These players are handed a perfect situation to keep themselves from trouble yet they consistently seem to find a way to get in trouble (at least for some of these guys). I would think they know they have a short window to make a ton of money so they could refrain from some of these things that they know will only get them busted.

I honestly do hope Aldon gets his life cleaned up and can make it the next year doing well. I have my doubts though as it does seem when he has time on his hands he eventually decides to go do something stupid. This is why I said he needs to invest in himself. He still has a chance to make millions up millions of dollars if he can do well this year. I've seen players do it. Heck Von Miller just did it with the Broncos of getting himself completely out of the drug program with the NFL for keeping himself clean for 2 years straight.

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't agree more. These players are handed a perfect situation to keep themselves from trouble yet they consistently seem to find a way to get in trouble (at least for some of these guys). I would think they know they have a short window to make a ton of money so they could refrain from some of these things that they know will only get them busted.

I honestly do hope Aldon gets his life cleaned up and can make it the next year doing well. I have my doubts though as it does seem when he has time on his hands he eventually decides to go do something stupid. This is why I said he needs to invest in himself. He still has a chance to make millions up millions of dollars if he can do well this year. I've seen players do it. Heck Von Miller just did it with the Broncos of getting himself completely out of the drug program with the NFL for keeping himself clean for 2 years straight.

Its not like he used a prosthetic penis and a bag of someone elses urine to try and pass a piss test.