• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aldon Smith Agrees to Plea Deal

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read it. Quit with the bull. It's an interview with a guy who is an expert on the English language. Webster uses him as a source for crying out loud. If your not going to read it, that's on you.

I did read it.

So, you don't actually have any basis for believing what you believe it says, other than one shitcon gunnut site told you so? If you can't articulate what that amendment means, then I don't know how you could possibly believe it confers a fundamental right. Fundamental rights are a big deal dude, you shouldn't just hurr durr your way around like that.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just out of curiosity Whysies, to what do you think the word "arms" in the 2nd amendment refers? Sticks with nails on the ends of 'em?

I assume it basically means guns, has that ever been in dispute? Shit, probably, people are obnoxious and will argue about anything/everything.

Anyway, I don't think the "arms" part should/could be controversial.

Family guy sucks though bro, couldn't you have stuck to South Park/Simpsons?

Last edited by a moderator:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We've already established that England does not record homicides the same way the US does. Other countries may record data differently as well. Some countries' government data is completely unreliable, and not all other countries have gun bans like England.

The only way to show causality is to try to isolate a single variable: that variable being gun control. in the same country, in the same time period, I've pretty much already proven that gun control INCREASES crime. Or did you completely ignore that Chicago's murder rate

Chicago's murders in 2012: 500 or more (500 on Dec 28th). Chicago murder rate sets new record ? RT USA

Within 7 short months of Illinois lifting conceal-carry restrictions (last state to do so) in July '13, homicides fell to the lowest rates in 56 years, and overall crime fell 25%. What Happened to Chicago’s Murder Rate After Illinois Upheld Concealed Carry and Why it Matters

Every time gun restrictions are made there is an immediate, GIGANTIC increase in crime, and vice versa. Your 'solution' to the problem is making it worse (as is typically the case with liberal "solutions").

If we leave crime stats out of the discussion, then all your articles go out the discussion too. so lets ignore crime and just look at decent Americans, those who quality for a gun permit. btw - statistically, what is the larger number - hardened criminals, or people able to get a legal gun?

Your point of view increases the amount of guns in society, so long term just about everyone will carry it like a cell phone. Anyone, anywhere, anytime he/she would have a gun at his/her disposal. what happens in a minor traffic dispute where someone cuts you off and gave the middle finger? what happens if you're waiting for a parking stall in a crowded Mall, and someone zooms in first? what happens when your wife wants something on sale during Black Friday, but another lady grabs it out of her hand? what happens when your kid is hurt by an unruly neighbor and runs home to tell you? what happens when a stranger runs over you family pet and kills it on purpose? what happens in a sports bar when one side gets enthusiastic and picks on another fan? what happens when you're in a long line at Motor Vehicle, and someone cuts?

ANYTIME a 'decent person' feels disrespected - and there is no anger like being disrespected - BOTH parties already have a gun in hand. what if both sides have two friends along, or a lady has a shopping partner along? without even getting into the crimes stats you're holding onto, does this increase the odds of shooting, or deters shooting?

again, this isn't even about crimes, so your gun ban stats don't apply.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
again, this isn't even about crimes, so your gun ban stats don't apply.

Conveniently. Thank you for proving what I've been saying all along. Liberal ideologies don't take into consideration what ACTUALLY HAPPENS IN THE REAL WORLD. Your position is more based on hypothetical, made-up things in what-if land. And your post proves that:

Your point of view increases the amount of guns in society, so long term just about everyone will carry it like a cell phone.

Which has never happened, even though guns have been around since before 1776. But don't let reality ruin a good, liberal argument.

what happens in a minor traffic dispute where someone cuts you off and gave the middle finger? what happens if you're waiting for a parking stall in a crowded Mall, and someone zooms in first? what happens when your wife wants something on sale during Black Friday, but another lady grabs it out of her hand? what happens when your kid is hurt by an unruly neighbor and runs home to tell you? what happens when a stranger runs over you family pet and kills it on purpose? what happens in a sports bar when one side gets enthusiastic and picks on another fan? what happens when you're in a long line at Motor Vehicle, and someone cuts?

OH MY GOD WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE! If people were allowed to own guns (which they already are) when those things happen (which they already do), the world is doomed!

without even getting into the crimes stats you're holding onto, does this increase the odds of shooting, or deters shooting?

Well, if I'm just going to wildly guess what's going to happen and then assume I'm right without any way of testing my theory and call anyone who disagrees with me stupid (or racist), then I would say CLEARLY this will happen:

And you're an idiot if you disagree with me. Better enjoy life until August 1997 because after that guns are going to end the world.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Shooter and 1 Student at Portland, Oregon, High School Confirmed Dead: Police - NBC News

Sick - just another gun related incident. again, how does arming people deter the shooting in the first place?

RV - the common reason given is protection of home and family, but where do most of the shootings occur....inside or outside the home? how do these people obtain guns in the first place, from bad guys who buy them?

its a snowball effect, the more incidents like there, the more guns enter society. the more guns entering society, the more chances of guns falling into the wrong hands. the more 'wrong hands', the more public shootings. these are not even 'hardened criminals' doing the shooting.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shooter and 1 Student at Portland, Oregon, High School Confirmed Dead: Police - NBC News

Sick - just another gun related incident. again, how does arming people deter the shooting in the first place?

RV - the common reason given is protection of home and family, but where do most of the shootings occur....inside or outside the home? how do these people obtain guns in the first place, from bad guys who buy them?

its a snowball effect, the more incidents like there, the more guns enter society. the more guns entering society, the more chances of guns falling into the wrong hands. the more 'wrong hands', the more public shootings. these are not even 'hardened criminals' doing the shooting.

http://worldtruth.tv/nearly-every-m...ares-one-thing-in-common-and-it-isnt-weapons/

I am for gun control and mental health overhaul in this country. In terms of gun control, I would like there to be mandatory background checks to verify for those with any history of mental illness and/or criminal records...and stiff penalties/jail time for those who don't follow.

I also would like there to be an entire overhaul of how medications are administered with the health of the individual and his long term mental stability in mind, SERIOUSLY considering the risks. Some of these drugs that are handed out have shown psychotic episodes as a prevalent side effect to taking them, yet they are medicating at an alarming rate.

Read through this article and tell me that doesn't strike a nerve with you...

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

Arming adults doesn't deter people from shooting up a school. People who shoot up schools are f'ing nut jobs. They're not the typical liquor-store robbers & gang bangers. They're the .01% of shootings that arming citizens won't deter because the surrounding citizens are children; you can't arm children.

But you know what will deter people from shooting up schools? Armed security at every school in the united states. And the schools could EASILY afford to hire those people if they didn't insist on having an army of bureaucrats, assistant principals, & unionized, pensioned staff from everyone from the janitors to the people who cut the lawns (even though going private-sector would cut costs by about 70%). And retired police officers volunteered to patrol schools for free, and the schools said no. Why? Because the people who run the ca$h-cow monopoly called public school are just about the stupidest people on planet earth.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arming adults doesn't deter people from shooting up a school. People who shoot up schools are f'ing nut jobs. They're not the typical liquor-store robbers & gang bangers. They're the .01% of shootings that arming citizens won't deter because the surrounding citizens are children; you can't arm children.

But you know what will deter people from shooting up schools? Armed security at every school in the united states. And the schools could EASILY afford to hire those people if they didn't insist on having an army of bureaucrats, assistant principals, & unionized, pensioned staff from everyone from the janitors to the people who cut the lawns (even though going private-sector would cut costs by about 70%). And retired police officers volunteered to patrol schools for free, and the schools said no. Why? Because the people who run the ca$h-cow monopoly called public school are just about the stupidest people on planet earth.

Can you explain what you mean by calling public schools a "cash cow?"

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Can you explain what you mean by calling public schools a "cash cow?"

I've done so numerous time before in other threads. Here in California in particular, if you factor in the equivalent value of salary + CALSTRS pensions, the median salary in California for teachers is over 100K a year for 160 days of works. Janitors, landscapers, and the 60% of all public-education employees that are non-teachers all have pensions. More than half of every tax dollar (in the highest taxed state in the union) in California goes to "education." And despite all the the CTA does, there has NEVER... I repeat... NEVER been a budget cut in education in California (there's just been re-allocation of funds to different things). It's a damn cash cow.

They own the state, and the schmucks in what's left of the private sector now exist to serve them.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://worldtruth.tv/nearly-every-m...ares-one-thing-in-common-and-it-isnt-weapons/

I am for gun control and mental health overhaul in this country. In terms of gun control, I would like there to be mandatory background checks to verify for those with any history of mental illness and/or criminal records...and stiff penalties/jail time for those who don't follow.

I also would like there to be an entire overhaul of how medications are administered with the health of the individual and his long term mental stability in mind, SERIOUSLY considering the risks. Some of these drugs that are handed out have shown psychotic episodes as a prevalent side effect to taking them, yet they are medicating at an alarming rate.

I think your position is reasonable. In California we have gone well beyond that. We have a group of legislators who are trying to make it so difficult and expensive to legally own guns in this state. They tried to push a group of laws so restrictive that even our current Governor vetoed half of them.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

0,01% of incidents, or number of people shot? nah, don't bother googling. can't help question this percentage, that's all I want to say on this part.

Hawaii looked into this a few years ago, but financially it wasn't even close. most of our schools aren't enclosed, so one person can't be everywhere. we can't even supply enough books and keep the facilities decent. then you get to questions like....can one armed security guard really stop it, or will he be the first to die? will arming Principles and teachers work in most schools......doubt it. btw - mentally unstable people don't worry about who else has guns.

anyway, as most here already know, we're going to see more and MORE of these incidents. its almost weekly nowadays.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've done so numerous time before in other threads. Here in California in particular, if you factor in the equivalent value of salary + CALSTRS pensions, the median salary in California for teachers is over 100K a year for 160 days of works. Janitors, landscapers, and the 60% of all public-education employees that are non-teachers all have pensions. More than half of every tax dollar (in the highest taxed state in the union) in California goes to "education." And despite all the the CTA does, there has NEVER... I repeat... NEVER been a budget cut in education in California (there's just been re-allocation of funds to different things). It's a damn cash cow.

They own the state, and the schmucks in what's left of the private sector now exist to serve them.

You are right. Based on a prior proposition that was passed, the education system is guaranteed a percentage of the state's overall budget. Was a bad idea.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Hawaii looked into this a few years ago, but financially it wasn't even close. we can't even supply enough books and keep the facilities decent.

This is a school problem not a funding problem. Their priorities are completely fucked; they're FAR more concerned with their own benefits than actually teaching kids how to read & write. Kids get what's left over after they get their grubby hands all over the money. If they went private sector, they could hire armed security guards for like $15 an hour (no pensions). But they refuse to do that because they're assholes who only care about getting a piece back in their union coffers.

then you get to questions like....can one armed security guard really stop it, or will he be the first to die?

If you have a choice between an armed guard where there's a shooting and no armed guard, you always want the guard. If he's the first to die, people will at least hear the shot & possibly be able to get on lock down in order to slow or stop his would-be killing spree. Plus, even if the guard gets shot he could shoot back. People don't necessarily die instantly from gun shots.

will arming Principles and teachers work in most schools......doubt it.

This I agree with. Do not arm public-school employees. They're some of the most incompetent, stupid people I've ever met. And they're a bunch of pussies, so they'd be gripped with fear anyway (generally speaking).

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, but that was the only gun charge I could remember, and I can' think of a better one to which I can compare Aldon's charge. Actually, I'm not even clear on what he did that was illegal in that case.

Hey Sickness, thought I would make your day, lol.

Y! SPORTS

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is a school problem not a funding problem. Their priorities are completely fucked; they're FAR more concerned with their own benefits than actually teaching kids how to read & write. Kids get what's left over after they get their grubby hands all over the money. If they went private sector, they could hire armed security guards for like $15 an hour (no pensions). But they refuse to do that because they're assholes who only care about getting a piece back in their union coffers.

If you have a choice between an armed guard where there's a shooting and no armed guard, you always want the guard. If he's the first to die, people will at least hear the shot & possibly be able to get on lock down in order to slow or stop his would-be killing spree. Plus, even if the guy gets shot he could shoot back. People don't necessarily die instantly when shot.

This I agree with. Do not arm public-school employees. They're some of the most incompetent, stupid people I've ever met. And they're a bunch of pussies, so they'd be gripped with fear anyway.

remember, my thinking is remove guns, stop the flow of guns, make it harder to even obtain a gun. why? so you don't have shootings in the first place. this is still about everyday people, every day life, not even including hardened criminals.

we will never get rid of all guns, but remove half and there are half the shootings.

your thinking is arm everybody and let everybody play chicken with guns. dare mentally unstable or HIGHLY stressed people to shoot or not, what do you expect they'll do?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
remember, my thinking is remove guns, stop the flow of guns, make it harder to even obtain a gun. why? so you don't have shootings in the first place. this is still about everyday people, every day life, not even including hardened criminals.

we will never get rid of all guns, but remove half and there are half the shootings.

your thinking is arm everybody and let everybody play chicken with guns. dare mentally unstable or HIGHLY stressed people to shoot or not, what do you expect they'll do?

Dont think you will ever stop the amount of guns no matter how hard you try.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
remember, my thinking is remove guns, stop the flow of guns, make it harder to even obtain a gun. why? so you don't have shootings in the first place.

It only takes 1 gun for a public shooting. And it's easier to stop the flow of 'em into Hawaii; you don't share a border with Mexico.

This is 6-year-old-kid logic that I've completely disproven with actual crime data. Again, when conceal-carry laws were reinstated in Chicago, it took 7 months for the murder rate to go from record high's to the lowest it's been since 1958. 7 months!

They (people with conceal-carry permits) will do exactly what they've always done: be the most law-abiding people on planet earth. They commit almost no crimes whatsoever.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Sure, because it's insane. Look, even if that article is correct about those individuals using those particular drugs, the reality is that the vast majority of the drugs cited are used to treat depression and other, more severe types of mental illness. Arguing that mentally ill people killed other not because they were mentally ill, but because of the drugs that had been used to treat them, is just a tiny bit of a stretch. Is it possible? I suppose so. I'd want to see a bit more than correlation before signing on for causation.

And the whole "government releasing military-style weapons to the criminal element with the hope of gaining arms prohibition" is so ridiculous it hardly bears commenting.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Arizona's Gun Posse - The Colbert Report - Video Clip | Comedy Central