• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aldon Smith arrested for DUI

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. The notion that blowing .08 = drunk driving is absolutely ridiculous. A guy who blows .08 isn't anymore dangerous than a college student who's been awake for 16 straight hours studying for a test, or an old lady that can barely see and doesn't know how to use her signals.

Drunk drivers in general have been so villianized that people don't even pay attention to context or what's behind it.

Yes, that's why I refuse become a part of their club. I just don't have thick enough skin. ;)

The 'fact' (taking your word for this) that a guy who blows an .08 isn't more dangerous than a college student who's been awake for long hours (I think 16 is a little low, I've been up for 24+ before I think I'd be affected as much as 0.08 and I'm a lightweight - but that's besides the point), doesn't excuse the drinking. It just makes the amount of vitriol against the drunk driver overstated.

I don't think they're any more dangerous, but they are more blameworthy of it. If they are swerving or hit somebody, I don't care if it could very well have just been a tired student. (The tired student should get something short of reckless driving and/or the fault in the accident report) I'm not basing my argument upon 0.08 or 0.16 or any number. You're responsible for whatever level you are at and the state has determined that 0.08 is the limit. I'm all for raising the limit if there can be some support for it. But as space said, who would stand up for the 8 percenters?

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aldon Smith - LB - 49ers 49ers OLB Aldon Smith's blood-alcohol level was more than twice the legal limit when he was arrested for DUI on Miami Beach Saturday morning.
Smith's first BAC test showed .194, and the second .176. The Florida legal limit is .08. Police observed Smith "swerving in and out of lanes" before pulling him over at 4:33AM. Other drivers were forced to "break abruptly" to avoid a collision. Smith is likely facing at least a one-game NFL suspension

Wow

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aldon Smith - LB - 49ers 49ers OLB Aldon Smith's blood-alcohol level was more than twice the legal limit when he was arrested for DUI on Miami Beach Saturday morning.
Smith's first BAC test showed .194, and the second .176. The Florida legal limit is .08. Police observed Smith "swerving in and out of lanes" before pulling him over at 4:33AM. Other drivers were forced to "break abruptly" to avoid a collision. Smith is likely facing at least a one-game NFL suspension

Wow

I know he's playing on a rookie contract, but you would think he could have used some of that 8.96 million bonus to get a cab or pay a driver. A regular guy like me may balk at having to pay the exorbitant price for a cab in Miami, but he can surely afford it. Miami Beach is a sketchy place to be driving around wasted too.

BallsOfFury

Next man up
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Wow

Hopefully the other drivers had to brake abruptly. Unless Aldon's car hit them, they didn't break.
That said, what kind of suspension did Braylon Edwards get for his DUI?